Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade Runner

I'm on a bit of a sci-fi streak here, it would seem. It was very dark and atmospheric and very different from the standard action/sci-fi flick. I'm supposed to read some article describing all of the symbolism to 'fully appreciate' the film. I got a kick out of seeing Edward James Olmos as someone other than Bill Adama!

Stomp The Yard
Not really my kind of movie, but i was at my cousin, i really like the begining and ending of it, with all the dacning, the middle to me was kinda boring...

Epic Movie
I found this movie funny, it had me laughing, the parody of Charlie and the Chocolate Factoyr or of Cribs was probaly one of my faveorite parts.

The Dead Girl
This movie was plain weird, i dont really don't what to say about it, it's was weird, that's all i can think of...

Night At The Museum : One of the cutest movies I've seen in a long time. Ben Stiller is a night watchman at a museum where all the characters come to life at night due to an ancient tablet. Some of the things he has to deal with are Huns, battling cowboys and Romans and an obnoxious Capuchin monkey that keeps stealing his keys.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Went to go see this last night, and I absolutely loved it. It's exactly what you'd expect: craziness, slapstick, one-liners, and gun powder. If you liked one and two, you'll have a good time. Ignore the critics, apparently they wanted to see something like Perfect Storm, but if you're looking for some fun, humor, action, and of course Captain Jack Sparrow, then it's a must see.

Rating: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Yeah, I'm weird.)

Fear of clowns

I assumed this movie would be scary because it has clown in it and when i read the back of the movie case it sounded terrifying. But oh, when i watched it i did nothing but laugh. there was basically i crazy clown man trying to kill some woman he carried around an axe and he didnt wear a shirt, very strange but the acting was very fake. But hey if u wanna see it go for it!

Final Destination 3

This movie isn't as scary as people say it is. It's more gory and at sometimes just disgusting. It's a mystery though and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. I definatly reccommend seeing it.

I finally saw The Hills Have Eyes. At first I thought it was gonna be stupid but this movie actually freaked me out. I am still debating on whether to watch the 2nd. Im just not watching it alone:)

I had a bunch of movies to get through so I went on a movie bonanza this weekend before all hell breaks loose- I'm moving next weekend! :p Bleh. Packing, moving, etc... bleh!

Anyhoo, I watched:

The Island- much better than I thought, but still too long. Beautifully filmed though; the cinematography was lovely. Ewan's American accent needs some work, but hey- practice makes perfect! ;)

The Girl With the Pearl Earring- Kept me interested at first, but the payoff was just sort of... "What? That's IT? All the dramatic tension and mood music, and that's all that happens?" Usually I love the period pieces, but this one was just so-so. Still, it was better than Vanity Fair! :p

Saw 2- I was worried it was just going to try to out-gross the first one, but I actually found the story/mystery interesting, and while it had it's gross moments, they fit in pretty well. I liked it as much as the first one. I'll have to give number 3 a look-see sometime soon.

Thank You For Smoking- Good, but sort of underwhelming. I like these sorts of subdued type films, but this one was missing a certain something... I'm not sure what, though. Still, I was entertained and I thought all the performances were quite good.

And there you have it. I still have "Hostel" to watch, but it could be a while... ;)

Gia
I.. rarely watch movies like this. Not because I think the whole "model with disease" isn't interesting, but because it's the harsh reality of it all. I think Angelina Jolie did amazingly well in this movie, and to be honest- this is the only movie I've enjoyed her in. I understand that they had to get all the facts straight (But, after looking Gia up, I realized they made more than a few errors in the movie compared to herself in real life..) and they were quite.. graphic to say the least. I would say the part that confused me the most was at the ending (And I won't say what it was.. because of how graphic it actually was, IMO) and when she died, I did end up crying. She had no idea she even had HIV/AIDS until she couldn't help it. I still have no idea how she got it (But neither did the writers, nor Gia herself.) and that's the sad part.

Smokin Aces
not exactly what i was expecting. when i saw the previews i thought it would be funny but it really wasn't that funny. i still enjoyed it though. it was graphic, IMO, but i dig that sort of thing. i had figured out half of the twist at the end by the middle of the movie (who Sparazza really was) but the other part of it i completely wasn't expecting. yet another movie that makes you think about the corruption of the government and how far they are willing to go to please their own agenda.

Napoleon Dynamite.

I don't really know what to say about this film. :lol: I want to say that I found it silly, but I can't, because after about 30 minutes I started to find it rather funny. Jon Heder was very good playing Napoleon, who was quite eccentric. The dancing scene was well funny. :lol:

Good film for a bit of silliness. :D

^^^ Hmm, maybe that's the trick. I didn't make it past the 20 minute mark, so maybe if I'd waited a little longer, I would have actually found it funny! :lol:

Lemoney Snicket --Weird movie but not real bad just needed more of something to it.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End --Great Movie and Johnny Depp plays Sparrow so well. I saw it twice and second time was better.

Music & Lyrics

Hugh Grant & Drew Barrymore not a couple I would say could be a romantic couple but they seemed to work. And quite funny together as well. The movie is isn't the best in its genre but its not bad. So if you need a little fluff in your life I would say check it out. But I must warn people about the songs, if you hate 80's or pop music this movie isn't for you. Otherwise enjoy people. ;)

Waitress

A very cute and funny movie. The casting was great. I have never really seen Kerri Russell in anything but she was really great in this movie. Loved Nathan Fillion, as I always do. Andy Griffith in his role was perfect. Jenna having a pie for everything was pretty funny. Her husband was total scum. The end was great though...not what I expected and that is what I loved about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back