On Love Triangles (chock full of *MAJOR SPOILERS*)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 8, 2007.

1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Maybe Danny and Lindsay being away from each other will make Danny realize that he actually doesn't miss her that much at all and that she has treated him like shit. They may have cut the DA scene but they also cut the phone call scene that Danny was supposed to make to Lindsay.

2. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

One could only hope...

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the episode due to work, but one of the first things I asked my roommate in reference to the show was, "Was there a sexually charged scene between Angell and Danny?" When she told me that there hadn't been, I was relieved. It saved one character from totally hacking off whatever balls he has left and another from a potentially lethal role as a conflicted love interest. Plus I thought it would only encourage the soap opera like drama.

So quite frankly, I'm happy neither the call nor the 'sexually charged' scene stayed in the show. I'm glad TPTB paused, looked over what they had and thought, "Hm. This might not be such a good idea..."

3. HillHarperHOT

HillHarperHOT Prime Suspect

I think they were not planning on Anna coming back that fast, so they were going to follow another story line and that's why they took both parts out.

4. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

That's what worries me most of all. I've tried to stay away from all of this triangle nonsense, but what Lenkov said pissed me off. I like the idea of Danny/Angell, they certainly have chemistry, but I don't want them to forfeit the character of Jennifer for it. Chances are, if this goes ahead, Angell is going to be downgraded to being nothing more than an 'obstacle' for the Danny/Lindsay fauxmance. I don't want them to ruin at potentially awesome character just for that. For it to work, they would have to create separate Angell's so to speak; have part of her time devoted just to her being on the job, then another part that's devoted to the relationship, whilst still trying to develope her character in between. I highly doubt they'd be able pull that off because a) Angell doesn't get enough screentime to have a split focus and b) the writers don't seem to have been able to do the same for Lindsay (Seriously, what is she apart from Danny's 'love interest'? Everything she does revolves around that), and she's been around much longer and is part of the main cast, therefore gets more screentime.

I'm really not all that thrilled about the way this may be going. I know things can change, the scenes in 'Heart of Glass' certainly proved that, but I guess for now we're just left playing the waiting game. :(

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Oh hell. After last night's episode where Danny showed chemistry with both Angell and Peyton and after buying the S1 DVDs and watching him with Maka; and assuming that TPTB are bent on pairing him with someone, I say screw the triangle and just have one big ass chick fight with all female characters and whoever is left standing gets Danny. They can bring in Vince McMahon to emcee the whole smackdown. And when the last chick is standing in the ring victorious, Flack can run in and bash her with a chair until she's unconscious and finally claim Danny as his own. :lol:

I figured we'd both enjoy the Danny scenerio much better, I just wanted to clear up my thought process. ;)

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

They re-wrote a lot of that episode. I have to agree with SimplyBlue.

Me too. Also, some of the dialogue was left in but other characters said it. Like the "who's on first" line that Danny said. Angell was originally supposed to say it. When Danny was talking to Peyton about the girl in the tub, the dialogue was changed a bit, but he was supposed to say it to Angell when they were out on the street after Justin left. That scene was totally re-done. None of the dialogue was kept in.

I think it was for the best. I think they took at look at the Danny/Angell scene and then the scene where Danny calls Lindsay, they probably read stuff on here, and decided that it wasn't going to work. I'm glad they both got cut. Danny didn't seem to miss Lindsay at all. I know I don't miss her. It's obvious the show can go on without her. :p

7. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I'd say Danny's doing great without her... :D

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I wish they hadn't dropped the scene with Angell. :p But I am glad the phone call to Lindsay was dropped. Seriously, how pathetic does Danny need to be? Let's not go there.

Angell right now has pretty much no storyline, so I'd like to see something happen with her. I don't think a love triangle would necessarily be bad for her character--we don't know for sure that she wouldn't end up with Danny in the end (again, I reference the Dawson/Joey/Pacey love triangle in Dawson's Creek) and we'd probably find out more about her character through it. Not that I think that should be it to her character, but she seriously needs something to do and she and Danny do spark together.

I don't think it's bad that they cut the scene though--if the writers do want to go for something with Danny and Angell, they need to do it independent of the Lindsay stuff, and it's only been two episodes since Mary Sue Monroe left to hang with the cows in Montana. Maybe after they get back from Montana, things will go south and open up Danny for a relationship with Angell. If it's all smooth sailing for Danny and Lindsay when they return from Montana, there's no drama there. ;)

Of course, I'd love to see no triangle at all--Lindsay could fade into the background where she belongs and free up Danny for Angell or someone equally worthy.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I swear to God I read "she and Danny do spank each other." :eek: *rubs smut out of my eyes*

It sucks that the D/A scene was cut, but I still loved the scenes they had together. ;) I've seen several people who got into the idea of Danny/Angell after this episode and, I have to admit, I think that says a lot. :D