Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I took my two granddaughters to see Firehouse Dog & we loved it. It was really good but also sad at times.

2. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Dead Silence:
    As if I didn't hate dolls enough before.. I'm officially creeped out :lol: This'll definitely play with your head! There's some very creepy/scary moments.. but overall not too bad!

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Saw III

Actually, I thought it was a strange installment. The storeyline didn't go the way I thought it would've gone. I was expecting to be hiding under my pillow during the whole movie, but I was surprised to find that I wasn't as scared or as grossed out as I thought I would be. Maybe I've just gotten used to the Saw movies. :lol: I did, however, become very freaked out about one particular task and found it very disturbing. I had my hand over my face and was unable to keep still through squirming. :eek:

4. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Nothing new I watched recently.. me and my friends watched Harry Potter 4 again this week and we still think its sucks cause its soooo not like the book!

5. MORGANSTARR

MORGANSTARR Prime Suspect

:eek: my fave band do the soundtrack for this film :D

Aiden!

:lol:

kay the last film i watched AGAIN, was Open Season

I LOVEEEEE IT! :D

Gary Sinise is just the best in that film...:lol: i know it's a kiddie film but i dont care it makes me feel happy inside!
    i just love the part where he starts singing and my fave quote in the film is

"now you're bear is special,he should be somewhere inbetween...inbetween 2 slices of rhy(sp) smothered in Gravy!" :lol: :lol: it's just the little laugh he does afterwards :D :devil:

6. peanut

peanut Prime Suspect

^^MORGANSTARR, I know what you mean! I know it's a kid's film, but I love it also. My kids adore the movie, and Gary was too funny in it! It's really a great movie.

Lady in the Water:
    I got bored yesterday, so I PPVed this movie, and was glad I did! I absolutely loved it. I am a sucker for movies like this. It almost had a LoR feel to it, and I think that might be what sucked me into it. All of the actors did a superb job.

Possible spoiler (if you haven't seen it):

What I haven't figured out is why the Guardian only works out one side of his body? Is there some significance to that, or is it just a quirk of the character? Does anyone know?

7. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Sunshine

I saw this a few days after it came out here, and I loved it. Despite its marketing angle where it looks like a disaster movie ala Armageddon , this is actually different. It focuses on the characters instead of a bang-bang action scenes. But don't get me wrong, there's still some brilliant special effects, like the close-up image of sun and a view of the spaceship from the outside. The ending is a little messy though, where it kinda went a bit chaotic but I guess it leaves something open for discussion. I have to say that Cillian Murphy and Chris Evans are excellent and I recommend this movie for anyone who's up for a thriller in space.

8. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

Right At Your Door.

It was a film about terrorists and boming in LA. it starred Rory Cochrane, best known for his roles as the loveable and sexy CSI Tim "Speed" Speedle on CSI: Miami and Slater in the cult classic Dazed and Confused. it was a very moving and emotional film. i highly recomend it1!!!!!!

9. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Vacancy

Not that good but not that bad either. I just thought about all those goofy "horror" movies from the past, like Psycho. Anyway I just thought the storyline was not that good and basically they just run around in circles for an hour.

I want to go see The Invisible this weekend as that looks good.

10. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Disturbia:
    I loved this movie!! I thought it had just the right amount of creepiness to it. And Shia LaBeouf did an excellet job!

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I recently saw 'Wild Hogs', which admittedly I didn't really want to go and see. :lol:

To be honest it's not great. It has a great cast though, which gave it the potential to be good, but sadly it didn't work out that way. Whilst watching it I did wonder what demographic they were aiming for? Clearly not 20+ women, hence why it didn't work for me. I think it might appeal to 40+ men, but they aren't the ones who spend money at the cinema, so I can't imagine it doing that well. That said, my husband did laugh out loud a couple of times and seemed to find the whole experience enjoyable...

William H Macy was pretty good in it, and the guy from Scrubs was his usual humourous self. John Travolta? Just not happening for him I'm afraid, it just didn't work! If you've seen the trailer for it, then I have to say, the majority of the material in the trailer is shown in literally the first three minutes of the movie, I knew then that it was going to fall flat.

So, Wild Hogs? Unless you are a 40+ man who likes motorcycles and is going through a mid life crisis, don't even bother. :)

12. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

See No Evil

Well...it's been a good movie. Quite 'eww!' because of the thing with the eyes but that was something new. Haven't seen something before.

Tooth Fairy

Well...my friend and I almost died laughing at some scenes because it's been just idiotic. ^^ But it was okay.

The Ring Thing

A swiss parody of Lord of the RIngs...we died laughing! :D

Kronk's New Groove

Took some time to get well but then it was so awesome and funny. I love it!

13. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Smokin Aces:

If you like shoot them up movies with interesting characters then this is your movie. I thought it would be a little more stylize. And I thought there would be a bit more humor as well. But I was surprised how well Ryan Reynolds was able to pull off a more dramatic role. I loved him in Blade 3. And Jeremy Piven is a very underrated actor. Every time I seen him he gets better and better. (I mean who doesn't love him in Gross Pointe Blank)And he is good at accents.

I knew that the main charater was actually the fed from the beginning but I didn't see them making Buddy 'Ace' his son. Which I didn't see coming until they explained it to me. All because Prino needed a heart.

14. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

The last film i sawe was 'Night at the museum" It was hilarious, i went to see it with my mom, dad and little sister, I absolutly loved it. I encourage eveyrone who can to go see it, you will laugh your head off!

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

The last movie I saw was 'Grindhouse'...

Probably the most entertaining movie I have seen. It was so much fun. OMG the fake trailers! And Bruce Willis :lol:

The first movie was a cheesy zombie movie, and the second one was a mix between a chic flic and a car chase movie. I love all the fake ads, and trailers added...also the missing reels. It was like being at the drive-in in the 70's. Well, thats what I would imagine a drive-in in the 70's would be like, since I am only 23.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.