CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

okay, so Shane Casey is Edward Furlong's character. Now I remember him. It didn't look like him in the mug shot they showed on the last episode which is why I didn't connect the dots. LOL!

Maybe Mac's new love interest will be the one to get kidnapped. :lol: I sure hope it's not a regular character. That would be beyond lame imo. Reed's already been kidnapped by the cabbie killer, so they shouldn't go there again. Or maybe they could bring back Sam and have her be the one to get kidnapped. Flack would go ballastic seeing as to how he just lost his girlfriend and would be afraid of losing his sis too.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Agreed; but that would basically stand if Danny were kidnapped too.

If they absolutely-must-no-way-around-it have to go with this storyline, then I'm casting my vote for Sam being the kidnapee too. (Or, depending on how they handle her character, Mac's new LI.) Because I'm not seeing how it wouldn't be lame if it was a main character, either. Between Nick, Sara, Calleigh, Eric, Ryan, Mac (twice)...the storyline's been beyond abused by the franchise. I'm almost offended on behalf of it, because there are some shows and movies which have done it well :lol:

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well,, I'm hoping no one is kidnapped, regular or recurring :p. But. One does wonder what device they'll set up to be the cliff hanger, especially if Furlong himself does not wind up actually making an appearance prior to the finale.

I guess in the mean time the whole badge issue will somehow either be dragged out a little more, or now finally brought to light, and the hunt/investigation into the matter will continue as an intermittant background story strung along to build the up to the denouement.

My initial response was that Danny could somehow be specifically targeted, first and foremost, because Casey is (apparently) the one who lifted his belongings from the locker, whereas no one else has been "stalked" or hunted or the like. Not yet anyways. That and a big deal has been made about all of it, and his not telling anyone. What Casey could use the badge for, who knows. (Or why he pawned the dog tags either).

Second is the fact that Danny played a substantial part in talking Casey in the last time.

All that said, Casey could target anyone on the team he felt like, seeing as he was always a bit cat and mouse, revelling in being able to manipulate and play people and the system, and going to rather elaborate lengths in his machinations. He also went after all those involved in that trial before, and not just Hawkes alone.

The whole matter may not wind up being as specific to Danny as one might be led to believe. Sure, yeah, I'm curious. But wary. It will be interesting to see how they string this along.

My dread, of course, was that if all it does centre more around Danny, that that will inevitably involve DL and DLL, being a newly married guy (even if he's sarcastically only entertained and happy looking at Lingerie Football stars after less than a year of being That Guy :p). (Or so. Whatever timeline the show currently functions on :lol:). Using DL/L would be an easy way to augment the Drama quotient, and I certainly wouldn't put that past the show.

I'd equally hate to have Sam come back, not for Flack family interaction and follow up, but just to be kidnapped. :shifty: :p.

I'm wary because the Shane Casey episodes were done so well the last time, that I'd hate to see that somehow mis-used just to ramp things up for the end this season - I just want any return to match the same standard, I guess.

I hope they manage another solid finale, more in the vein of what they achieved in Pay Up and Snow Day. It all has huge potential, I readily admit, but it still does somehow feel as though that in doing this, it will need to be especially innovative, deciding to retread and cache in a bit on their achievement last time with Casey, instead of writing up something altogether new. I'm guess I'm just not willing to let myself get too keen in my expectations :lol:. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised. Hoping for the best, we'll see.

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

A part of me is relieved that they're saving Shane Casey for the finale, because NY tends to bring out their A-game with the finales. Pay Up and Snow Day were great, but Charge of this Post would've been my favourite if not for those two. I just wonder how they're going to drag out the story till then.

5. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of "Snow Day," -- a major crisis situation with everyone (or almost everyone) being involved and having a chance to shine. Makes me wonder whether the use of the term "bang" in the previous article has any special meaning as in an explosion or shooting. If so, I'd guess they'd go with a bombing of some sort this time, especially since they just used the shooting scenario in the season 5 finale.

