Grade 'Some Buried Bones'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 7, 2007.

1. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ See, I thought what Stella did was right. She was a person of domestic abuse & she just wanted to see that Ava got the help that Stella didn't receive. If I was in Stella's situation I would do my best to make sure that no other woman falls victim to the hands of a messed up man. She offered her card so that she could assist Ava in case anything bad came up. I applaud her actions for stepping forward & wanting to help someone else out. It's good to see she's a CSI with a heart who wants to make a slight difference in a person's life with a slip of her card. She doesn't need a P.H.D in something to help one out, just a sense of mind & good intentions with a good heart. I love seeing her reach out to someone & I'm glad she doesn't fear helping out someone who committed(sp) a crime. Good for her for doing that :).

Speaking of Nelly Furtado, I get to catch her live in concert next month:D! When I hear "Maneater" & "All Good Things (Come To An End)" I'm gonna think of this episode :lol:.

2. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

I agree with you on what Stella did for Ava. As not only a survivor of an abusive relationship, but as a human services worker. She was doing her job by giving her either her business card or referring Ava to someone else, perhaps a liscenced counselor to guide her in the right direction. I have victims of domestic abuse walk through my office door every day, so just because I am an officer, and not a counselor am I not supposed to help them, and guide them somewhere they can receive help? I don't think so. I didn't think that Stella was trying to be a counselor, per se, but being empathetic to Ava and her situation and giving her hope and help- which is what she needs.

3. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

Agree with ThumpyG. Simply telling Ava to mention the abuse to the judge and handing over a business card so Ava has somewhere to go actually GET some counselling does not a counsellor make. And I did take that card as being a referral to another service, not Stella's own business card.

Either way, it would be remiss of Stella NOT to refer Ava on to the appropriate service.

Counsellors don't give advice. Well, they aren't supposed to anyway LOL! That is not their job.

Thumbs up to Stella - she did the right thing, imho. [​IMG]

4. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

At first I wasn't sure if I liked the ending part between Nelly/Stella, it almost seemed too pat & trite. Then I realized it was because the entire scene seemed a little rushed, not because of anything that passed between Stella and Nelly's character. I agree, I think Stella did the right thing by bringing the subject up and recommending she get help. I would expect the same actions/advice from anyone in Stella's position, not just because Stella has experience with abuse - but I wouldn't be surprised if that fact did indeed spur Stella into action, making sure she talked about it and tried her best to ensure Nelly's character seriously considered doing something about it.

5. csiviper

csiviper Witness

The episode was great, Im hoping the next episode is better.

6. Cova

Cova Witness

I give this episode an A-.

I liked it quite a bit, the Kings and Shadows case was nifty and I couldn't help but thinking of the movie The Skulls that Hill Harper was also in while watching. :lol: The way Mac and Flack handeled the little punk was priceless. When will they learn that Mac is not one to be trifled with? :p

The shoplifting case was pretty cool too, I got a big laugh outta Danny about 5th Avenue being haunted when he and Stella were watching the footage from the cameras. :lol: Nelly's performance was good though to be honest I don't think they gave her very much to work with, is it just me or did she have few lines in this episode? :confused: Sure was a helluva twist towards the end that's for sure.

The scene with Reed and Mac touched my heart I thought it was very sweet, great actor they picked for Reed, kid does a good job. *Golf clap* I'd like to say I also highly doubt they'd bring Clair back from the dead, as some other posters stated earlier they never found everyone on 9/11 who was in the WTC. :(

7. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

Another "catching up with Netflix" review... (I just wish I had more time than I do to be catching up lately. Too much real life getting in the way!)

Both story lines were good, but I think I enjoyed this episode even more for the peripheral stuff that happened along the way.

I liked the parts with Adam in this episode. He's funny -- I think that worked well with Greg on CSI and think they've put Adam in that position of adding a funny touch when things seem too serious. But it was really nice that they gave him more depth in this episode with him mentioning that his dad was a bully. His expressions and body language spoke even more to what his dad was like than even his words did, and I hope they continue to develop his character more.

I was glad to see Reed back in this episode. He seemed a little unsure at telling Mac that he told them he was family to get in, but relieved when Mac just nodded at that. And it was very touching at the end when he asked about his mother's grave. Mac's revelation that Claire hadn't been burried because none of her remains had been identified was really poignant. I'm glad that the show is respectful and realistic about things like this; there are so many families whose loved ones were never identified. And it was really wonderful that, despite how awkward Reed seems around Mac sometimes, that he reached out to hug Mac and offer comfort to him even while he was hurting over the loss of his own friend in the episode.

A few little twinky comments about the episode...

I was a little bit disappointed that they treated the whole automatic 4.0 if roommate dies urban legend as fact. From what I've read in the past (and just checked again on Snopes) no university actually has that law. In fact, I actually found this episode listed on Snopes as a sighting of this urban legend.

I noticed that all the really tight shirts on the show seemed to be green this week. Both Danny and the shoplifter had tight green shirts. I have no idea why I noticed that :rolleyes:, except perhaps because I noticed part way through that I think Danny had one change of clothing (which normally signifies a different day) when Stella didn't. I never did have a chance to go back and check that, though, and we've returned the disc. Heh, but I'm not complaining about Danny's tight shirt, mind you. ;)

And this episode title seems a little more of an obscure reference to the episodes than most. Again, not a complaint, just an observation.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I loved the Mac and Reed interaction in the episode--I think Kyle Gallner is awesome as Reed, and he and Sinise have great chemistry on screen together. It's obviously awkward for both characters, but I like how they're both trying to reach out to each other, and it's not just Mac making overtures, or just Reed. Their interaction is very real to me.

I liked the tidbit Adam revealed--it says a lot about his character. I love how he really developed over the third season. He's such a fun, interesting character to watch, and A.J. Buckley is great.

Danny's clothes look painted on in some of these episodes. :lol: