CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask you: do you really want to have a character with "toxic personality" on CSi:NY? :eek: I certainly hope not. ;) And not in any kind of a relationship with Mac. :cool: It would destroy Mac, and then it would harm all the "family" atmosphere in the lab.

but presumably this woman, being an actress, is able to do characters other than toxic, right? i know there's typecasting sometimes but most actors are able to differentiate between the various characters they play! i think it's a bit unfair to write off a new character just because the actress playing her played a less than nice character elsewhere. otherwise the entire film and tv industry would collapse!

I guess I'm the only one who saw romantic chemistry between Peyton and Mac. :p

i kind of saw some at the time, but the more i watch s3, the less i see it. although i'm happy to admit that my judgement on later viewings may be clouded by the general opinion that there wasn't - just because once you know that so many people reacted to something a particular way, you start seeing it in a different way yourself.

i didn't mind peyton really (i'm flying the flag for her as she grew up about 9 miles from where i live - as did gillian (julia ormond), i'm still hoping that mac just has a "thing" for girls from this area!!:guffaw::guffaw:) but i think she was doomed to failure - anyone whose first scene is in the lead character's bed is well and truly screwed (so to speak...). if she'd been brought in as a character other than that (ie as the new ME or something) who then ended up with mac, she might have stood a chance, but essentially they cut off any chance she might have had for character development, they totally restricted her to being "mac's girlfriend" and that must have been quite a tough job - claire forlani's not really a bad actress, and to have that kind of limited scope must've been quite frustrating. i am willing to bet that if she'd been given more scope to make her own a more rounded character, she'd have been fine. as it was the romance seemed kind of stiff and stilted, purely because she had no depth whatsoever. for which i blame the writers. so there!

i'm really hoping they do it a bit differently this time - it sounds like this woman's going to be someone mac meets in a cafe or something, right? well that kind of makes more sense than someone he meets in bed! but i really hope they allow this character to be something other than just the girlfriend and give her a bit more depth and personality than that, otherwise it'll be another failure.

I guess I'm the only one who saw romantic chemistry between Peyton and Mac. :p

You just have to watch these episodes again. ;)
All where this storyline was. It looks very different seeing it the second (third,...) time and without week-long breaks. :lol:

I loved Mac and Peyton together as well. They had amazing chemistry and I've watched the episodes several times on the DVDs without "week long breaks". :rolleyes: ;)

Then we'll just have to agree to disagree, right? ;) :lol:

I saw her as somebody very sticky, needy, not wanting to understand Mac's wish to keep their private life separate from work, and constantly sending him on a guilt trip. And then she just dropped him in a rather low way. :rolleyes: And in my opinion there was not any chemistry whatsoever. :lol:

Let me ask you: do you really want to have a character with "toxic personality" on CSi:NY? :eek: I certainly hope not. ;) And not in any kind of a relationship with Mac. :cool: It would destroy Mac, and then it would harm all the "family" atmosphere in the lab.

but presumably this woman, being an actress, is able to do characters other than toxic, right? i know there's typecasting sometimes but most actors are able to differentiate between the various characters they play!

Yes, exactly! :thumbsup: I would not be surprised if the original poster said that even though the last performance she's been seen in was "a toxic kind of character", we hope that this new role with Mac will be different. But there was expressed the wish to see the same type of toxic personality on CSINY. :wtf: Go figure... :rolleyes: :lol:

i didn't mind peyton really (i'm flying the flag for her as she grew up about 9 miles from where i live - as did gillian (julia ormond), i'm still hoping that mac just has a "thing" for girls from this area!!:guffaw::guffaw:)
I think you should just go to LA and ask them to cast you as the next "love interest" for Mac. ;) (Anyhow, one more, one less - we don't care now.:lol:) You have a fair chance with all that! :guffaw::guffaw:

... they cut off any chance she might have had for character development, they totally restricted her to being "mac's girlfriend" and that must have been quite a tough job - claire forlani's not really a bad actress, and to have that kind of limited scope must've been quite frustrating. i am willing to bet that if she'd been given more scope to make her own a more rounded character, she'd have been fine. as it was the romance seemed kind of stiff and stilted, purely because she had no depth whatsoever. for which i blame the writers. so there!
I guess we will never know now. :rolleyes:
And that's the problem with any "side" recurring character - just not enough screen time to develop anything meaningful. And you can not give to that love line much more time, because it's still first of all a crime story.

