Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. ingrid

ingrid Witness

mh. So far I've only seen two or three 3rd-season-episodes (I live on the wrong side of the world)

Therefore the whole Peyton-Mac thing escapes me mostly.
    But after seeing the terrific "Snow day" (AMAZING comes to mind, in bold letters! A+) something occurred to me:

There are Irish terrorists (IRA freedom fighters) who are also responsible for killing an FBI Agent months earlier, an agent who called Mac because she obviously needed to share some info with him. AND those IRA guys are protecting somebody by killing said FBI-agent - that storyline never got explored, did it?

And now there's Peyton and she's british (where in Britain is she from???) and she's reacting a bit shifty the whole episode. And even after realising that there is a possibly dangerous situation she tries calling Mac, almost getting him killed.
    (1. if there really was a gas leak, wouldn't an even invisible spark a cell would make by connecting a call set off the gas? fridges do so! 2. if there wasn't a gas leak, then some of the bad guys are still in the freaking closed off building, so calling my lover would be a bad thing also)

Plus: now she's getting him to London, onto her own turf. And even closer to any ill meaning IRA terrorists...

So my question would be: who the hell is Peyton? When did she arrive in NY? Before or after the FBI agent got herself killed?

curious in Austria
    Ingrid

2. alisonn

alisonn Hit and Run

^^^^ Peyton is mac girlfriend and her first appearance on the show was season 3 episode one "people with money". She was originally from London and she had already worked with hawkes and sid before she became an ME at the crime lab. Yes, they're going to London, but those people only wanted their coke, not the entire department killed.

3. ingrid

ingrid Witness

mh. thank you for clearing that up - so the episode ppl with money - was that before or after the FBI-Agent got killed or did we never see that in an actual episode (was it just a flashback?)

because Mac and Sid made the connection to the FBI killing by comparing slugs!

4. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

best episode ever. it had everything. action, romance, some humor and even some bad guys with hot Irish accent.

this surely showed that you dont mess with scientists. it was a little rough on Danny and Adam but I guess thats what happen with mobs - of any origin.

it was really cool to see the team being capable of more then just lift fingerprints and find traces..

as for the romantic scenes - they were perfect. for both Mac and Peyton and Danny & Lindsay. his gesture was completly sweet and the fact that Mac accepted the trip was like a cherry on the top of a great chocolate cake.

aplause for the briliant performances of all the cast

and last but not least - big thanks to the costume department for putting on Danny that great white shirt, sticking Flack in that black whatever-you-call-it and for giving Stella the sexi green T-shirt :)

5. alisonn

alisonn Hit and Run

That was a case that we got to see about 9 episodes after people with money, the FBI agent had some information for Mac but she was killed before he could receive it, and that case was unsolved until the weapon was found at the drug bust.

6. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

awk, I mean it was okay, some horrendous northern irish/irish accents (with the exception of the main bad guy, the other accents were dire. Irish? Northern Irish? Who knew?) That whole IRA plot thing was so cliche, Danny and Lindsay make me want to be sick, etc etc.

Some nice Stella/mac Moments and Flack was just brilliant. Nice to see Adam being badass for once.

To be honest, one of the worse episodes of the show.

C+

7. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

Oh, and if I had to act using an accent I wasn't familiar with, I'd research my pronunciation.

The pronunciation of 'garage' annoyed me.

We pronounce it as 'garidge' not garaaaje'

It made the whole episode wholly unbelievable to me.

8. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

I agree 100%. I'm not Irish, but have a lot of Irish family & friends - and I was totally flummexed by their accents. It's like Peyton's accent - I have to turn away when she's on coz no-one (ok probably about 0.05% of the British population) talk like her. It's so strained - she sounds as though she's constipated. AND she should know better as she is English, even if she is from the Home Counties!

9. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Now that's a finale. For the past two seasons, NY has been doing their finales right and better than LV's.

It's a great plot, every character got some action (well except for Lindsay.. but she did get something the previous night lol). It's got action, suspense, science, romance, etc.

Loved it. Enjoyed it. :D

10. alisonn

alisonn Hit and Run

Oh my word, I absolutely agree with that! (that's the kind of thing that people with her accent would say). No i'm not British, i'm just Chinese with a British accent.

11. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

This was certainly the most exciting finale of the 3 CSI shows but there were too many implausible things to make it totally enjoyable for me. I'm not a shipper but have sat through all the crappy shippy stuff all season, but I'm not going to suffer through it for another season. No amount of pretty Flack (especially since he hasn't had a character developing story line since S1's "The Fall") can entice me to tune in again next season.

12. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

does anyone have a link to somewhere i could watch this on the intranet?

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Do you mean snow day??

14. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

A++++

I loved this episode. It was like a film. A really good one. The action stuff was amazing, characterizations were spot on, and Danny and Lindsey finally got together! The episode as a whole made up for the Peyton/Mac scenes, cos they still annoy me.

And I totally agree about the accents. I don't think Peyton could be any more stereotypical if they tried. She drinks tea, she comes from London, and has a major posh accent. Why can't they have an English character who doesn't sound like they were educated at Eton?! It was the same with Jane Parsons. I never would have guessed that she was actually English from her accent. Do you think they ask them to change their accents for some reason? And the Irish guys, I couldn't understand most of what they said.

And about Lindsey feeling guilty because she and Danny swapped shifts. I know some people aren't happy about it, but anybody else in that position would have felt the same and I'm sure that if it had been Danny or Flack in that position nobody would be having a go at them for feeling guilty.

15. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I rewatched Snow Day (again) and noticed something about Mac's cell phone. He shouldn't have had it on him in the last scene. It should have been laying on a counter. In the beginning, when Mac and Stella are checking phone service, Stella checks her phone, then Mac checks his. He walks over to a counter with a computer, lays his cell phone down and checks the computer for internet access. Then you see Mac and Stella leave that office, without Mac picking his phone back up. And, it wasn't Mac's office, it was the lab where Mac noticed the burner still on, not reacting to the gas. Just something I noticed.