Medium

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by pilgrim, Apr 17, 2006.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

This topic may have been pruned but - anyone watch this show? I've only watched a few episodes but really like it. The husband, Joe, is a rocket scientist (who would've dared to use that as a profession). Patricia Arquette was great in Stigmata IMO and is great in this. I like the witty banter between her and Joe. Just a touch creepy but good. Not CSI but who can claim that rank.

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I use to watch it but I think it looks a lot as "The Dead Zone",don't you think so?

3. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

I loved the movie "Dead Zone" but haven't been able to get into the show. I probably should try - that and The 4400.

4. Macayla

Macayla Captain

I don't know ''the dead zone'' but I enjoy watching this show :) I think it's fantastic

5. debje

debje Pathologist

yep the show is fantastic but sometimes a litlle to weird :rolleyes:

6. Macayla

Macayla Captain

Too weird how?
    Sometimes when there's suddenly a ghost it scares the hell out of me for a sec :lol: How pathetic

7. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I love this show and have watched it since it started. I like the banter also as I think that is pretty normal stuff in a household. Just remember that this show is based on the real Alison DuBois. Her website is here http://www.allisondubois.com/

8. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

I used to watch Medium religiously last season. But when it went on off for a litt while, I got into Miami which airs on the same time so I kinda lost track of it.

Thanks for the link Missing Man, she does look like Patricia, no?

9. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Missing, thanks for the site. I knew it was based on a real person but not the details. And the husband is an aerospace engineer! Nobody could make that up.

Imagine one of them (the real Allison or Patricia) guest starring on CSI and Greg finding out how strong his powers are.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Watch it plus the repeats that are on sunday nights on the Lifetime channel. I have Directv so I have Both east and west coast channels, which means I can watch (at my time zone EST) Medium at 10:00, then 3 hrs later 1:00 watch CSI Miami. I switch off different weeks which one I watch.

Here is the NBC Bio on the show...

Allison DuBois (Arquette) is a strong-willed young mother of three, a devoted wife and law student who begins to suspect that she can talk to dead people, see the future in her dreams and read people's thoughts. Fearing for her mental health, she turns for support to her husband Joe (Jake Weber, "U-571"), an aerospace engineer, who slowly comes to believe that what his wife is telling him just might be true. The real challenge is convincing her boss, D.A. Devalos (Miguel Sandoval) -- and the other doubters in the criminal justice system -- that her psychic abilities can give them the upper hand when it comes to solving violent and horrifying crimes whose mysteries often reside with those who live beyond the grave.

Sofia Vassilieva and Maria Lark also star as Ariel and Bridgette, the two eldest DuBois children. This season, David Cubitt (“10.5”) becomes a series regular in the role of Detective Lee Scanlon.[/b]

I don't see it being that much like the "Dead Zone" or even "Ghost Whisper" while the concepts are similar the premise is different. "Dead Zone" Johnny has visions you can see, "Ghost Whisper" Melinda can see the dead right in front of her, In "Medium" Most of Allisons comes through dreams, with a touch throughout of seeing a ghost or having a vision, but alot is also based on the Dreaming and feeling.

11. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Thanks for the information, Destiny. Dish gives me a few options too. The Scanlon character is good, kids are well coached and act like kids in the scenes I've seen.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

No problem I have them on the website I am making (for several shows though not done), Also if you didn't see it you might like next weeks ep Scanlon's character is going to be the center of it. :)

13. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I love Medium. I've been watching since probably near the begining of Season 2 and haven't had chance to see season 1 yet. And i can't beleive that Jake was in U571 i love that film and i have it on DVD, but yeh now i remember his character. I think Allison is great and i love Joe as well, and Ariel is starting to have dreams like her mother and she's starting to talk to dead people as well. It's on tonight here in the UK after CSI; although on a different channel.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

One of my favs- Patricia Arquette great- ;) from a family of Arquettes-actors- and her husband- also good and the 3 little girls- very good little actresses- the stories are creepy and weird- and keep you riveted- :eek:these two people also NEVER get a complete good nights rest- with her "dreams" they must both use alot of under-eye concealer :lol:it was really good last night ;)

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

You have a really lovely signature Aiden_Burn, but as the board rules state ( Help Guide & Board Updates! - posted by Destiny) you can choose to have either a banner or text and not both. Could you please amend it accordingly? Many thanks. :)