On Love Triangles (chock full of *MAJOR SPOILERS*)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Really good point about the scenes from LRC, paigeS. I hadn't thought about it, but that scene with Danny and Lindsay where he's whining about the pizza was probably shot in NY, while the others weren't (since they were interiors). That would explain why it felt so off. Danny was supposed to get upset and Lindsay was supposed to confront him, and I think that would have looked better. At least, it would have made it seem like she actually cared about his feelings, and he wouldn't have come off as such a doormat. Revisions aren't always for the better.

As for Lindsay coming back and finding Danny and Angell together--I agree, she probably wouldn't interfere. All though part of me wishes we'd see psycho Lindsay from the end of "Stealing Home" back (when she confronted the killer in jail, she seemed crazed--even the murderer thought so! :lol: ). Hey, maybe the secret behind her big secret is that she has multiple personality disorder and she's actually the one who shot all her friends...ah, I must stop this wishful thinking. :lol: ;)

If the Danny/Lindsay thing isn't being dropped, I'm sure we'll see plenty of jealous or upset Lindsay--gazing at Danny wistfully, upset when she sees him and Angell together, etc. If she's got any class at all, she won't say anything to him because as others have mentioned, she had ample opportunity to give it a shot, and she didn't. We know she likes him though--she told him she did, she agreed to the date in the first place, all of season 2, etc.--so who knows?

The Catherine/Warrick thing ended with a conversation, though--when Catherine told Warrick she was surprised by his marriage (if I'm remembering it correctly), so Danny/Lindsay could end that way, too. I have a feeling they'll play up the love triangle for a bit though.

2. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Which just might give Danny reason enough to confront her, and maybe all of us D/L fans will finally get what we all want!! ;)

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Let's see..she's ignored him since Love Run Cold, so I don't see why he'd want to confront her if he starts seeing Angell. He hasn't confronted her yet and if he moves on, why would he want to?

She started all of this by standing him up and pushing him away. Why should he wait until she gets her shit together? So they like each other, :rolleyes: that doesn't mean they'll get together.

Maybe if she explained why she was treating him the way she was, he wouldn't give up on her. If he and Angell hit if off, I'm all for that. It's nice to know that somebody has an interest in you and shows you how they feel.

IMO, if somebody stood me up, didn't explain why, didn't want to go to lunch (not once, but twice..City of the Dolls), told me they liked me "a lot" but needed to be alone, basically ignored me for months, ups and leaves to go back to Montana and only leaves me a note saying so, and then doesn't answer the phone when I call, I'd get the hint and move on. Whether I wanted to or not, I wouldn't wait around forever and he shouldn't either.

Even if she decides to explain it all to him when she comes back, it doesn't change what she did. How could you supposedly care about somebody that much and then treat them like that? :confused:

4. Top41

^Danny really can't be the one to confront her. He's been there, done that, and already looks like he's being too nice to her, given the shabby way she's treated him. Danny has every right to move on--and should, or else he really looks like too much of a doormat. If Lindsay pulls away after she comes back and finds Danny with Angell, that will probably be the end of the Danny/Lindsay stuff altogether.

If they are going to go with the triangle thing, I wouldn't put it past Lindsay to tell Danny how she feels about him even though he is in a new relationship. She's been established as fairly self-centered--accepting a date with someone you like and then standing them up with no explanation is a rotten thing to do, she's often obsessed with proving her own theories right and has competed with Danny during investigations, etc. I could see her saying something to Danny like, "I wish you'd waited" even though she gave him no indication that he had anything to wait for.

Hopefully Angell has fewer issues. :lol: Danny has enough for two people as it is, but at least he doesn't take his issues out on other people (with one exception--"The Dove Commission," and he apologized for doing so). Danny is a sweet character, and deserves someone who will treat him better than Lindsay has.

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Please don't let Angell have issues. He needs someone strong and not as emotional (like Flack) as he is, so they will balance each other out.