Originally Posted by wildcat
Yes, exactly! :thumbsup: I would not be surprised if the original poster said that even though the last performance she's been seen in was "a toxic kind of character", we hope that this new role with Mac will be different. But there was expressed the wish to see the same type of toxic personality on CSINY. :wtf: Go figure... :rolleyes: :lol:

Not toxic exactly...but I do think that poisonous, or morally ambiguous personalities usually imply character depth, and I really like murky depths in characters. I don't need or want to see the same things Amick's character was doing on GG -- blackmail, cheating on her husband with a seventeen-year-old boy, etc, etc -- but I do want her NY character to actually hold my interest. Which means having a little more to her than just "I love to uphold truth and justice, but it's so tough being in a 'man's' job." (seriously, I feel like this has been the running gimmick of every one of Mac's potential girlfriends, with the possible exception of Peyton.)

On that note, I think they're doing a great thing in not having Mac's new girlfriend work in law enforcement. For one thing, it's very realistic; in that it's about time one of them hooked up with someone outside of the ludicrously-exclusive bubble of NYPD. For another...CSI's franchise doesn't have a great record as far as successful romantic relationships go, but there are several examples where the characters have dated outside of their work (Catherine, Warrick, Grissom [sort of], Eric Delko, Stella with Frankie). None of those drew away from the main point of the shows. The Frankie storyline became ugly, but in the earlier episodes of S2 it wasn't all that distracting.

The return of the spoiler report - huzzah! :p

That is to say, I did a spoiler report for "Sanguine Love". I don't think there's anything I didn't share when I first mentioned spoilers for the episode, but at least it's a bit of a refresher for the next episode, right? ;) (And remember, of course, that things can always change. Just because something happens in the spoilers doesn't mean it'll happen when the episode itself airs. :))

Thanks for the spoilers. The episode sounds interesting. I'm happy to see both, Adam and Lindsay are in it, I hope Sid will be there as well. Seeing Hawkes and Adam working together will be nice. And of course I'm happy to see that Danny and Lindsay will be working together as well. Questioning someone sounds fantastic to me.

The back-and-forth about Danny not reporting his nicked badge has me a little bemused. Because...it's not like he stared down the barrel of his gun and coldly murdered a suspect.
So, the real story (imho)... the blooming cheek of Flack, of all people, to get uppity with him for it :wtf:.

I think you should just go to LA and ask them to cast you as the next "love interest" for Mac. ;) (Anyhow, one more, one less - we don't care now.:lol:) You have a fair chance with all that! :guffaw::guffaw:[/QUOTE]

haha yep, that's what i'm planning :):lol:

Maya316 said:
Not toxic exactly...but I do think that poisonous, or morally ambiguous personalities usually imply character depth, and I really like murky depths in characters. ... I do want her NY character to actually hold my interest. Which means having a little more to her than just "I love to uphold truth and justice, but it's so tough being in a 'man's' job." (seriously, I feel like this has been the running gimmick of every one of Mac's potential girlfriends, with the possible exception of Peyton.)

