Grade 'Snow Day'

It was nice to see the old Danny back again. ;) I do wonder if that thug would have killed him though--it's hard to tell if he was just trying to make Flack freak out and capitulate to his demands, or if he really would have killed Danny. He did say the "guinea cop," which let Flack know exactly who he was talking about. It seemed like a scare tactic to me, but if they actually thought they were going to get away, it might not have been.

Top41 said:
it's hard to tell if he was just trying to make Flack freak out and capitulate to his demands, or if he really would have killed Danny.
I still undecided, but the demands were never going to be met, so they must have decided on a course of action. They weren't actually interested in their demands being met, such as releasing the men captured earlier that day. The entire hostage situation was conceived as a diversion after all. The two actual cops in the warehouse were already in position ready for when they stormed the warehouse, so if he was going to kill Danny then that would have been the time to do it, as a way of getting the cops to storm in and take out the two men dressed as the hostage takers? Also, as Danny was clearly the biggest threat to them in there, to have had any chance of escaping they would probably have needed to shut him up...

One question: what is a 'guinea cop'? It's not a phrase I'm familiar with? :confused:

I read somewhere that 'guinea cop' refers to a cop that is of Italian origin. I've never heard of it so don't know whether that meaning is true or not!

^^ But how would they know that...if they checked his ID or badge it would've said "Danny Messer", to me that doesn't sound Italian at all...

dutch_treat said:
^^ But how would they know that...if they checked his ID or badge it would've said "Danny Messer", to me that doesn't sound Italian at all...

Maybe he knew that Danny's real last name is Giovanazzi or whatever ;)

Thanks for the information everyone, :) I have really never heard of that before. Now I've looked it up, clearly it is meant as a very offensive term. I wonder if that is one of the reasons they chose Danny as the main focus of their violence, the old Irish-Italian rivalry? Well, that and the fact that Danny doesn't shut up!

I was wondering if someone could help me find this out:
What was Mac using to collect the "rosemary" smell from the room in the lab. It was some sort of soil in a jar?
Thank you

Faylinn said:
They have one hell of a sprinkler system in that building, it could do with some controls and replacing with a zoned system. They managed to set it off with a tiny flame, and yet there are people in that building everyday creating more heat, smoke and flames without any problems?
Yeah, didn't Hawkes burn a lot of cigarettes in one episode, and have the lab filled with smoke? *thinks* If that didn't set off the sprinklers...

It's a heat sensitive system, so smoke wouldn't have mattered. All the bad guys needed was the heat generated from the handheld blowtorch to set it off.

darx2mint4 said:
I was wondering if someone could help me find this out:
What was Mac using to collect the "rosemary" smell from the room in the lab. It was some sort of soil in a jar?
Thank you
I'd guess some sort of charcoal or chalk. Both absorb odors similiar to how baking soda does in the fridge. And GCMS can sort out the scents. An empty syringe can get a sample of the air.

I spend too much time in the lab. :lol:

i graded it B+, cause i didn't see it yet, but i saw some pics and i hope it will be great
i think i have to wait more or less one year until i can watch it in german television...synchronisation is sooo slow :(
but there is youtube as well, so i can see a bit in english...

violet

Back