CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

yeap, but if she doesn't cling and she is not being told what to do

how would we make fun of her? :D

I am sorry. I am looking for the positive side of this! :D

welcome aboard. If Mac and Stella cannot be togetehr for so many reasons i would like to know just ONE at least ;)

2. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I think there is simply no chemistry between Mac & Stella. I'm actually surprised there are so many people who wanna see them hook up together, because they just don't match as a couple. They are best friends, always there for each other and that's it. The chemistry between Flack & Angell was perfect, and I think with Mac & Stella it's exactly the opposite when it comes to a romantic relationship.

3. LensWideOpen

LensWideOpen Victim

The show already has a Lin - Dan married couple subject line working well in the show. :adore:

Mac needs an outside love interest to bring something new to the show.
    Maybe a nice educated District Attorney, or an intense lawyer type.
    I could really see Mac with someone like that. :luvlove:

Stella is a little more 'loose' in her professional and personal life then Mac.
    She slept with Adam on the spur of the moment.
    And Stella continually makes negative choices in her love life: Frankie...
    Stella shot a lover.
    I do wish the writers would begin to show Stella as more well thought and less reactive to her feelings, especially her attraction to the wrong types of men. I like Melina and I like Stella. :brickwall:

Mac is more well thought and a planner, even in his personal life.
    Mac wouldn't allow himself to be caught up in a relationship where his partner tied him up and was going to slaughter him in a bathtub.
    [Though the thought of ropes around Mac takes me off in another entirely different direction :devil: ]

Stella goes with her emotions and feelings at the moment; Mac doesn't. In real life, it wouldn't work after awhile, and it wouldn't work in the show unless major character adjustments were made for Stella or Mac.

In real life, the pairing wouldn't work.
    I'm glad the writers aren't trying to force something between Stella and Mac.
    They are exceptional friends.
    That is the great beauty of Stella and Mac, and something that most all women really truly long to have.
    Sure, we can find love at the drop of a hat, but a real male friend, like Mac Taylor?
    That is so much more valuable the a romantic love that can come and go.
    Most women want to turn a pair into something romantic because its what they would most desire in their own real life.
    But Mac and Stella are the best of friends, and that's most special.
    I'm thrilled the writers respect this about their roles and can now really play the deep friendship angle.
    I'm excited for Stella and Mac to see an even deeper friendship begin to form.
    And I'm thrilled for Mac, for new love.
    Mac needs love, too.

Last, Mac needs someone more styled, reserved, sauve and professional, like himself. [Blending is so important.]

I'd much rather discuss Mac bound with ropes :devil: then the clicks about why Mac and Stella don't blend all that well.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Hmm...three years? I thought Mac had a love interest almost every season (Jordan? Gillian?), who IIRC also were touted in similar news releases. :rolleyes:

I was expecting that this might be Stella's year to get a love interest and maybe even end up in a whirlwind engagement/marriage -- all as part of her spontaneity arc. And what happened to Hawkes' love interest? Is he the only regular character who hasn't been seen on as much as a date in five plus years (not counting the victiim he had coffee with in one episode)?

Oh well....I can onlly hope they try to do something different and more interesting this time. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the love interest turns out to be a potential victim or "person of interest" in a crime as opposed to a work colleague of some sort. Might be interesting to see Mac fall for someone with ambiguous and/or questionable motives and his team having to save him from himself for a change.

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

that, basically!

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Where are you guys getting that it's Peyton? :confused: There's a new actress cast, Madchen Amick, and the article is just making reference to the last love interest Mac had, which was Peyton.

ETA: Amen, JoeyDC! I am another one who sees zero romantic chemistry between Mac and Stella.

7. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

ah, ok that all makes sense!!! well, so long as things settle down and start making a bit more sense this season i think i'll finally be able to take a deep breath!! i mean, how many directions have we been potentially been led down so far?!! at this point my brain is spinning just a smidge :p right, so, as long as we've cleared up that *she* is not returning i'm going to jump on the YAY FOR MAC side!!!!! :D :D :D (after all, where else could i be anyway!! ;):D)

8. LensWideOpen

LensWideOpen Victim

I agree. As in most all shows where two leading characters are male and female it's a normal female human reaction to try and match the pair together.
    Most women mirror into drama shows what they desire in their own life.
    And that's not a slam, but just human fact.
    But they don't 'blend' like a deep soul mate couple.
    They don't resemble each other at all, which is important in real relationships.
    People need to visually 'see' a part of themself in their partner, whether they are aware of it, or not.
    And Stella and Mac don't - they do not blend visually.
    But this new love interest and Mac do resemble each other.
    I think the new pairing will work well.

9. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Of all the potential love interests Mac's had, I actually thought Gillian was the most similar in terms of status, personality, and temperament. But imo they had minimal spark/chemistry onscreen.

I think they probably need someone with a different type of personality (more outgoing and intense) to pull out the lighter, more expressive facets of Mac's character.

10. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

@Top41 HA! I'm not the only one who feels this way ;).

@LensWideOpen I agree to everything you wrote. I'm actually looking forward to see Mac getting involved with a new woman. I guess there's already enough Stella and Stella/Mac on the show, so I'm curious to see Mac interacting with someone outside of work.

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Jordan from S4 was really the only person I've ever actively hoped Mac would hook up with -- it's nice that he's getting love (again), but aside from the history with Claire, I'm not that interested in his romantic life. But I liked Jordan, and she seemed like a good foil for him. Gillian was a little too wimpy for my tastes, Peyton was just gag, Quinn....actually came in a close second behind Jordan. She was fairly awesome, but the fangirling of Mac was slightly on the weird side.

I saw Amick in a couple episodes of Gossip Girl, and while in principle her character's personality there was toxic, I guess I'm hoping she'll be playing a similar personality on CSI:NY. She was pretty good there, and it'd be nice to see Mac deal with someone who's not, well, him in female form.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I loved Quinn. I wish they'd brought her back and had her and Mac start something. I thought they actually had chemistry! I'm curious to see if Mac and this new character do.

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I did like her too. She was after Mac and we could see Jealous Stella at the same time she had connection with her and with everybody else

But this new character will be useful for sometime and then it will fade (hopefully)

I hope their scenes won't be vomitive or i will consider to watch The Young and the Restless permanently :D (actually i am watching it right now. Maybe i should do it more often :D )

14. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I have to agree with you there. I think that they are good friends and it should be left like that. I really hope that they never get together - but if it has to happen I hope that it'll wait to the series finale.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

i am sorry but i don't want to wait until my hair gets grey till i watch Mac and Stella together. I do accept the "impasse". It's annoying but there is nothing i can do to change it :D

So go ahead! and i really hope we will have a fun character because i wouldn't want Saint Mary to praise it all the time. I want someone i can make fun of :D (yeah, i am sorry but that's the evil shipper inside me)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.