Mac & Stella #6 = "I'm Glad You Stayed."

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by chaostheory08, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Well...I think as long as we're not "bashing" it's okay to discuss her...I mean it's what we've been doing so far, ya know...so hopefully it's okay! :D

2. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Obviously we're not gonna like Payless so I guess it's ok to express our dislike without getting too personal or bashing the actress if that makes sense. I can never like a woman who has taken Mac away from Stella :lol:.

I too loved the loved the look that Stella gave Rose when Rose pointed Mac out afterwards. You could tell she was jealous & also that she was mentally thinking, "WTF, my Mac helped you out?". I'm surprised Stella didn't flat out say that Mac was hers & also that Mac was just doing his job. Stella would have no problem kicking another woman's ass when it comes to her man :lol:.

3. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Yeah J.F. I'm with ya...even if I liked Claire Forlani (which I don't really)...I couldn't like her character cuz she stole Stel's man and that just isn't right! I mean come on, he CLEARLY belongs to Stella and sorry Peyton but the man's in love with Stella...if you haven't noticed that yet, trust me you will! :D It's only a matter of time!

Lol, so true hon! She's a woman who knows what she wants and what is hers and fights for it with all her heart! Which is just part of what makes her fabulous...and is one of the many reasons Mac is in love with her! ;)

4. mokis

mokis Prime Suspect

I like Claire Forlani and her movies so i won't talk bad about her but i don't like Payless 'cause she's 'the other woman' so... I'll stick always by Stella 'cause she deserves being with Mac.

Mac has to realize he's in love with Stella. Let's give him time... after all he's a man! :lol: :lol:

5. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Mok! I LOVE your new avie hon, that's gorgeous...where is the pic from?
    And yeah can't really like Payless...like you said, she's the other woman...stealing Stel's man...just not right! :p

Lol, yup...Mac is a man...lol, ALL man! :devil: Heehee, and yeah I guess he can take some extra time to realize he's in love with Stel, but still...he's been in love with her forever, it's about dang time he realizes it already! :lol:

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I was going to say, then, lol - that I find Claire (who happens to be a good actress, so it's unfortunate that they've done this) to be almost a character device rather than a real character.

It falls into what they tried to do with Sofia in the fifth season (another Brit - think Les Moonves has a grudge? lol) and luckily they've broken that, but the unfortunate thing about character device characters is that... they're there to upset a dynamic. But the good side of that, I suppose, is that they're only there to shake things up, and not really to make a lasting impact.

With Sofia, they brought her in to stir emotions, and then she became a background detective. While I'd prefer Vartann, and wish they'd give her a real story (now that she's a main), I am glad that she seems less like a plot point to a degree.

Opening the season with Mac in bed with this woman we've never seen? It screams: we know you don't even care about how they got together.

It's supposed to shock, clearly - and then sort of make you go, "And what about Stella?"

So... I can't see them keeping Peyton on permanently, and getting married Horatio-style, but I do see this being a running theme, and I hope that they portray Stella as being professional about it, even if she IS hurt.

7. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Hey Sar, since when are you SMACked? I feel like I don't even know you anymore, all with your keeping secrets. ;)

I'm not a huge NY fan, but were I to ship anyone seriously it would be Stell and Mac :D

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^You are right about that jorja. ;)

Also, the "Payless" nickname is ok to use and a couple of the others I've seen on here.

9. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^^^ I agree....that was probably the worst way to "meet" Peyton. Meanwhile, poor Stella is trying to cope with the fact that the man she probably loves so much is with another woman. As I metioned before I think we got a glimpse of Stella's dislike for Payless when Payless came onto the crime scene & she seemed pretty annoyed that Payless showed up. It would probably be a big turn-off for Mac to see Stella act resentful towards Payless even though deep down he probably realizes that Stella's loathe's Mac semi-new girlfriend. Stella just wants to make Mac happy so for the time being she'll pretend that she enjoys Payless & her company. However, rumour has it that Payless is temporary on the show so I think it's good news for all of us :D.

Hey it's great to see you here Ziggy :D. Hopefully you'll stick around and post some more 'cause Mac & Stella is the ship to ship haha.

10. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Yeah, Ziggy and Sarah, won't you join the fun more? :D .. I'll give you cookies.

the ship to ship?. Fo shizzle!

So she's only temp? Really? .. Thats great news hehe. Payless, You gotta go! We want our Smacked and we want it now!

J, I think they'd get a cat, they practically groom themselves, sometimes. :D

OTP forever, baby!

11. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Yeah I totally agree...that's how I see Payless as well, and I'm guessing how they meant her to viewed really. I mean if they were serious about bringing in a long term character for Mac to be with, they would have shown us how they met, and let us into the relationship a little more instead of just slapping us with that right off the bat. I mean I know they did the secret relationship thing with GSR on Vegas...but even there, there were hints and speculation the whole time...whereas with this there was nothing until that bed scene...and then it was like "Hello!"
    Besides I really do think Smacked is who the producers will put together...and not just cuz I really, really want them to...but that's how these main male/female lead character dynamics play out. TPTB have the two main characters who have awesome chemistry where they clearly have feelings for eachother...but things, other people (grrr!), work issues, etc...keep them apart for several seasons until TPTB feel they've given us enough angst and then they slowly start bringing them together like they always meant to!
    Yeah J.F. I totally agree! I think Stella was annoyed by Payless, but like you said I think she knows that if she's too obvious about her dislike it will be annoying to Mac (even though he has to know Stel won't like anyone he's dating!)...so she is more "making nice" for Mac's sake than for Payless's I'm sure!

Oh and I just checked imdb.com and the last episode Payless is credited in is the 4th episode of the season...she's in that one, and then her name isn't credited in the 5th or 6th episode. So either, they haven't finished posting all the credited names (although they seemed pretty complete!) or her last episode is indeed the 4th one! Let's hope it's the latter, for Stella's sake! :D

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I don't watch New York enough, but I'm definitely "SmaCked".

Right. And I found it interesting how it seemed that Gary Sinise was really wary of the storyline - Anthony Zuiker made it sound more like he wasn't sure if Mac should be this suddenly "amorous" character (aka. GS didn't want to go shirtless), but I have to wonder if, like Warrick, it wasn't more of a "Gee, I'm being thrown into a storyline that even I wasn't aware of - how do I play that".

Yeah, Peyton is much more of a "Tina" I guess when you look at it.

Unfortunately I do believe P. will get more screentime.

13. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Meaning...what? :confused: That you think Payless will get more screen time that Warrick's Tina? :p Or that Payless will get more screentime in the remaining eps that she's in? Or that Payless will be in more eps than just the 4 that we think she'll be in? :confused: Lol, not to give you the third degree or anything! :lol: Just curious :D Cuz I hope she's only in the 4 eps...I can handle her if she leaves! ;)

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

LOL. I meant that Peyton would get more screentime than Tina has. Tina was almost seen immediately as a mistake, and they've tried to bury her for the most part.

Peyton, it seems, is someone that for a few episodes at least, they're adding to the main roster.

I'm kind of hoping that Stella maintains her cool and that Peyton observes Mac spending too much time with her or something - either way, I'd prefer Peyton to come off as petty.

15. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

two days Im gone and I missed all the fluffy and angsty parts of SMacked...*growls*...

there's kid showing up thinking Stel's Claire right? and Peyton's only in a few eppies?(correct me if Im wrong please...) so what's he gonna do? say he thought she's claire because they look like a couple? with Peyton out of the pic? is this a possibility for SMacked? I darn hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.