I'm really hoping they don't go with a triangle thing but why do I feel that's where we're all headed? :(

6. Top41

^It may or may not be. It's so hard to say at this point. Making it into a love triangle is the next step on the cliche ladder, and the Danny and Lindsay pairing has been nothing but one big cliche (country girl/city boy, fighting then flirting, "It's not you, it's me," etc.). So I'm not overly hopeful, but there's some hope. For one thing, Angell and Danny would be much hotter than Lindsay and Danny (who lack any form of heat whatsoever), so it could be that the writers are going for the relationship that would have more sparks. It's too early to tell, but being an optimist, I want to think on the bright side.

Of course, really, Flack should throw his hat in the ring. Make it a love quadrangle where all roads lead to Danny. :lol:

7. monroe

monroe Victim

sorry guys to drop in like this but where did you get that info about eps 14 15 and 16 etc ?? i checked all topics in this forum and i can't find anything :| are there vids with previews?? i'd like to get spoiled so if anyone could help i's be SOOO glad

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

monroe, check out the spoiler thread found here . It has all the spoiler info for all the episodes. I'm not sure which page the spoilers start for those episodes but you might wanna start with page 18.

9. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

She needs to realize that doing what she's doing is only going to cause her further emotional harm.

Maybe she's scared that is she lets Danny in that she'll loose him to.

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^It could also backfire on her. If she doesn't let him in she could lose him. He's not gonna wait around forever for her and if things go the way they originally planned, he'll move on with Angell. :p

11. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I just got my computer back, so I'm catching up on all the new threads. Time to weigh in on this one.

First: Everyone assumes there's been no D/L contact since there's been no onscreen contact. However, as we've seen in the past, some of the best storylines propel forward offscreen. Previously noted: Natalia sleeping with her ex. Also, Grissom and Sara love thing.

Second: We've all discussed spoilers before, then discover some of the minute spoiler details have been left on the cutting room floor when the episodes air. Let's wait and see what happens.

Third: As for Danny/Angell, let's just hope, as has been widely expressed, that TPTB are not merely utilizing Angell as a substitute. It's vastly known that I ship D/L, but it's a great disservice, and in extremely poor taste, to the actor and the character to have them fill space until another individual returns. Let's just hope they don't do to her what's been done to all of Horatio's love interests: they disappear from the show.

Lastly: I echo the sentiments of others here. Let's find some love for the other NY men. Hawkes, Adam, Flack, maybe even Sid (just don't show Sid's love scenes on-screen please). :lol:

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

While that may be true (although the two specific storylines mentioned aren't necessarily 'some of the best' if you ask me), it would make no sense for there to have been anything romantic offscreen for Danny and Lindsay. She pulled away, she said they should do their jobs--what would be the point of finding out that they've been dating or something like that? Either Lindsay doesn't want to be in a relationship, or she does. From what we've seen on the show, she doesn't, and to find out that 'oh yeah, she actually does, and they're secretly together!' would be ridiculous. :rolleyes:

13. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

^^ Fay, though the examples I provided were of the romantic nature, nothing in my post I feel suggested romantic contact between Danny and Lindsay. Though Danny and Lindsay are not currently working on the same cases, they were partners and shared an office for a year. I don't believe that as partners and friends they wouldn't call each other or not talk to each other when going out with the group. The suggestion that all contact has been cut off would be premature and presumptuous, at best.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

In a thread about a possible 'love triangle,' when I read the phrase "D/L contact," I think of it in the shippy sense, particularly when it's followed by mentions of two 'romantic' offscreen situations. That's not to say I couldn't be wrong, though. *shrug*

I'm sure all of these people interact with one another regularly or on a daily basis, but I don't understand why you'd feel the need to say that they would have some sort of contact with each other. Who said that all contact was cut off? :confused:

However, that being said, I have a hard time believing that they'd be at all chummy with each other offscreen. Talking, interacting, working together--yes. Chatting like nothing happened--probably not.

In either case, when they haven't shown anything onscreen, any opinion is pure speculation.

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Since Lindsay said she only wanted their contact to be office realted I don't really think it's being presumptuous to think all non-related work contact has been cut off. I'm sure that if they went out as a group, she wouldn't ignore him. She made it clear she had to work things out herself. When he told her he'd be there if she needed him, she kept on walking and never even aknowledging that he said anything.

But it's much more fun to speculate whether they change the scripts or not.