Neither would I, and at this point, that's exactly what I expect....For now, I'm sticking with the assumption that Danny is the intended target and since he's already been a "victim" of the events of last season's finale, I expect this seaon's victim to be someone else, presumably someone very close to him -- i.e, Lindsay and/or Lucy. It occurs to me also that (other than Sid), I think Lindsay is the only regular character who really hasn't been directly imperiled in any of the season finales -- so maybe it's finally her turn.;)

I can't see Mac's new girlfriend as the primary victim....doesn't seem the audience would be sufficiently invested enough in her at that point. But she could be one of several hostages, especially if some situation developed at her hospital.

I do agree that Shane Casey is one of the better recurring villains from CSI NY -- very smart but also somewhat unstable and unpredictable. And for that type of foe, hopefully the writers will come up with a more unusual and intriguing scenario. Indeed, we shall see.

That said, the expected cliffhanger aspect of the finale wearies me. :( I have been disappointed in the follow-up to the last couple of "cliffhangers" and do not look forward to another summer of speculation followed by an underwhelming resolution -- even more so if it ends in such as way that there are new questions regarding which actors/characters may or may not return (due to budget and/or contract issues).

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm annoyed...enough with the season-ending cliffhangers already, if you ask me. I'll repeat my previous pattern and not watch the finale until just before or after the second half, so I'm not nuts all summer.

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Dittos to that! Its always DANNY DANNY DANNY! And if it isnt Danny its Mac! Enough already! Someone needs to tell the new writers what the old writers have already written, remember Snow Day? kidnapped Danny? And of course practically this whole season has Danny something or another. Danny cant walk,Danny CAN walk, oh Danny can DANCE! See Danny dance . See DADDY dance with Lucy AWWW... No wait Danny can RUN! No wait Danny cant run. See Danny get massaged, wow Danny still has it. No wait no he doesnt. Oops! See Danny get his badge stolen AAACCCCHHHH!!! He overshadowed Flacks storyline so we could seem how awesome D/L has become and if you did not know it just wait untill next episode they will tell I'm sure just like every other episode.:rolleyes: So much could have been done with Flack and bringing back his sister meeting more family more with Jess family but no... Did you know there was a guy named Hawkes on CSINY? No Really! Been there since the first season REALLY!
    And here comes Mac whos been all out of Love or so they say and What now, another doctor? and didnt Reed already have one near death to the hospital Mac at his bedside moment? Put him in a straitjacket already, so he doesnt get hurt.

Then I read that A.J. Buckley has a new role on a spin off of supernatural! He will be the lead character of "Ghostfacers" so will Adam ever be coming back?:confused:

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

"Ghostfacers" will be a web series so Adam will still be around.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Plus, as of this point, the Ghostfacers thing will start out with 10 three-minute episodes - I doubt he'll have to take much time off from NY to film such short episodes, you know? I can't see AJ going anywhere at this point.

10. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

I don't know. I definitely get the sense of Danny in jeapardy (sorry, can't spell that word). There is definetly something involving him and Lindsay and maybe the baby coming our way. I got this feeling, you know !

But there is something fishy about the whole thing. Were not even at mid-season (are we ?). If they are leaking this now, they must want to create some kind of momemtum. Maybe they are looking for ideas. The way the writting's been going this season, that wouldn't surprise me.

On another note : i am looking formard to Carmine's episode tonight. I certainly hope that it's better than Melina's catastrophe from last year.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Carmine's episode isn't on this week. The President's State of the Union address is on.

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i pretty much agree with all of this! [/pointless]

13. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Well, let us know how it goes!
    Sadly here we have the State of the Union on from about 9 to 10:30 and then of coarse McDonnel's response. But then again Miami wasn't new this week either... so it's possible NY would have been a repeat anyway. Also tomorrow on Vegas it's Turn, Turn, Turn which is the episode from last year with Taylor Swift... so there was no new CSI episodes this week at all.

14. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

yeah well...i guess I'll really be excited next week. CTV's airing Flashpoint...DAH !!!

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Since this thread is over 1000 posts, I've consolidated the spoilers I have saved elsewhere into the opening post for a new discussion thread. :) Make sure to bring over any spoilers I may have missed! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.