Grade 'Some Buried Bones'

I had always assumed that she worked at the Trade Center. I never thought she was a cop. *shrugs* I'm sure we're going to find out eventually, I'd think that Reed would want to know what his mom did for a living.

I'd never heard of Nelly Furtado until the spoilers for this ep came out, but I found her very unconvincing in the interrogation scene with Stella. I don't know if her lack of eye contact was a symtpom of the abuse she'd suffered - not being able to look directly at the authority figure - or if she was just reading her lines off an autocue or something, but I found it very distracting.

As soon as Adam pointed out the bit on the video as being a sign of abuse, I knew this was going to end up a 'Stella bonds with an abused woman' scenario. Granted, I thought the shoplifter was going to be the one playing the abused victim card.

It did bother me though that Stella was all "Oh you were abused, make sure to bring it up so the judge will be lenient"
Why should a judge be lenient? The woman is a thief, a criminal. Why should she get leniency just because she's been beaten up? So she's good at what she does, and her abusive husband said she'd never amount to anything. She's still a common criminal. Now if she'd come to New York and made a success of an honest living, then I'd be cheering for her, but she didn't. She's a criminal, and having a shitty background doesn't make up for that fact.

^I see what you're saying, and I do agree in part. When it comes to murder or rape, I really don't buy the whole "the vicious killer/rapist was abused or mistreated by a parent/spouse/angry housecat." Once you've killed or raped someone, I don't really care what the mitigating circumstances are. But I do understand mistreatment as mitigating circumstances up to a point though--theft is wrong, but it's not like Ava was out beating little children. I think she needs therapy and counseling in addition to doing time for her crimes.

Carrieattheprom, I always assumed Claire worked at the WTC, too.

MichelleK said:
Id love to scan Danny's ass! Ooh I can't wait to see this episode!! No Lindsay and lots of Danny and Adam cuteness!! Adam thinks Danny's hot - I know it!

Adam's obvious crush on Danny (the stuttering around him, sniffing his phone, scanning his ass) is beyond adorable. :lol:

That's true love for Adam - kinda bordering on stalker, but whatever I'll buy it. Danny has a few of the lab in quite a state when he's around them!
Adam loves Danny forever!! Hehe!!

Ceindreadh said:
It did bother me though that Stella was all "Oh you were abused, make sure to bring it up so the judge will be lenient"
Why should a judge be lenient? The woman is a thief, a criminal. Why should she get leniency just because she's been beaten up? So she's good at what she does, and her abusive husband said she'd never amount to anything. She's still a common criminal. Now if she'd come to New York and made a success of an honest living, then I'd be cheering for her, but she didn't. She's a criminal, and having a shitty background doesn't make up for that fact.

I want to address this real quick. Ava is indeed a criminal, she shoplifted high-end items and she was excellent at it, no doubt. As a result of her actions, she should be sanctioned. This is not up for dispute. When Stella mentioned to Ava that the judge might be leinent, perhaps she should have worded it differently, because there is a misconception that Ava wouldn't be sanctioned properly for her crimes. Ava needs help, she needs counseling and she also needs to 'do the time' for the crime, whatever that may be.

I actually was cheering for Stella with Ava, and her giving Ava the information for counseling, and being empathetic to her for her past.

I think it would make a quality scene if Danny went to Lindsay & knocked on her belly. Man, would he be surprised if no compacts feel out :lol:. Then again, Lindsay wasn't in the episode & her pregnancy wasn't written in. Oops...

I thought it was a great episode. I really liked the fact that Conner sought out Mac. I hope they can establish a long relationship.

jazzfan said:
I thought it was a great episode. I really liked the fact that Conner sought out Mac. I hope they can establish a long relationship.

Conner? You mean Reed, maybe? Or did I miss something...

Finally got to watch it. I give it a solid A. I really liked this episode ... and I have to say the lack of Lindsay did have something to do with it. I didn't miss her presence in the slightest.

LOTS of Adam ... woopee!! I love how he goes through his thought processes out loud (eg the 'ectoplasm'). And how he looks so pleased with himself when he announces something to the CSI's that helps them crack the case. AJ is really bringing Adam to life ... he has a distinct personality that we are getting to know more of and I ALWAYS love the chemistry between Adam and Danny. That bum scan with the credit card reader was hilarious.

I enjoyed the Kings & Shadows case very much. I live for those moments when Mac fires up. In this instance it was for like half a second, but that special brand of 'Gary Sinise Intensity' does something to me every time. And the more Mac and Flack work together, the better I like it. Their interrogation scenes were gold.

While talking about the Kings & Shadows case I also have to mention the background music - suitably serious & sinister orchestral - whoever does the job of music selection for this series I'm a big fan of. :)

The developing relationship between Mac and Reed is something else I'm looking forward to seeing more of (hopefully). Reed is superbly cast. "I told them I was family". How beautiful was that? Reed reaching out to Mac at the funeral, Mac being hesitant about reacting then giving in to it, and what that meant ... ah. Beautiful acting, beautiful writing.

Although Nelly Furtado is obviously a strinkingly attractive woman and great at her day job, she pulled me out of the episode a bit. She felt stiff as a board. I understand stunt casting is to pull viewers, but, erm, what can I say?

Best episode I've seen since Raising Shane.

I caught it on On Demand last night, I have it a B. Average episode. I thought Nelly did a decent job for the most part and the episode had some interesting moments. I also liked Flack interagating the one guy

It was a nice episode..I liked it a lot :)..The cases were nice,especially the one with Nelly Furtado..It was just different!..Plus,that they showed Reed again and they didn't stop the story..

Nelly Furtado did an amazing job in this one. She played her part amazingly. I did not like the way Stella was playing a councler though. Stella should have referred her to someone else...I understand she was attacked by her ex and all...but she is not a councler. Other than that, the episode was amazing as usual. ^^

Back