Grade 'Some Buried Bones'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 7, 2007.

1. csiviper

csiviper Witness

Mac like always has a kind of sexy mystery to him, the sotryline was great.

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Quick question- I know CBS has episodes on their site sometimes, does anyone know if this one is up there? My DVD recorder was being a boob last night.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^It should be. They usually put the episode on innertube the next day after it airs.

4. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

A

I love the Mac/Reed scenes. Made me sniffle in the end :( The cases were intriguing as well --- the hedge, the secret society, Reed's involvement, Nelly Furtado giving Sydney Bristow a run with her costumes :D

Oh Adam, Imelda Marcos is very much alive! I think she's running again in our upcoming May elections :rolleyes:

5. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

The whole Mac's wife & no body is a real thing. There are many victims of 911 who had to be mourned and let go with no closure of a burial.

6. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Thanks. I found it on their site, but b/c I'm in Canada, it says I can't watch it as it's "not available for viewing outside of the US" :(
    Ah well, here's hoping for a rerun sometime soon :)

7. Eriss

Eriss Hit and Run

really good episode. both cases were interesting and Mac/Reed scenes were great
    in my opinion: A :)

8. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Wow haven't been in here for quite some time. Loved the ep. Loved how Steela was reaching out to the lady letting her know she was there if she needed her.Loved the Mac/Reed scenes myself. Mac saying they never found Claires body makes me wonder if she just might pop up down the road sometime?

9. SharonToggle

SharonToggle Victim

I have to admit, my first thought upon hearing that they'd never found Claire's body was, "Oh god, please don't pull a Ray Caine on us." Though in Miami's case it worked, kind of (I would have liked to see more Caine brothers interaction before Ray got shipped off to his death, er, I mean, Brazil , but that's a rant for a different day). I do think, however, that the producers aren't quite gutsy enough to stomach the outcry if she does turn out to be alive. Imagine all the 9-11 families and groups that would be pissed if this very real tragedy got turned into a cheap plot twist on a very fictional television show.

I, for one, will definitely stop watching if Claire does turn out to be alive.

10. KimAZ

KimAZ Prime Suspect

I liked this ep...esp. the maze case. I don't know why but the cases involving creepy secret societies, mobsters and pyschopathic serial killers (a la the t-shirt guy) i always enjoy.

And was it just me or was Mac looking like a total gangster in that black shirt and gray jacket?

11. mercy

mercy Lab Technician

I really enjoyed this ep!

Some of the highlights for me involve the Adam scenes! It is great to see him with more screen time. I don't want him to try to go full-CSI, but more screen time and in-lab exploring tidbits of his backstory is ideal!

The Mac and Reed moments were also great. When Reed said the whole "told him I was family" thing, it felt like it was a transitional moment for them on the show. It just seemed right. When Reed hugged Mac, my heart went out to the characters. I can't even imagine how heavy a burden it must be to not have a formal grave for your loved one. That ending scene of Mac a ground zero in Blink always gets me.

I missed Lindsay in this ep, I like eps when the whole team is involved in various aspects.

This episode had a lot of great quips and quotes throughout!

12. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I agree. The fact that both woman experienced domestic abuse is important, not the length of the abuse if that makes sense. Stella saw herself in Ava & she just wanted to make sure Ava had someone to go to, unlike Stella really. She just wants to make sure it doesn't happen to Ava or anyone else & I don't blame her. It's nice to see she has a heart. Anyway, that moment was sweet & I almost thought for a second that Ava was gonna drop the card. Maybe there will be some continuation(sp).

Anyhoo, this episode was one of the better ones in the long time. I actually thought the B case was much more interesting as it brought out a side of Mac that we don't often see. Plus, the A case was obvious from the get go. It would make no sense to have Ava the killer, especially since the security guard died seconds after Ava entered the dressing room. Again the final moment between Stella & Ava was nice.

Is it just me or was that secret society freaky as hell :lol:? Flack was awesome as always & I loved the scene where Mac asked that guy if Mac wanted him to call his dad :lol:. I also liked the scene between Mac & Reed at the end. It was touching & as I metioned earlier, it showcased a side of Mac not easily shown. He proved that he's human when he struggled with talking about Claire. I don't think he'll love another woman the same. I just hope this brings Reed & Mac closer as Mac & Reed need each other.

Oh, and I loved it when those two compacts(???) dropped out & Stella went, "Congratulations, it's twins!" :lol:

I gave this episode an A.

*eta* How can I forget to metion Adam. I love this guy even more after this episode. I loved how he gets so worked up about something but yet Danny or Stella is always there to calm him down :lol:. Maybe we'll learn more about his bully of his dad now...

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A-

Great script, great cases, and excellent acting, save for Nelly Furtado. Adore her music, but she needs to not act. Maybe she was in this episode so we wouldn't miss Anna's bad acting too much. :lol: Speaking of Lindsay, loved the absence of her in this episode. The team felt cohesive again.

I loved the Kings and Shadows case, and I've decided I just adore Reed. I love his interactions with Mac--it's great to see a softer side to him, and Gary's so good at conveying Mac's awkwardness in their scenes.

The moment when Adam scanned Danny's ass with that credit card reader cracked me up. I think Danny has yet another admirer--is there anyone not totally smitten with Danny? :lol: It was nice to see that there's more to Adam than comic relief, though, and I thought AJ Buckley handled Adam's revelation quite well.

14. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

I haven't seen this yet but had to put in my two-bob's worth LOL!

Spot on ladies. As a worker in the field of domestic violence I get very uncomfortable when one persons's experience is minimised because it wasn't as ongoing as another persons. And it IS true that women who have experienced DV do feel that they share a common bond with other women who've experienced it. The only person who fully understands is another person who's been through it.

And it's thoroughly plausible for Stella to be empathising with Nelly's character and trying to assist her. That's another common thing. I've seen clients who after suffering 'only' an acute, short but no-less terrifying ideal, go on to study so they can find work and help women who are experiencing the same thing.

Another observation ... the comment about Frankie being hot and it's a shame he was dead etc. WTF????? Yeah he was a sick, violent, obsessive, murdering stalker, but so what 'coz he's hot??? :eek: Sorry, but something needs readjusting there.

End of soap-box rant.

So back OT - I'm really looking forward to seeing this episode. It sounds like it's all good.

And lets face it, the more Adam the better ;) Particularly if he's interacting with Danny. Those two are a cack together.

15. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

It was definitely a good one, though it doesn't rank as high as other episodes I've liked better. I'd say B+ but the vote is subjected to change seeing as it was midnight when I watched it so my attention wasn't probably 100% on it.

Anyway, I love, love, LOVE the kid who plays Reed. I was looking forward to watching him again and man, his scenes with Mac were the highlights of this episode for me. Please make this kid a regualr so Mac can take care of him. :)

Wasn't really impressed with the A case and Nelly Furtado's acting but I have to say she probably did a better job than Christina Aguilera. Melina, on the other hand, was superb as usual. My love for Stella keeps growing...

I'm glad to see both Adam and Sid's screen time is slowly increasing, these guys are two gems we need to keep around for as long as possible. And speaking about characters uh, *looks around* I didn't miss Lindsay at all.

Least but not last, and on a totally shallow note, Danny's hair is growing back! :lol: