CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildcat

wildcat Witness

edited to remove copyrighted material.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2010
  2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't know how many times this has to be said--if you post pages from a script, it's copyrighted material. Do not do it here, or post mention of spoiler sources. This is not a hard rule to follow. I don't want to have to hand out warnings, but I will if people continue to ignore this rule.

wildcat, please also stop double-posting--you can respond to more than one person in a single post.

On topic, while I see where Flack might not have much moral high ground these days, two wrongs don't make a right. Danny is being pretty dumb about this whole badge thing, and Flack has a right to be frustrated with him, as does Lindsay.

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i have no idea if mac's birthday is meant to be the same - i guess if this ep is themed around paddy's day we'll find out, but i'd be surprised. i wasn't being entirely serious, just suggesting that as producer, maybe gary felt it was time he got something for his birthday and some different kind of scenes with mac would provide that ;)

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Not to make excuses but I'll make the excuse for Flack:lol: He was full of grief when he messed up Danny was, well...just full of being Danny!
    And LINDSEY? Now she is going to start covering for him....seems kind of out of character Mac will be so disappointed..... shame shame.

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

If my memory doesn't fail the episode (if the real date does matter) where Mac celebrated his birthday was aired on early November :D (November 1st according to tv dot com)
    But we know real timeline and the one in the show are different :)

6. wildcat

wildcat Witness

Sorry for misunderstanding. :( I'm not familiar with the copyright law, but have some experience in patent law. There whatever has been published in any form - on the web, on paper, presented orally, such as the public had an access, everything automatically becomes so called "public knowledge" and can be freely cited afterwards. The fact that the info I posted has been placed on an accessible to the wide public site, as well seeing that generally the same info was posted on that site and here by the same nicks led me to an impression that it's okay to mention here.
    Won't repeat. Note taken.

"Do not post mention of spoiler sources." - so, you post the same info as on that outside source, but without mentioning the source? :rolleyes: Seems more than strange to me, as I believe in giving credit if I use something. But - ok, now I'll know.

Could I ask you to write an info topic on "how to submit spoilers - what you can do and what is forbidden" and pin it somewhere - here or in the general thread? Preferably with a clear list of the known web sites which you don't want to be mentioned here - it would immensely help the novices like me. Needless to say, that up to now the only direction I saw on this site was - not to post any uncovered by tags spoilers in other then spoilers thread and to use public sites/sources (btw - any accessible web site IS a public source).

THAT is not fair. That's what I've been doing here - most of my posts are a half of page long, answering to everybody ahead of my post, though a couple of times I had to break my posts in two because I could not post otherwise - too long, there is a limit on the number of smiles/pictures used as you undoubtedly know. Enough to have a look up this thread.

Oh.. My bad. :rolleyes: You are right. :thumbsup: The one where Mac meets Reed was 3.08 "Consequences" and it was November,8 according to what I found. And it's been mentioned that Stella was at Mac's a week (?) ago. Eh, I had such a nice theory, and now it all goes to bits and pieces. :lol:

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Catching up on pages and pages of things I've missed here. Bear with me. :p

Regards all the romance spoilers n' bru-ha, I'll just say, I don't mind at all Mac's getting a new interest. And while certain fall-out from those who have ships involving him is expected ;), I think it could also be a good thing for the show to open him up a bit again.

This season he's suffered for a certain niche of writing for his character. I'd love to see that shrugged off again and for him to be rounded out a bit. I think S3 was a very good season for evolving his character. He's had a plateau for awhile now, some might say a soapbox, and if a romantic involvement helps push him out of that particular near-default status quo, I'm absolutely all for it. Branch it out, shake it up. With something that challenges him and us. Good lord, bring it it on.

I also agree with those who bring up Sheldon, wondering what's happened with his rumoured romance. Given that there were indications that Hawkes might be getting a life outside the labs, beyond losing his worldly possessions that is, I was hoping we would have already seen a moment or two of screentime devoted to that, and I hope that that potential for him has not been wholly lost in the shuffle.

As for Adam and Stella, I'm relieved their involvement is not continuing or being taken further. That said, I wouldn't at all mind a scene or three of them addressing what did happen between them, to expand a wee bit more than the "it was a delightful one-off"/"dandyo" that we got.

We've certainly seen no other indications, romance or otherwise, of the "new" direction Stella was to take this year. (Have we? Surely I'll be corrected if I'm wrong :lol:, I'm still not sure I've caught up on my haphazard viewing of the season). Still waiting for Stella to have some hints at a life that won't hinge on a personal disaster of some sort (HIV, stalker, psycho, lying pseudo adopted father figure, etc). If they insist on referencing Chelsea Uni every second ep, mebbe they can have her teaching again. Mebbe she's taking dance classes or something. Mebbe there's a more interesting fireman on the baseball team. Or mebbe she switched to basketball. Who knows. :lol:. Mebbe not everyone hasta have a romance in order to indicate a personal life, and the show won't turn totally soap for the efforts to flesh characters out. :p.

The show also had wee tiny hints that Adam was crushing on Haylen, even while he felt his position in the labs threatened by her presence. I guess she's now gone to bigger and better things as well. Given that Adam is also not in every episode, I suppose it would also be more difficult to justify his screentime being used to portray a romance than to use his quirky persona to Help Fight Crime. And. If I may observe. Adam, of all of them, has hinted at the widest scope of personal interests and experience. Well. Besides Sid, perhaps :lol:. Certainly lots to work with, no?

