Locker Room #13 - **Muffled Thud** - We're Busy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Locker Room # 13 - **Muffled Thud** We're Busy!

His "look" is evolving from season to season and I can deal with that - heck, I get haircuts and look different from year to year. The character changes I can't deal with so much. It's not just that he's growing up and maturing, because I can definitely see that. But there's also that weirdo "pussification" of his character (I can't think very clearly right now) that I *cannot* like. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would behanve that way.

The look I'm okay with two. Like you say, we all change how we look from year to year. I hope he lets his hair grow out a little longer, but if he wants to keep spraypainting his clothes on, I won't complain. :lol:

The "pussification" (great word! :lol: ) of his character is what I hate, too. If they want to go the Danny/Lindsay route, why not be consistent? He's never acted that way around her before, so why squish it all into one episode? It just felt off, like the character was being molded to fit the storyline and not the other way around, which is how it should be.

About the pussification (can we put it in the dictionary? :lol:)...
Maybe Danny was confident of his charm, and he was certain that Lindsay wanted to go out with him.
He said it was just a dinner, but if she refuses a dinner, there's something dark to hide.
And I think Danny is acting like this because he's curios about Lindsay's mistery.
He's a CSI after all, he's always looking for the truth, so maybe he tries hard on this thing because he wants Lindsay to tell her secrets.

Or maybe he just needs sex, and because he's always at the lab... :devil:

About the new look, I-love-it :D it's a little bit distractiong, but I can re-watch the episode later :p

If he really wanted to get laid, Nixon Suicide would have helped him out in a hot minute and he would never spare a second look at Lindsay ever again.

ROTFL :lol:
Who knows? Now he discovered the Suicide Girls, maybe he would left Montana alone, to suicide herself :p

Bad Nim...alright, I'm gonna sacrifice myself, sucide myself to the cause: Danny, come on, let's get laid... :devil:
*prepares the cherry syrup*

Springmoon said:
If he really wanted to get laid, Nixon Suicide would have helped him out in a hot minute and he would never spare a second look at Lindsay ever again.
That's exactly what I'd have loved to see last night! A nice one night stand with a dirty girl would certainly return a little spark to Danny's character and put a much needed spring in his step.

Brilliant word choice, springmoon! "Pusssification." :lol: That's exactly what's happening to Danny this season! I don't like it one little bit. He's totally average and boring. The unique, dynamic character we all love is being completely re-written this season into something different. At this rate, I may be changing my username to "MrsMonroe" by the end of the season because even that dull little troll of a character might prove more interesting. :lol:

I may be changing my username to "MrsMonroe"
MrsG, don't abandon our man now. He's taken multiple emotional hits this last season, which have been discussed ad nauseum, and I'm not going into them again. Those hits have forced him to become a man, maybe not the man we want him to be or he himself wants to be. The writers are taking him on an emotional journey (and Emmy voters love an emotional journey). We might not like what we see on an individual-episode basis, but at the end of the road we will probably love the finished product/character.

PS: Was it me or was he on some serious Prozac last night?

^ Emmy voters don't love an emotional journey. They love an emotional performance in the one or two particular episode(s) submitted by the network for their consideration. Carmine's ability to play dramatic extremes so well is what I believe makes him solidly deserving of an Emmy for his work on the show. However, the dilution his character has seen this season doesn't lend itself particularly well to award-winning performances.

Sure I understand that real people grow and develop emotionally, but Danny isn't real. He's a fantastic fiction and it'd be great if all the traits that make him a stand-out could left unchanged. And, yes, it does seem as if the character is on Prozac. He's mellow, mature and rational ... and now dull.

^Exactly. In real life, people grow and change (well, not all people, even IRL ;) ), but the beauty of fiction is that you aren't bound by the same rules. Would House be a fun character if he suddenly decided to grow up and start being nice to patients? No, he'd be boring, like every other doctor on every other medical drama on TV. What makes House so compelling is that he's an unapologetic ass much of the time.

