Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: wow alyssa this drawing is beautiful!!! I wish i could draw as well as you do but i'm not very talented :p

Today my mom was trying to act all cool and was like:’ Did you know that the guy that plays grissom is taking time off?'
and i am like” No. I only spend every freaking second on the CSI boards! And He has a name. And do you know why he isn’t on CSI? Ha!I do.So dont get all smart on me!"
and my mom slowly backed away.
:lol: haha .. oh wait i had the same conversation with my sister 2 days ago... i started screaming at her "don't tell ME anything about CSI!!!"
yeah okay ... i got a bit scary Oo

hehe yesterday i was soo on GSR at night.. after reading fanfiction for 4 hours, i started capping some pics while listening to my GSR playlist ... i made 2 wallpapers *is proud of herself* and a new icon for MSN to tease my Sandle shipping friends :D
at half past 3 o'clock in the morning my mum came in screaming that i had to go to bed ... -.-

theatresporter can you send me the pic of your banner ramgold ? (for me too is my otp lol )
alyssa very cute your drawing ;)
still 2 days for the gift U_U

Does anyone else ever notice that we never get to see the aftermath of any scene that we would so love to see the awkward conversation that they would have after a certain scene.
well, you see i think if we did, it would be considered OCC. awkward after-moments are characteristic for all the soap operas, Grey's Anatomy etc, while CSI cannot afford showing personal situations to that extent. that's why CSI has much more fanfics than any other show, especially than those who actually show these moments. there is much more space for fantasizing with CSI, b/c so much can be implied and so much is not shown.
Nevertheless, her mother still blamed us for getting her drunk, even though it was her brother who bought and brought the alcohol.
lol. my mom and my grandma often force me to drink wine for lunch, my dad buys me apple beer, and i'm not even going to tell you what my best friend wants me to do with all the drinks combined at a party, lol. and still, i'm considered a drinking-nun in here.
Oh, sorry - no. I meant, a new fic WOULD be good, but I wanted you to know that the old one was there.
veni, vidi, loved it.
And in reality, cheating is a very hard sub-plot to pull off without really taking time away from the cases.
definitely. you see TPTB actually try to make everyone happy by now. GSR is canon, so half of the audience is satisfied, while they make it very subtle, so the other half is happy it's not thrown into their faces. and may i say one thing? i think it's working, really, really working. with exception of some people who freak out about it, everybody's pretty much ok with what is going on. a break-up would indeed bring too much change in the relations between the Geeks, the atmosphere of the show, and it wouldn't resemble the pre-canon state anymore.
I am having issues with my spoiler free-ness.
STAY STRONG!
I did something tonight I haven't done since March 2006. I finished a sketch. It's my first attempt at Gil, so please be nice, but it has the benefit of also having Sara in it! I do hope you like! I'm leaving the link since the pic is WAY too big for board rules!
it's very pretty Alyssa, really awesome.

alright, i just realized one thing. i made my first REAL animated icon today which took me a while. i KNOW it's crappy like hell but it's my first, ok?

grissom-sings-udalo-sieyeah.gif

did anybody catch that the only thing he sung was "Give her anything"? lol. i wonder if he was thinking about his girlfriend at that moment :rolleyes:

Adzix that's a really great icon! I loved that scene of Grissom singing!

Isn't it great that he is so much of the "season one" Grissom again? Sara is doing him sooooo good! Ever since they are together he is so much happier and so much more cheerful.

Well, at the start of the season, he did seem like the Season One Grissom, cheerful, likes to joke around etc. But with his Burn out, in the last couple of episodes, he's been rather, distracted. And earlier, someone said that they were afraid of Grissom thinking that his Burn out is being caused by Sara because he hasn't had a burn out in six years, then when he starts dating Sara, he does. I agree with them, whoever said it, but I think Grissom is smart enough to know that Sara/relationships aren't responsible for it.

I liked Grissom at the start of the season, he looked a bit sad when Sara had to leave, he got her a veggie-burger. He smiled a lot too. I liked that, it wasn't a soap opera where the show was focused on relationships, it's all about the case, and then the little tid bits of Grissom and Sara on the side.

Adzix said:
Does anyone else ever notice that we never get to see the aftermath of any scene that we would so love to see the awkward conversation that they would have after a certain scene.
well, you see i think if we did, it would be considered OCC. awkward after-moments are characteristic for all the soap operas, Grey's Anatomy etc, while CSI cannot afford showing personal situations to that extent. that's why CSI has much more fanfics than any other show, especially than those who actually show these moments. there is much more space for fantasizing with CSI, b/c so much can be implied and so much is not shown.

Really? I didn't think it would be much of a soap opera. True, that is where great fanfics come from. *laughs at a certain fanfic I read a while ago* Maybe if they put TOO many awkward moments it would be more of a soap opera? I don't want that. I mean, like a little awkward moment that only us that over-analyze everything would notice then have a HUGE discussion over.

Cause that's how we roll, yo.

:lol: Okay, I will never say that again.

well the whole burn out thing might be because of Sara, not in a bad sense though. I think Sara taught Grissom how to feel and because of her he started to have empathy for others. He starts getting attached to other people and that is her 'good' influence. But for a man who's not used to have feelings for others and to care for other people all the things that happened in the last episodes were probably a bit too much.