I'm not very familiar with the actress cast for Mac's interest, nor the roles she's noted for beyond a hazy recollection of an ep or two of Californication. I'll simply hope for the best for the character and give her a fair shake, knowing also the limited scope she'll likely get. I hope that the writing is good and perhaps even unexpected, and for a chemistry in casting that translates well onscreen. I also hope that her character does not work in the world of law or even medicine, and that we're not jumping into a relationship written as long ongoing for the sake of not having to bother to set it up; so far it sounds rather promising, that we'll (presumably) meet her at the same time he does.

I'm delighted also to hear that Reed is making an appearance. If they find a way to bring Sam Flack back at some point, so much the better. There are characters and dynamics that have worked well, and that have also helped maintain the realm our main roster inhabits. Well. I've kinda given up on a return of Louie. Mebbe one day the show will surprise me. It'll be the zombie ep I keep hoping for, that Tarentino will direct. Louie returns at last. a little worse for wear...

Well, apart from tweaking the intro a tad, I'd definitely love to see that :p

[​IMG]
    ...sooooo, how's he doing so far? Needs a few more drinks mebbe? :p

Agree (tho I liked Peyton ;)). This could be a good thing.

Seconded as well. There have been a few good friendship Mac/Stella flickers this season. A few more concerted moments of interaction, whether they're arguing or agreeing, is welcome.

Whoosh :lol: You and I, m'dear, appear to have very different tastes (and it's all good ;))

I was at first getting muddled between Gillian and Jordan, trying to recall who each was. Jordan was the mayoral aide type person, right? Wispy milquetoast, *shudder* erm, no thanks. Feeling vaguely nauseous. D.I. Gillian Whitford? If they'd kept her around, I mighta been on board with that. I think she had potential to be a real solid character of her own, though her position within the NYPD would have made even the portrayal of anything developing between them problematic; about the most interesting thing coulda been expanding on that coffee to realize they both might be interested in more and that it would be impossibly inappropriate, to say the least. I liked Peyton, and though I agree there were aspects to her character and portrayal I was less enamoured with, I still ultimately think it was among the best handled romances the show has managed in six seasons. As for Quinn, I felt she too had potential to be a good character in her own right, didn't cater, spoke her mind, personally and professionally, and moreover, working in Jersey, meant that had anything developed post situational lab-review, there would be no conflict of interest or professional issue in their getting together, or exploring the possibility, and with a past between them that would made things even more interesting. I was rather hoping she wouldn't disappear into the ether, but it appears she has. In keeping with a Mac possible romance retrospective :lol:, I'd also have been curious, in a parallel show dimension quantum whatever, what might have become of a Mac/Jane Parsons wee sumthin.

This. She did mesh well with the others too, good point. Agree with all dis.

Thanks for spoilers. :)

Flack speaking Irish. Makes me happy. Reminds me of Angell. Less happy.

Reed returning, makes me happy. Continuity from his past eps, also makes me happy.

Mac having a random encounter to intro his new love interest, instead of a premiere bed reveal or an Ellie or Drew type stalker moment, has potential. Probably the among the better introductions since Quinn, or his being an Oatmeal guy in a breakfast diner with the woman from S1, was it? Rose, I think she was. Hmm. Perhaps the key for Mac is to pick the right places of sustanence... :p

Adam being in the ep makes me happy. Adam in the field makes me very happy. Adam and Hawkes in the field, well now, that's just madness innit :D.

Nope. You weren't the only one :p.

Lord I wish I had time to re-watch seasons. Any re-runs I've seen I've still liked. And from S1 to now, S3 is a season that, between Reed and Peyton, pushed Mac's character in a whole lotta new directions. I still like the depiction of Mac and Peyton, now as then. I'm glad the show kinda encapsulated it into S3 and didn't have it drag out without knowing what more to do with it, in addition to trying to juggle two ME's to accomodate it. But I still liked the idea of them together, and generally the realization of their relationship, and thought they had chemistry.

So. All in all. We don't get a new episode until February, is that it?

Bleh.

Bastards :lol:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  8. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

Awesome! (or sorted, innit! - as we say here) - I have invoked a reply from the Legend that is La Guera!!
    You're right -we aren't playing Top That Blunder (sounds exciting though) and even though i do like Flack (he could be Dexter but remorseful) - i was just kinda :eek: :eek: when he rounded on Danny for... having no common sense? Given his current murderous form, his bitchface was hard to swallow.
    Why yes, i do have extreme prejudice when it comes to protecting that lil Noo Yark scruff...:lol:

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

O.K. So here we are again waiting for another epsode...Twiddles thumbs.
    Hate to say it but Danny and his stupid badge loss, and Mac and his "Newest" romance prospect dont have me all that excited anyway. I am sick of Danny being an idiot and Mac needing girlfriends. Yes I am a Smack fan but with all the head games they play, the whole thing is getting old maybe Mac should become a eunuch. Just as well they keep stringing the Smack fans along or they could end up like D/L what a botched up mess that has become. Why oh Why could they not bring back Louie and Sam? This Shane Casey escape Houdini act is a bit questionable:wtf: Maybe he shares a cell with Luke Blade:rolleyes: Back in the day when episodes were exciting...reminices :( And Danny had a brain AND a real hairdo. When Flack looked good in his suit and tie...Humm Flack still looks good:drool: and Stella and Mac were, I dont know what would you call them and LINDSEY believe it or not I use to LIKE her untill they shoved her down my throat. And there was a guy named Adam and well Sid is still cool...maybe I am watching the wrong show on Wednesday night:confused:

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

we so do, ya get me? innit. sorry, that was way ot. erm, i'm voting for disco mac too - please please let that happen!!!!

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

WOW! Merci Perl! :D I really think it's gonna be a good one! :D

13. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Well, at least there will be snow in NY!

14. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:merci Perlnoir!

15. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

6.15 "The Forumla"[/size]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

source: Tv.com​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.