CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'll admit Lindsay's being an idiot for not reporting the badge. Presumably, this now applies to Flack too, right?

Lindsay didn't report because she wants to protect Danny. Flack also didn't but that was because it was already late anyway. I think it's different. And like ~sarah~ said, he needs to do it himself. ;)

^ Oh yeah, I get that Flack and Lindsay are just protecting Danny and all, and he needs to report his badge himself. It's more that this is the third time Lindsay's risking career trouble over Danny, while she's otherwise so by-the-book when it comes to situations like this; so it's moronic in a "seriously, she hasn't gotten over that yet?" way. She's one of my favourites, but this isn't one of her smarter moves. This goes for Flack, too. I'm not sure if either one of them can actually get in trouble for keeping Danny's secret, but Mac's never been happy when secrets are kept from him, especially not secrets like this.

I was never a fan of Peyton (Well now I am), but with her around, season three was pretty awesome. Plus he was hottest then. But I'm hoping that this woman isn't introduced in his bed. That was just weird.

agreed - with that introduction, peyton could've been the coolest bloody character in history and she would still never have stood a chance. if they'd introd her as the new ME and let her develop she may well have been quite likeable, but introing her as basically just a shag didn't really do her any favours.

I guess they tried to make her someone who wasn't new because apparently the team knew who she was. But she was pretty cool when you forget her introduction. I just like her accent (British accents are so cool).

Anyway, I think that the writers didn't want to have to develop chemistry so they introduced her that way. I just hope they don't do it with this new girl.

Oh, I have a feeling that Danny is going to get chewed out over that badge thing. He needs to report this. It's great that he's told people, but he needs to report this. And hopefully this storyline isn't rushed too much.

Ok, here we go - lots of good stuff in this one! :) For some reason, it seemed confusing when I was writing out the spoilers, so hopefully I've managed to make it easy to understand what's going on and who's who. :lol:

6.17 "Pot of Gold":

~ It's a St Patrick's Day-themed episode - complete with a parade, green beer and Flack speaking Irish. ;)

~ They have two victims: one is a journalist (Paley) that was shot, and the other man (Charlie) was hit over the head with something. An impact mark on the ground next to Charlie includes numbers that Hawkes identifies as being from a bar of gold. This leads the team to interact with the US Treasury since the gold bar/murder weapon with that number was logged into a Federal Reserve vault that morning after being sold to China.

~ The gold leads the team to a gold manufacturing firm that Charlie worked for. However, the boss there has no idea why Charlie would be working with two journalists. (The two journalists are Paley and his friend Cam, who is missing.)

~ Mac's stepson Reed Garrett is back. He knows Cam, and he asks Mac to talk to him. He says Cam got in over his head - and he points out the scar on his neck from the Cabbie Killer that reminds Mac that Reed knows what can happen if you go too far. Mac promises to talk to Cam, but he knows he's taking a chance. The kid is going to have to prove that he isn't the killer.

~ Mac meets a woman named Aubrey Hunter in a busy deli at the beginning of the episode. (Clearly Mädchen Amick's character.) They share a nice moment in the middle of the chaos. (To clarify, I mean that they don't know each other before they randomly end up in the same deli at the same time - it's not a planned date or anything.)

~ In terms of our three here-one-week-gone-the-next characters, Lindsay and Adam are both mentioned, and Sid is not. (He could still be there, but that's all I know from the spoilers.) Speaking of which: Adam gets out of the lab to go with Hawkes to the Federal Reserve vault, and Lindsay and Danny visit a bar together to follow the trail of some specific green beer found on Charlie's shirt. ;) (Thought I'd mention some fun little tidbits for you guys. :D)
For what it's worth, if Gary and Mädchen have good chemistry, it looks like they'll probably be kind of adorable. :adore: Fingers crossed!

I still think it's bizarre that less than fifty percent of people in Ireland speak Irish Gaelic but yet Flack does. But at least they remembed that he spoke it last season.

It's nice to know Reed was not forgotten.

^ Oh yeah, I get that Flack and Lindsay are just protecting Danny and all, and he needs to report his badge himself. It's more that this is the third time Lindsay's risking career trouble over Danny, while she's otherwise so by-the-book when it comes to situations like this; so it's moronic in a "seriously, she hasn't gotten over that yet?" way. She's one of my favourites, but this isn't one of her smarter moves. This goes for Flack, too. I'm not sure if either one of them can actually get in trouble for keeping Danny's secret, but Mac's never been happy when secrets are kept from him, especially not secrets like this.

I think both Lindsay and Flack are way too partial to Danny to be objective about the stupid things he does. Thematically, the most interesting twist would be if something really bad happened to Danny and they both finally realized that coddling him is not the best way to keep him safe. Lindsay is acting as an enabler, and Flack has done so a lot too in the past--whether he will here or is just washing his hands of the situation remains to be seen. Either way, neither of them are actually helping Danny.

"Pot of Gold" sounds like it has potential. I wonder if it's airing the week of St. Paddy's day.