Exactly, yeah. I mean, they did a few this season, like the "reactions" to Ecklie or even at the very end of last season before the reveal, like Sara's WTF face to Grissom's "mouth to mouth" or their eyesexage.

But I think those were more meant to be at times when it was like, "We'll spend this time showing after moments when it can be done within the lab setting".

In terms of full-on, "Hey, Grissom - you meowed in bed last night - what was that?" afterness... or after-glow itself... or even perhaps his coming back to her after a month... I wouldn't necessarily lay bets.

veni, vidi, loved it.

lmao. Caesar.

definitely. you see TPTB actually try to make everyone happy by now. GSR is canon, so half of the audience is satisfied, while they make it very subtle, so the other half is happy it's not thrown into their faces. and may i say one thing? i think it's working, really, really working. with exception of some people who freak out about it, everybody's pretty much ok with what is going on. a break-up would indeed bring too much change in the relations between the Geeks, the atmosphere of the show, and it wouldn't resemble the pre-canon state anymore.

Agreed. It's obvious that not only has the handling of GSR this season driven viewers off, but I think some of the more hesitant people may have even come back, looking at the ratings. They ended last year with a higher number than the premiere, which says that clearly people aren't that repulsed.

And there could be a million factors for why people actually tuned in, but I think it could be accurately stated that they're not specifically now tuning out because of what they saw in regards to GSR.

well the whole burn out thing might be because of Sara, not in a bad sense though. I think Sara taught Grissom how to feel and because of her he started to have empathy for others. He starts getting attached to other people and that is her 'good' influence. But for a man who's not used to have feelings for others and to care for other people all the things that happened in the last episodes were probably a bit too much.

I think that's very possible. Grissom spent a lot of time shoving down his emotions, so being with Sara could've opened the floodgate a bit more. I think that between him singing, and all of the little cute things he did for her at the beginning of the season suggested that Grissom was in more of a Season 1 mood all of a sudden.

But with that comes the fact that he can't completely shut himself down anymore, so it gets easier to be wrapped up. I think the doctor sleeping with his patient in Happenstance, the priest sleeping with the woman he loved...

They were both examples of men who'd said "to hell with it" to their jobs to be with women. And both of them ended badly. Then you had the pedophile, so there went the thought of a family or children.

And finally the serial killer - which attacks Grissom's secuirty in terms of his mind - he can't finish a puzzle (as referenced by Happenstance as well).

So I think Sara might be a part of his burnout, but not its cause. If that makes sense.

hey guys his burnout=its called sin. It is just coincidentle that they are going out. But hey, you can have your own concusions. I just don't want those anti-GSR people who are bashing us to be proven right. Anyway------- Yay! I have another drawing buddy! Alyssa, your drawing is beautiful. If I tried to draw Grissom, well, let's just he would have hole in the middle of his face where I had erased so many times.LOL. Hey come join the GSR club over at TV.com okay. We get of topic sometimes but it's home none the less.;)

I really don't agree with the anits, really. They say Sara is the reason for the burn out meaning that she is making him feel bad. I think if she is a reason for the burn out then because she taught him to feel. The problem is that Grissom never was used to feel anything and now he is feeling more than he can take.

I voted "cautiously optimistic" because ever since a certain episode (Gum Drops anyone?) I feel that I shouldn't be the eternal optimist I use to be anymore...

but since I am still always an optimist, I remain cautiously optimistic for that episode.

After all, it's only half of the season and there is so much that could happen in the episodes after LLV

I voted cautiously optimisti c as well.

In regards to Gum Drops, I have to say I was rather surprised by the number of people who thought that the hotel scene might still stay, even with WP unable to shoot.

In the case of Leaving Las Vegas, we do definitely know that WP is there, even if it can't be for the usual amount of his screentime this season. But I understand how losing Gum Drops probably killed a lot of the optimism that people had for GSR. And there's no harm in being cautious. I'm cautiously optimistic, however, because we did get GSR in the promo, and the majority of it was Grissom and Sara (even though it was rather short). I think if they're purposefully showing her reaction more than anyone else's, that whether angsty or fluffy, our scene will definitely be important.

i voted for the second option Cautiously optimistic cause say krystie because ever since a certain episode (Gum Drops) and lates nothing :( only i am a little optimistics cause rambo say in a interview :S

well the fact that we all were so optimistic about Gum Drops was that Grissom was in the Promo... and that someone had told us that he had finished filming his scenes before leaving...

and that is as well why I am worried about LLV, the promo for Gum Drops was misleading and so might be the promo for LLV. Although I strongly believe there will be some kind of GSR scene. TPTB just owe us to give us a great scene before he leaves for so long!!!!!!!! but I don't really think it will be the "I miss you scene" since to me it all looks pretty cut and thrown together... but hey, in 29 hours we'll get to know!!

clap.gif
good job Alyssa on the drawing.. you've sure got his sweet dimple down to a tea :p, how talented of you ;)if I drew them, they'd come out looking like smiley faces :(

and on the poll, I'm "optimistic" have to stay positive, like I said before, 4 week's wiill fly by, and they'll be together again, and I think he's already told her, tomorrow, maybe some unanswered questions :eek:and then "the screen goes black" :(

still_705_04.jpg

still_705_05.jpg

"DOUBLE CROSS" ep. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back