Medium

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by pilgrim, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yep I agree, but I am not sure I like PA's hair cut, she looked better in longer hair imo. -- I did not know this part.

Arquette Stunned by Weight Loss Request
    Patricia Arquette was outraged when she was asked to lose her baby weight for her role as psychic detective Allison Dubois in TV series Medium - because the character is a mother of three. The True Romance star, refused to slim for the motherly role, insisting the request simply didn't make sense. She says, "When I started Medium I'd gained a stone and a half from having my daughter Harlow. The producer said, 'Honey, you've got to lose some weight.' I felt like saying, 'I don't want to do this job then,' because, to be honest with you, I'm trying to make little changes in the world. If it made any sense for this part - if this part was a supermodel or anorexic - then okay. But DuBois is a mother of three in a long-term marriage. It doesn't make sense."

All I have to say is this, the person who made that request needs an eye check up. :)

2. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yeah I second that. I think she is just great the way she is. She looks normal and is pretty. Good lord not everyone has to be a size zero.

Good for her and I hope she sticks to her guns on this one because she has no reason to loose any weight.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I so agree Destiny they need to have their eyes checked.. she's so thin.. and has a great figure, they can bite me.. the crap celebtities have to endure.. :mad: crazy..should she look like Nicole Ritchie :( shame on them...

4. Desertwind

Once again Alison, was soo right on top, and having her "nitemares" about the "profiler" who was killing these serial killers.. creepy.. and her confrontation with him :eek: and I swear she never has a good nights sleep :cool:and her always understanding, wonderful husband and the cute kids.. such a good show..I can't believe this isn't among the top twenty.. maybe this week's will change that!!!

5. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I have to say that so far this season has still been as good as the past ones. I love the interaction between all of them. Allison and Joe are such a great couple and the kids actually seem normal. Most of the child actors seem so cheesy and staged but these kids are good.

6. CSI_Willows

CSI_Willows CSI Level Two

Medium is a great program! :D We're at the end of season 2 now in Holland ;) I love Patricia Arquette :D She's awesome! :)

7. Destiny

Spoiler From The Futon Critic

WHEN A MOTHER AND DAUGHTER ARE MURDERED, ALLISON AND ARIEL EXPERIENCE VISIONS OF THE CRIME, BUT FROM DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES -- After Allison and Ariel stumble upon the bodies of a dress shop owner and her daughter, they both begin dreaming about the crime, but from different perspectives, revealing two suspects.
    ALLISON IS TROUBLED BY VISIONS OF A BOY TRAPPED IN A WELL WHILE INVESTIGATING THE MYSTERIOUS DEATH OF A CONGRESSMAN -- While assisting DA. Devalos investigate the mysterious death of a well-respected congressman, Allison experiences puzzling visions of a little boy trapped in a well.

8. Destiny

Ask Ausiello *no Spoilers involved*:

Question: How come you never talk about Medium?

Ausiello: Couple reasons: first off, I don't watch it. And secondly, in the words of one set-side source, the show is a "complete cluster-frak." Apparently, script pages sometimes aren't finalized until hours before it's time to shoot them. As a result, no one knows in advance what is happening in any given scene, and, according to this source, it's straining both the show's budget and morale. Sounds like fun, eh?

SPOILER
    Allison's latest visions reveal an odd new friendship between two ghosts, and surprisingly one of the men rebuffs her attempts to determine the identity of his killer.

9. Desertwind

I just watched "Mothers Little Helper" riveting :eek: so now Ariel's got her mother's "magic" psychic powers, her dream sequence, shades of "Carrie" and the wedding shop where the mom and daughter were murdered, and the flashbacks, good acting on the girl who plays Ariel, and the cute dress scen in the beginning, "you can wear it to all the dances, then Bridget then Marie, and I'll be buried in it" cause it was so expensive for a 14 yr. old $148.00 :eek:, and once agin, I swear these people never get a full nights sleep, they must be constantly groggy.. but it was a good episode, but they didn't resolve it, and catch the killer :confused:

10. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yes the killer was the fiancee of the lady who left her dress at the shop after saying she wanted out of the marriage.

11. Desertwind

WOW. last nights.. creepy and so weird.. and Alison always knows..they were connected, the murders.. the pedophile, and his angry/lying sidekick protege.. and her finding what happened to the little boy.. and I swear these people NEVER sleep through the night :confused: I did notice the kids weren't in it this week.. loved hearing "Sympathy For The Devil" by the Stones throughout ;) again riveting!!!!

12. Desertwind

Just watched this, taped it last night, HMMM, this one was a cut below par!! except for Bridget, she's a strange little child, but the ep. was a bit boring, and I never say this, maybe because I'm a bit sad today!!! what did you other fans think?

13. Destiny

I liked it, I thought it was funny in a way because of the fact that Capt push was trying to make it look like allison was the one having the dreams not him, and then after freaking out it turns out he didn't dream it so much as proved that in a coma you do hear things which is what happened to him.

As to Bridgette she has her mothers gift, and it confuses her, like Allison said to Joe she doesn't want her daughter to grow up like she did with a parent saying what your seeing in you're head is just your imagination. I am not sure what made you view her as strange.

I like Capt Push he is so cool trying to be gruff when he is a softy at heart. :)

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Oh good grief, I totally missed that about him in a coma and being able to hear things. Well now this makes way more sense. I think I am in a fog because of this cold I have. I am so glad I have this board to come to. Thanks Destiny. ;)

15. Destiny

You're welcome it was discovered at the end of the ep when he went into the hospital to have his pacemaker fixed or tweaked and he thought it was his two nurses, it was after that that he took a sleeping pill and they were preparing to put him out when an explosion happened and they wheeled him out into the hallway and left him there. But as he was falling asleep he saw or rather remembered two guys talking and mentioned "over there he is some texas ranger but he's in a coma". then when he woke up Allison was there he told her all about it.

After that he had his surgery and the two guys were arrested, all still believing it was allison having the "dreams" instead of explaining it was Push remembering what he heard in a coma. :lol: I loved the look of relief when he realized that he didn't have the "Gift".