I remember I read somewhere a conversation between Mac and Danny about wife hiding things to protect her hubby (spoke about diner overcooked...) so maybe Danny will get in trouble and Lindsay will feel responsible for hiding things from Mac and will try to go to rescue him.. Maybe it's sort of "last year scenario" revisiting as the pregnancy changed everything. :):):)

I like the sound of 'Pot of Gold'. Nice to see Reed back, to be honest I wasn't expecting to see him again. :)

Yeah, um, I was actually including D/L as the major grate in that whole intra-team romance thing. :wtf: I'm about as fond of DL as I am of Angell. And real-life serial killers. And the Black Hole of Continuity. I like how my being a Lindsay fan also means I'm supposedly a DL fan, though, way to not generalize :rolleyes:
Missed the inclusion reference while deciphering your comment:) Pity though I use to like Lindsay too.

but it's like carrying your work nametag
Try flashing your work name tag to someone on the street and see if you would get the same reaction as flashing a badge.

It's not like the department is going to grill Danny on whether he left it unlocked
A matter of security would play a huge part in the circumstance IMP:)

I'm not sure if either one of them can actually get in trouble for keeping Danny's secret,
Probably not except for the "Wrath of Mac"!...And who would want to listen to that?:lol:

I think both Lindsay and Flack are way too partial to Danny to be objective about the stupid things he does. Thematically, the most interesting twist would be if something really bad happened to Danny and they both finally realized that coddling him is not the best way to keep him safe. Lindsay is acting as an enabler, and Flack has done so a lot too in the past--whether he will here or is just washing his hands of the situation remains to be seen. Either way, neither of them are actually helping Danny
Dittos to that.

Last edited:
Pot Of Gold sounds like it might be a pretty good. “Erin go braugh”. Too bad Danny and Flack will not be in kilts. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pot of Gold sounds great. I'm so glad to see bits and pieces of continuity in this season, with Shane Casey and Reed.

About Danny and the locked/unlocked locker: I never thought it was locked in the first place. When he approached the lockers he never acted like or mentioned that there was a lock. I think he is either just that trusting (which would be Danny to a T) or just that distracted by the pain (which is also possible) and either left the locker unlocked by accident or it didn't have a lock. If it had been locked he wouldn't have hidden the fact that his badge had been stolen because he wouldn't be at fault. The only reason he didn't report it was because he knew he had not secured it correctly.

On Flack and Lindsay: I think Flack is getting fed up with Danny's screw ups and I sense a lecture coming at some point where Flack tells him to grow up and stop acting like some stupid kid. I hope he lays into Danny good because he needs to hear it and it coming from Flack may make a difference. As for Lindsay, from the tone of Danny's voice when she questioned him at the beginning of the show I think it has probably been a bone of contention between them since it happened. It is not Lindsay's responsibility to go running to Mac and tell him that Danny lost his shield. She is completely right to let it be his problem.

It is not Lindsay's responsibility to go running to Mac and tell him that Danny lost his shield. She is completely right to let it be his problem.
Normally, I'd agree, but Lindsay actually contributed to the situation (at least initially) by telling Danny to come home so they could figure something out instead of telling him to immediately report it. And since they're married now with a child, what happens re: Danny's job affects their entire family so Lindsay has a vested interest in trying to make sure that Danny remains in good standing with his job. Since Danny's behaving like a child, I'd say Lindsay needs to be more of a parent and tell him that he has until the end of the day to report it to Mac or she will do it for him. (Of course, the Shane Casey thing introduces a new wrinkle, so they willl both look ridiculous if they don't report it now.)

6.17 "Pot of Gold":
~ Mac's stepson Reed Garrett is back. He knows Cam, and he asks Mac to talk to him. He says Cam got in over his head - and he points out the scar on his neck from the Cabbie Killer that reminds Mac that Reed knows what can happen if you go too far. Mac promises to talk to Cam, but he knows he's taking a chance. The kid is going to have to prove that he isn't the killer.
Yay for Reed coming back. I wonder if he will have changed since the Cabbie killer experience, i.e., more maturity. He was a bit immature and pushy during that arc.

~ Mac meets a woman named Aubrey Hunter in a busy deli at the beginning of the episode. (Clearly Mädchen Amick's character.) They share a nice moment in the middle of the chaos. (To clarify, I mean that they don't know each other before they randomly end up in the same deli at the same time - it's not a planned date or anything.)
Well, that sounds promising if they are showing the relationsihp from ths start instead of trying to convince the audience that she's someone Mac's met previously and is already dating. As with the others (Jordan, Gillian), I'd guess she'll get three episodes to start and it'll all come down to whether there's onscreen chemistry and the audience responds favorably...

Normally, I'd agree, but Lindsay actually contributed to the situation (at least initially) by telling Danny to come home so they could figure something out instead of telling him to immediately report it.

When he called her to let her know what happened she was at the lab, according to the scenery behind her. She said come back, not come home. He had every opportunity to report it once he returned to the lab, even though IMO that was still too late.

And since they're married now with a child, what happens re: Danny's job affects their entire family so Lindsay has a vested interest in trying to make sure that Danny remains in good standing with his job. Since Danny's behaving like a child, I'd say Lindsay needs to be more of a parent and tell him that he has until the end of the day to report it to Mac or she will do it for him. (Of course, the Shane Casey thing introduces a new wrinkle, so they willl both look ridiculous if they don't report it now.)

He has to report it now. Shane Casey is too dangerous to play with. But I'm not sure about Lindsay reporting it for him.

I love that Reed is coming back. A huge YAY for continuity that in the preview tidbits Faylinn gave us he actually refers to his scar and shows it to Mac when talking to him. Finally a scar that doesn't disappear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back