Grade 'Some Buried Bones'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

A: The Kings and Shadows case was very strong and I thought that the scene at the end with Mac and Reed at the funeral was amazing. :)

Nelly Furtado's scenes were alright. I didn't expect alot anyway, however I almost knew for certain that they'd play Maneater! We didn't see her really act, other than stealing and changing until the end--but OF COURSE, the franchaise had her be more of a victim than the suspect. But the scene was still good, Melina was acting with her heart and I loved her in that scene. Absolutely amazing. Nelly seemed a little weak against her.

2. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

A- Loved this episode - it had some really nice character moments in it. Loved seeing Danny and Stella (Stella rocked this episode), loved Mac and Reed, loved Flack, loved Sid, LOVED Adam. Please, make Adam a main character, like Greg in Vegas. He's king of the lab and we just don't get enough of him.

Nelly was okay - she didn't have a lot of acting to do. That final scene with Stella could have had more oomph - but Melina acted her socks off.

Really liked some of the camera/music in this one too - it really hit home.

3. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Adam scanned Danny ass!! They may soon become my favourite ship!!

4. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

That was my favourite scene from the whole ep. I died. Adam kills me when he grins, because you just know there's something naughty behind it. But scanning Danny's ass? Genius. More scanning of Danny's ass, says I!

Flack and Adam can take turns...

5. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Id love to scan Danny's ass! Ooh I can't wait to see this episode!! No Lindsay and lots of Danny and Adam cuteness!! Adam thinks Danny's hot - I know it!

6. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

I thought "Some Buried Bones" was great, and really liked both cases. First off, I love Nelly Furtado so having her in the ep was awesome. I just wish they'd put in some more of her songs. I thought she gave a great guest-star performance (unlike *cough cough* K-Fed in Vegas), esp. when she was talking with Stella at the end. I also liked that the shop-lifting plot had so many different layers, if CSI:Q weren't there it would've been such an interesting twist at the end.

I also thought the secret society case was great and it was an excellent way to bring Reed back into the picture. I loved Flack's interrogations on this case! He's always so fun to watch, esp. when he roughs suspects up. :)

To answer dylanryan11's question back on page 1: Yes, there is a giant maze that is in Queens. However, it's not at the fictional Queens Arboretum but at the very real Queens County Farm Museum (though Flack's description of the place was quite accurate). The real maze is called the Amazing Maize Maze and it's made from Maize crops. It's open during September and October.

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I liked this episode too

Mac's step son (I guess you could call him that) was an interesting storyline and the secret society was a good plotline too
    And the fact that Mac said that they haven't found Claire's body yet, although we all know she is ashes or something, (and no disrespect intended) I don't think the writers would have had him say that unless they were planning something.. what does everyone else think about that?

I really liked the Nelly Furtado case, where you think she is just a bored housewife or something stealing high-end merchandise, but then you find out there are so many other things that made her do it.. like she's a dental hygenist from Kansas City with an abusive husband, and she was in some trial for medication, and the medication didn't work like it should have. I really liked how they dug deep into that storyline

and the lab tech Adam's small confession about his dad being a bully, that opened up a whole new storyline for him
    too

I liked this one a lot

Grade A-

8. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

I give this episode an A+! Mainly because Nelly was in it and she is a Canadian girl. She did a fantastic job with her character. I thought it was interesting that this episode brought up the issue of abuse. Both for Nelly's character and Adam. I think there might be more storylines about this issue in the near future.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I finally rewatched the episode this morning. Both cases were interesting, the shoplifting case mainly because of the technology and the mystery of who was doing the shoplifting. ;) The maze case was fantastic, seeing that there were several different things going on that made an already-confusing case even more difficult to untangle--the case itself was a maze, you could say. ;)

Mac and Flack's utter disdain for the idea that the one kid's father had friends in high places really fit with their characters, I loved that. Mac didn't even bat an eye when he suggested that they call his father. You're messing with the wrong CSI, buddy. :lol: And Flack in the interrogation scene? 'Want to call Daddy now?' or something like that. :lol: (Of course, I was thinking "Who's your daddy now?" :devil:)

Stella and Danny work great together, and it was nice to see Angell again, although she wasn't there much past the beginning of the episode. Still, I liked her being there. ;)

All of the science and technology in this one was fun, although any excuse to have Adam in so much of the episode works for me. :lol:

Speaking of Adam--AJ Buckley is awesome, and I like that TPTB know this and are keeping him around. I hope they don't tinker with him too much, and change who he is, but I'm liking the revelation from this episode and what it might mean for future storylines. :)

Lastly--Mac and Reed. *sigh* Such amazing scenes with these two. Kyle and Gary together is a perfect example of good casting mixed with raw talent. I love that we're getting to know Reed, and also that he's teasing out part of Mac's character in the process. People have mentioned the awkwardness, and I have to bring that up as well. It's so flawlessly done, to see them trying to connect to each other but having trouble. I really hope we haven't seen the last of Reed. ;)

So, overall I think I'll give the episode an A. I would have given it an A+ if it hadn't been for the Nelly Furtado bit. Don't get me wrong, she's a great singer and all that, but this is a tv show, and I wish they'd stick with actors. Yes, it's sweeps, but why not get a big name actor for the show if they're trying to draw in viewers? Or maybe feature a singer who would surprise us with their acting abilities, rather than having us just watch and be unsurprised. I don't think most of us expected a whole lot, so at least we weren't disappointed, but it would have been nice to be pleasantly surprised.

As for the Claire storyline--what I would hope for is that, rather than reveal that she's alive, a la some soap opera or another, maybe they're planning to discover some remains. Then we'll see Mac and Reed having to deal with the confirmation when some of them are identified as Claire's remains, and then they would have to be there for each other. It would be heartwrenching, yes, but far more realistic and, if done correctly, respectful toward those who lost loved ones on 9-11.

10. csiviper

csiviper Witness

Im so gonna watch Some Buried Bones again cause I loved this episode.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I agree, I hope if they are planning something, it's what Faylinn said.

12. csiviper

csiviper Witness

Mac looks so hot.

13. GregsAngel

GregsAngel Rookie

i thought this eps was so great made up for all the so so eps :) this season i like the danny and stalle with the Nelly Furtado was so great and when stalle give her
    her card i was think she might call and we'll c her again maybe her hasband wiil find her.:) :) im day dreaming cause i want to see nelly again :lol: :D

and mac and his step son i liked the story line and the mac telling him they dint find the body it was so sad. but i was thinking thy might do someing with that 2. :D

was mac's wife a cop to

14. csiviper

csiviper Witness

Mac was so sweet with Reed.
    He is so hot.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

We don't know yet what Claire did.