Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It was nice to see the old Danny back again. ;) I do wonder if that thug would have killed him though--it's hard to tell if he was just trying to make Flack freak out and capitulate to his demands, or if he really would have killed Danny. He did say the "guinea cop," which let Flack know exactly who he was talking about. It seemed like a scare tactic to me, but if they actually thought they were going to get away, it might not have been.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I still undecided, but the demands were never going to be met, so they must have decided on a course of action. They weren't actually interested in their demands being met, such as releasing the men captured earlier that day. The entire hostage situation was conceived as a diversion after all. The two actual cops in the warehouse were already in position ready for when they stormed the warehouse, so if he was going to kill Danny then that would have been the time to do it, as a way of getting the cops to storm in and take out the two men dressed as the hostage takers? Also, as Danny was clearly the biggest threat to them in there, to have had any chance of escaping they would probably have needed to shut him up...

One question: what is a 'guinea cop'? It's not a phrase I'm familiar with? :confused:

3. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

I read somewhere that 'guinea cop' refers to a cop that is of Italian origin. I've never heard of it so don't know whether that meaning is true or not!

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

"Guinea" is a pejorative term for someone of Italian ancestry.

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^^ But how would they know that...if they checked his ID or badge it would've said "Danny Messer", to me that doesn't sound Italian at all...

6. privatename

privatename Rookie

Maybe he knew that Danny's real last name is Giovanazzi or whatever ;)

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Nah, they figured out he's Italian 'cause of his nose. ;)

(And what an adorable nose it is too!)

8. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

It's in the accent. Reminds me of Robert DeNiro in "Shark's Tale".
    :lol:

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks for the information everyone, :) I have really never heard of that before. Now I've looked it up, clearly it is meant as a very offensive term. I wonder if that is one of the reasons they chose Danny as the main focus of their violence, the old Irish-Italian rivalry? Well, that and the fact that Danny doesn't shut up!

10. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I was wondering if someone could help me find this out:
    What was Mac using to collect the "rosemary" smell from the room in the lab. It was some sort of soil in a jar?
    Thank you

11. MacsLilDevil

MacsLilDevil Police Officer

All I have to say is: Wet + Mac Taylor = MUSCELS! ;) Need I say any more? :devil:

12. Princeza

Princeza Victim

It's a heat sensitive system, so smoke wouldn't have mattered. All the bad guys needed was the heat generated from the handheld blowtorch to set it off.

13. Khanada

Khanada CSI Level Two

I'd guess some sort of charcoal or chalk. Both absorb odors similiar to how baking soda does in the fridge. And GCMS can sort out the scents. An empty syringe can get a sample of the air.

I spend too much time in the lab. :lol:

14. violet

violet Civilian

i graded it B+, cause i didn't see it yet, but i saw some pics and i hope it will be great
    i think i have to wait more or less one year until i can watch it in german television...synchronisation is sooo slow :(
    but there is youtube as well, so i can see a bit in english...

violet

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thanks for that!