Danny is interesting when he's falling apart emotionally, or just getting riled up about something. He's had plenty of emotional trauma recently (Aiden, Louie, Flack), and yet he's calmer than ever. I think someone must have put him on Prozac.

These LR threads used to move at warp speed, but there's just not as much to talk about with regards to Danny anymore. Cute guys are a dime a dozen--yeah, it's fun to look at Danny, but what really made him unique as a character was his personality, and it seems like that's being drained away bit by bit. And that really is disappointing.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
At this rate, I may be changing my username to "MrsMonroe" by the end of the season because even that dull little troll of a character might prove more interesting. :lol:

MrsG I've given up trying to figure out what she is doing in the show...I really can't remember having such an almost instant dis-like to a character anywhere than her! :lol:

MrsG don't you dare do that!!!

Yeah, Top imagine our beloved LR thread was actually on Page 2!! Danny used to be compelling and hysterical. NOw he's quite dull. I feel like maybe we should start a letter-writing campaign to CBS. "Bring Back Danny!" We cannot let him go down this road - I want the unprofessional outbursts again. I want the crying, stamping, unreasonable drama queen who was so endearing. I want the man whose bones I wanted to jump because you know that anyone that pissy must be good in the sack!

BRING BACK DANNY!!!

I may be changing my username to "MrsMonroe"

MrsG, if you do that, may I have first dibs on MrsGiovinazzo as a username? Pretty please with a banana, two nuts and lots of chocolate sauce on top?

Also, to have an avatar, I must have a web-based photo account. I don't know which one is better to use: photobucket or imageshack. If anyone could point me in the right direction, or provide a better alternative, please let me know. I really want Carmine under me. Oops, under my name. :rolleyes:

:lol: I have Photobucket, and I haven't had problems with it so far. ;)

Let me second (or is it fifth or sixth) the call for a return to the old Danny drama. :lol: Yeah, he wasn't always someone you wanted to work with, and he could be downright annoying at times, but he definitely made NY interesting. :p

By the way, I have an admission to make: for a good chunk of season 1, I despised Danny and Aiden both. I wouldn't have cared if either of them had left the show...when did my mind change? I have no clue. :lol:

You all know I'll never give up my beloved username. :lol: People know it. But for the love of God, season 3 Danny is gonna kill my crush. :(

PrettyEyes - I use photobucket and it's been just great. Gotta get some Danny underneath you! :devil:

Springmoon said:
Yeah, Top imagine our beloved LR thread was actually on Page 2!! Danny used to be compelling and hysterical. NOw he's quite dull. I feel like maybe we should start a letter-writing campaign to CBS. "Bring Back Danny!" We cannot let him go down this road - I want the unprofessional outbursts again. I want the crying, stamping, unreasonable drama queen who was so endearing. I want the man whose bones I wanted to jump because you know that anyone that pissy must be good in the sack!

BRING BACK DANNY!!!
EXACTLY!!! I think the reason the picture thread is moving at the speed of light, while the Locker Room is languishing is because there just isn't anything that compelling to be said of the character this season.

Dear CBS / CSI:NY Writers,

Two years ago you treated us to something special. A beautiful, golden CSI with a bod to die for and a fiery charisma that left us all longing to bang him. The character, the actor, didn't matter which. The passion was viewed interchangably. Danny would be a nightmare of a boyfriend. He was whiny, immature and hot-headed. But his passion and intensity wet panties worldwide on Wednesday nights.

Now it seems you've chosen to show us a more mature, wise, level-headed Danny. That's great and all. But hear this -- we can all get a piece of that at home. That's not the stuff fantasies are made of. When you make Danny resemble our boyfriends and husbands, dilute his passion and dull his responses, you kill our passion too. Hot guys are a dime a dozen. Danny was much more than that.

BRING BACK DANNY!

Sincerely,
Bored Fangirl

P.S.
Completely understandable if you don't care that our panties are drying out. However, unique, larger-than-life characters are what captivate an audience and that's something you should consider before taking Danny down the road to mediocrity.

I'm laughing and applauding at the same time, MrsG. :lol: Rock on, or dare I say, rock my world mama! :devil: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back