Grade 'Snow Day'

It's a heat sensitive system, so smoke wouldn't have mattered. All the bad guys needed was the heat generated from the handheld blowtorch to set it off.
Sure, but still. It's oversensitive. Heat activated sprinkler systems only go off at a set temperature, and each one should work independently of the others, containing or tackling a fire in a specific room or area. Now, Mac and Stella were on a floor above where the sprinkler system had been set off. That is a very poor system. But then, reality would mean that Mac wouldn't have got all wet and it just wouldn't have been as much fun.... :lol:

i graded it B+, cause i didn't see it yet, but i saw some pics and i hope it will be great
:lol: You won't be disappointed.

Elsie said:
It's a heat sensitive system, so smoke wouldn't have mattered. All the bad guys needed was the heat generated from the handheld blowtorch to set it off.
Sure, but still. It's oversensitive. Heat activated sprinkler systems only go off at a set temperature, and each one should work independently of the others, containing or tackling a fire in a specific room or area. Now, Mac and Stella were on a floor above where the sprinkler system had been set off. That is a very poor system. But then, reality would mean that Mac wouldn't have got all wet and it just wouldn't have been as much fun.... :lol:

Good point! But if the system operated as it should've, Mac, Stella and Hawkes would've most likely remained dry...and where's the fun in that???? :)

Princeza said:
Good point! But if the system operated as it should've, Mac, Stella and Hawkes would've most likely remained dry...and where's the fun in that????

...can i offer my two cents and just say that of the three, Mac by far won that wet-t shirt contest...? Safety first, I always say... :lol:

I concur! A frazzled, endangered (and preferably soaking wet) leader (Mac) is always good finale fodder! (It worked for me! :D)

so far i've only been able to see clips on you-tube, but it looks fantastic!!the nose squish was sweet- even if it did look a bit painful!lucky lindsay, if she needs anyone to be a nursing aide to give her a rest, please give her my name.

Just watched it again with some friends! I liked it as much this time as the last time...though there was more alcohol involved this time... :lol:

Danny was definitely pimped out with his little white shirt that he ended up tearing up...

Mac was all John McClain with his wet black t-shirt

Stella and Hawkes were badass

Flack's in lurve

Mac should go on vacation with Peyton because 7 weeks of saved up vacation is RIDUNKULOUS as my friend would say...

Sid in his hat was too funny...

That is all I have to say about my second viewing of this ep, other than that someone should have given Adam a machine gun, because I think he could have gone badass too

someone should have given Adam a machine gun, because I think he could have gone badass too
My head would have exploded about five seconds after my pants did. :lol:

I was totally thinking of you when I wrote that. :lol: I love how he saved the cops at the end!

Hehe. I remembered that part from the spoilers, and I was ready to have heads rolling if they took away his chance to play hero. :p

A sprinkler system doesn't react to smoke, only heat. There's a little sort of 'bulb' and the glass is dsigned to break when heated above a certain temperature, and it's this change in pressure that initiates the whole system. So, yes a flame from a cigarette lighter would do it because the flame itself would be the required temperature. As for 'compartmentalising' the sprinkler system not sure if it can be done simply because of the way the system works. It may involve having more than one sprinkler system.

*Sorry, I meant to refer to the original posts re sprinkler systems, but messed up*

Things are probably different here in the UK, but Fire Alarms are manually activated. Smoke detectors are just that, we also have a carbon monoxide detector at home (because our central heating is run on natural gas), unfortunately it also reacts to car exhaust - presumably because it contains CO.

Back