On that note, I think they're doing a great thing in not having Mac's new girlfriend work in law enforcement. For one thing, it's very realistic; in that it's about time one of them hooked up with someone outside of the ludicrously-exclusive bubble of NYPD. For another...CSI's franchise doesn't have a great record as far as successful romantic relationships go

yeah, i pretty much agree with that - if she's too nicey nicey it'll get dull pretty fast, it'd be nice if there was a bit of conflict thrown in there too.

and i definitely agree that it's nice they go outside the lab for romance every so often!

perl: thanks for the pics :D

Last edited:
Let me ask you: do you really want to have a character with "toxic personality" on CSi:NY?
If she gets out of line Mac can "Ground her" since Gary is almost old enough to be her dad!:lol:

i'm thinking maybe gary demanded this romance - after all it looks like he meets her in the st patrick's day ep, which is also his birthday - maybe he wanted a bit of mac action as a birthday present?!

[/silly]

The back-and-forth about Danny not reporting his nicked badge has me a little bemused. Because...it's not like he stared down the barrel of his gun and coldly murdered a suspect.
So, the real story (imho)... the blooming cheek of Flack, of all people, to get uppity with him for it :wtf:.

And? Yes, Flack has lost much of the moral high ground by killing Simon Cade; only a fool would argue otherwise. However, we're not playing Top that Blunder. If we were, no one on CSI:NY would be able to rebuke anyone else, except maybe Sid or Adam.

No, Flack isn't sinless, but his point stands. It is a big deal, one that could harm innocent people, including Danny's own family. At least Flack's shooting of Simon Cade harmed none but him(and I really think there has to be an accounting someday). Danny's refusal to report the theft for the lame reason of, "I don't want to make a big deal of it" is reckless, immature, and selfish, and he doesn't even have the excuse of extreme mental anguish to hide behind.

CSI: NY - Episode 6.17 - Pot of Gold - Casting Call and Plotline

STORY LINE
it's St. Patrick's day, and all of New York City is ablaze with a hundred shades of green -- except for an abandoned warehouse in Brooklyn, where two corpses have left a tiny part of the city drenched in red...

[AGENT PANGLE] Female, early 30s.. OPEN ETHNICITY, an incredibly stunning but harried Treasury agent, she's in charge of the gold deposits at the local Federal Reserve Building in Manhattan, and she gives the city cops a tour of the $2000 billion stash of treasure, much of which is headed for China. A little stunned to learn that one of her gold bars has been used as a murder weapon, she reluctantly lets the detectives confiscate it as evidence, and later has the pleasure of arresting counterfeiter Thom...GUEST STAR.

[CAM] Mid-Late 20s.. OPEN ETHNICITY, a very handsome young man wearing a surplus jacket and jeans, he's an investigative reporter / blogger, who looks confident and cocky on his webpage -- but looks somber and scared after his partner, Michael Paley, is murdered. Believing the hired killer who eliminated Charlie Elder and Michael Paley to be a cop, Cam now distrusts everyone with a badge, and has no idea that the killer wore a security guard's uniform (it was dark). He has a tense meeting with Mac, arranged by middleman Reed, but has a gun and is twitchy as hell, afraid that he'll die as miserably shabby and brutal a death as his partner. He tells Mac just a little bit of what he knows about Thom's faked gold shipments before he panics and runs.sptv050769..GUEST STAR.

[FINNEGAN] Late 20s, a hot, dark and edgy bartender at the Nua Eabhrac Pub in midtown, Finnegan is busy at work, pouring organic green beer down the throats of pubcrawlers on St. Paddy's Day. He identifies a John Doe as a pub regular named Charlie Elder, but leaves out a vital detail: he clubbed Charlie to death with one of Thom's gold bars. Expert at keeping his deepest feelings closed off from the cops, hired killer Finnegan later becomes a prime suspect in the double murder of Charlie Elder and Michael Paley, and takes off at a fast run, trying to cut right through the heart of the Parade...GUEST STAR.

