Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I loved his fridge!! I have always wanted a fridge witha glass door! :)

2. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Plus Danny's apartment hasn't got a bedroom, right? Must reduce the rental costs quite considerably... :lol:

3. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Yeah, I bet that pool table doubles as a bed more frequently than we'd care to imagine. :eek:

4. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Uuuuhh... don't tell Lindsay!!! ;) :devil:

5. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

:lol: Thank you! I wondered that the minute I first watched the scene. I guess it's either SuperMac! or SuperFast! elevators! ;)

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I'm sticking with Super Mac or should I say Marine Mac!!! :lol:

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think I saw a bed in the background when Lindsay woke up the second time...

Ew. I'm never playing pool at anybody's house, like, ever. That's just skank. :eek:

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

You're right Fay, there was a bedroom in plain view from Messer's collection of bodily secretions. Kinda gives a new meaning to "pool table," doesn't it?

9. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Yeah, me too, but since it was Mac I forgave TPTB this little slip. I would have loved to see Stella even a bit more concerned before she is able to see and hug him. I guess, they were short on time in the end (think of all stuff that happened in that ep!), so they didn't have those 30 secs anymore... ;)

10. privatename

privatename Rookie

It isn't about how David Caruso looks -- he is creepy because of his mannerisms and the voice he uses. It is the way he talks to kids and lots of other things.

I do think Gary Sinise was a brilliant casting choice for CSI:NY and he is the reason I started watching CSI:NY in the first place. I also think he did a great job in this episode. In the hands of David Caruso, this episode, in my opinion would have been a mess.

I disagree with your assertion that without David Caruso there would be no CSI:Miami. There are many actors that could have played that role just fine or put Calleigh in charge. I do think it could be better written as well, but, frankly, I would be okay without a CSI:Miami -- just don't take away my CSI or CSI:NY.

11. keich

keich CSI Level One

A-

It certainly kept me at the edge of my seat. The whole infiltration and hostage-taking was nicely done. But yeah, no matter how brilliant the Irish mafia's plan was, they'd be nuts to even think of beating CSIs in their home turf.

I honestly wanted to strangle Peyton when she called Mac, but then I figured she really had no idea what was happening upstairs. How was she to know that Mac was trying to come up behind the perp the very moment she called, right?

It's great to see Danny being stubborn again, the way he taunted their captors just so Adam could get to his kit. Very reminiscent of season 1 Danny. :)

As for Danny and Lindsay, yeah, they're canon. It's pretty obvious they would be especially after...what episode was that? The one where she testified? Anyhow, I'm okay with them, I think they're cute. What I didn't like was how Lindsay was..."useless" (for lack of a better word) in this episode. I don't think she even swabbed anything. She was there so that Danny would get in trouble, and that's not how I want her character to be. I'm pissed because I like her and all, but she seriously lacked importance in the season finale.

The episode was still great, though. I wonder what's in store for us next season. :)

12. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Eeeeeeeeww....

13. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

^ Hopefully the cushions soaked most of it/them up...

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Been a while since I was here last time :p

First. The Return of Mac and The Black T-shirt.

Because I'm a fan of anything lots-of-action kind of shows and movies, I liked the episode. A lot. I mean, I've been excited about the...five last episodes and this was excellent season finale.

Danny and Lindsay. They are quite cute. I mean, they are cute couple. Lots of cuteness around there. I just hate the fact (with every show) that pairings have to be done between the regular cast :rolleyes:
    As for the Lindsay... (eh, the eppy where she was testifying) I have to said she did much better job to be sad/shocked/afraid than angry. Yay!

Stella with machine gun. Woohoo! She is just a kickass and MK and GS has amazing chemistry.

It was amazing that even there happened a lot in this episode, I didn't get the feeling that there was too much in too little of time. Perhaps could have been 90 minutes, but normal episode lenght was just fine.

Danny/Adam part.. how come bad guys didn't hear when Adam ran off the truck to get that...thing? or didn't notice any movement?

One that always makes me laugh is that how bad people are to shoot in these :p and the scene where Mac ran away and the dude was shooting with AK and Mac didn't get any injuries despite the shooting and glass... made me giggle. It's silly.

Another thing that bugged me was in the end when Hawkes went with Flack to arrest those guys. I mean, yeah, he probably has training to use guns but wouldn't it have been easier to put an actual policeman there? Or a few.

Then we come to the main point. Mac Taylor. Or more like Gary Sinise. He is amazing, simply amazing. Even I am DC fan and he has special place in my heart, I've said this before and say this again: GS is probably the best actor on tv at the moment (well Kiefer is quite good too :p ). His Mac Taylor is a wonderful character and I think everything what Gary does, he does it so damn well. Show wouldn't be the same without him. And I have to say, CSI NY did the best from all the three CSI shows in this season.

I feel that original has kind of lost its touch, Miami has always been bit 'special child' and will continue with that, has it's own touch as well and NY is just... doing better and better. Of course there will be a problem that what they do next season, so fans won't be disappointed.

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I don't know how many here are like me, fans of both CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. But I want to point something out to all you fans of both shows concerning CSI: Miami's season finale and CSI: NY's season finale. The thread about CSI: Miami's season finale Episode #524 'Born To Kill' has pretty much, for all intents and purposes, died. I'm lucky to still get one email with a copy of a post from that thread.
    This thread I'm still getting 3-12 emails a day containing copies of posts in this thread and tomorrow night will be one week since 'Snow Day' aired.
    To me, that shows the difference between CSI: Miami's leaving-alot-to-be-desired finale and CSI: NY's edge-of-your-seat, holding-your-breath, kick-ass finale. Did I just say ass??? I sure did...twice.
    OK, I said what I wanted to say so now I'm gonna go wash my mouth out and fingers off with soap...lots of soap for saying the last-3-letters-of-class word.