[THOM] Mid 30s, exceptionally handsome, Ivy League educated and impeccably dressed, Thom is a confident man with a booming business: reclaimed gold. the head of Empire Precious Metals, he melts down gold into bars, waits a week for inflation to raise the price, and re-sells them to China at a steady profit, using the local Federal Reserve as a storage place / shipper. Claiming complete bafflement over the fact that one of his gold bars has been used as a murder weapon, Thom in fact was desperate to keep secret the fact that he's been selling half-gold, half-tungsten to China -- and a pair of blogging reporters needed to be killed. Having hired bartender Finnegan to do his dirty work, Thom winds up going to a different prison from Finnegan -- a Federal prison for counterfeiters...GUEST STAR.

[PHIL] Late 30s, OPEN ETHNICITY, the counter man at Neufeld's Delicatessen, Phil is a well-seasoned New Yorker, and regards Mac as a regular customer who always orders "the usual." A guy who is expert at cutting through the din of the customers to call out their ticket numbers, Phil agrees to act as an Outer Boroughs Cupid when Aubrey leaves a thank-you note for Mac...LARGE CO-STAR

[REAL ESTATE AGENT] Late 20s, OPEN ETHNICITY, this beautiful female real estate agent recognizes Aubrey instantly, and passes along a message from Mac to her sptv050769...CO-STAR

[DRUNK GIRL] 21, OPEN ETHNICITY, young and gorgeous, she is one of the many drunk St. Patrick's Day pubcrawlers at the bar where Finnegan works...CO-STAR.

Ok my little tought about this badge story:confused::confused:

I think the reason Danny didn't report is maybe because he would have to give the reason he was to the acupuncture studio.

He told Lindsay that if he's still annoyed with his back he will have to go on medical leave meaning half pay and they can't afford that.( or maybe it was in the previous spoiler but not in the final shoot)

I think that's the story writters wanted us to buy but obviously it's far...far to be clear for all of us. We will see but I'm tired of stupid Danny:(:(:(

Not toxic exactly...but I do think that poisonous, or morally ambiguous personalities usually imply character depth, and I really like murky depths in characters. I don't need or want to see the same things Amick's character was doing on GG -- blackmail, cheating on her husband with a seventeen-year-old boy, etc, etc -- but I do want her NY character to actually hold my interest. Which means having a little more to her than just "I love to uphold truth and justice, but it's so tough being in a 'man's' job." (seriously, I feel like this has been the running gimmick of every one of Mac's potential girlfriends, with the possible exception of Peyton.)

Oh, ok, I see your point. :beer: I agree that some kind of a contradictory character is a lot more fun then a one-dimensional primitive one. ;)
If they could incorporate not only "a love interest" line, but some moral dilemmas and difficult choices it WOULD be more interesting.

i'm thinking maybe gary demanded this romance - after all it looks like he meets her in the st patrick's day ep, which is also his birthday - maybe he wanted a bit of mac action as a birthday present?!

[/silly]

OMG!!!! :eek::eek: You are right. It never crossed my mind. :rolleyes: :lol: (BTW, do we agree that Mac's birthday is on the same day as Gary's? ;) - When was aired this episode where Reed is following Stella after she dropped off Mac's birthday present to his place? :confused: I'm pretty sure it's been in spring.)
Hm... trying to mix this idea with some fanfic about Mac's birthday present. :p:lol:

[AGENT PANGLE] .., an incredibly stunning ..agent..

[CAM] ..a very handsome young man...

[FINNEGAN] .. a hot, .. bartender ...

[THOM] ..exceptionally handsome, ...

[REAL ESTATE AGENT] ...beautiful female real estate agent ...

[DRUNK GIRL] ...young and gorgeous, ...

Hm... Wait a minute....:wtf: What are we going to watch - CSI:NY or a beauty pageant? :eek: :lol: Everybody has to be hot, gorgeous, stunning and all-around beautiful. What happened to all the real average-looking new-yorkers? :rolleyes: They are like dinosaurs - all but extinct on the show.
Just wait a bit, my guess is that the next one got to be some chippendale show :guffaw:(why not ?- we just got a very detailed lingerie football report, but as it seems the majority of viewers are female - have to cater to them too :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back