Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. jemma

jemma Victim

I have only seen it on the internet but i loved every minute of it. :lol:

2. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

Sorry, but the ending of the episode didn't ring 'true'. Someone as driven by a sense of duty as Mac is would not clear off on holiday, leaving all that devastation in his wake, and all those to be answered questions. OK, so he didn't know about the hostage situation, but someone would have told him, surely. But supposing he did go to London with Peyton (and did they ever come up with an explanation for such ridiculous name, one with which no self respecting upper class English parent would land their child), what would be his reaction when he got back. I don't think he'd attach any blame to her, but he would himself. A serial killer would sooner change his signature (which as we know is highly unlikely) than Mac abandon his team.

*But poor Adam, everyone flocking round Danny and what happened to Adam???? Was he left alone? Did he go to the hospital on his own???*

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I don't know if Mac abandoned them so much as decided he needed/had earned that vacation after all.

You make a good point about Adam, though. I assume he got to EMS, but it was apparent that Flack and Lindsay were much more concerned about Danny. Danny did look to be in worse shape though.

4. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

OMG!! I saw the episode last night!!! Best F****** ep ever!!! Drugs always make a good story line!

Danny's hand injury will have to carry on from what I know (spoilers) Theres no way that Danny's injuries can heal in 10 days and Adam to!

The whole ep was AWESOME! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time...at one point I was actually almost screaming at the TV) :lol:

5. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

it was th best episode

6. csinyfan2007

csinyfan2007 Victim

If I could give it a grade better than A+ I would. This episode is totally responsible for CSI:NY being my new obsession. I have now watched all of season 1 and I am in the midst of watching season 2. I love CSI:NY :)

It had everything...the action, the sexy, great dialogue, all wrapped up together in one fantastic episode. It was an incredible episode.

7. mugs

mugs Witness

it was the best csi ny epi ever

and for me it is one of the best season finale so far this year (that i have seen)

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree totally with what you say about Mac, and definitely with what you say about Peyton's name. I'm English, and I have never met, or even heard of anyone with that name! I do like her character, though!

And you're right, no one seemed to remember Adam at the end. Like how he saved the cops, though. I can't wait for s4!

9. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Adam rocked. He was ballsy to go after the acid in his kit while Danny voluntarily got the crap beat out of him. I'm afraid his psychological trauma will far outweigh any physical injuries he sustained, though.

Mac, Stella and Hawkes protected their lab, showing why NYPD is the toughest PD in the country. Mac wasn't his usual reserved self. Stella wasn't the designer, retail therapy CSI. Hawkes wasn't precise and quiet. They were pedal-to-the-medal, take-no-prisoners cops that day. Mac blowing up the lab will be cause for industrial-strength disinfectant and cleaners though.

I'm on board with those who have said other cases will be thrown out due to contamination from the explosion. However, wouldn't they have been thrown out anyway? Defense attorneys would have argued that the evidence had been left alone with a gang of criminals, and there was no way to verify those criminals hadn't compromised or framed their clients.

Danny and Lindsay as a couple were nice. Their scenes didn't take over the whole episode, but did provide some culmination for us DL shippers. I, however, want them to remain CSIs first and foremost. I think Audrina said the same thing. The forensics and crime solving must come first. We don't expect anything less than that. As I posted somewhere else, "If I was only interested in romance I'd watch some stupid Lifetime show." :lol:

OK. Flack is a homicide detective. We've established that. However, he's involved in a narc bust. He's a hostage negotiator. What next? Will he be assigned to protect the mayor? I'm starting to wonder if they shouldn't refer to him as Major Case or something.

Peyton. Dear sweet Peyton. I'm a little upset that TPTB have a primo actress in Claire Forlani, yet they leave her languishing in a stand-around capacity for such a major ep. Come on. That's ridiculous. She basically told Mac she wanted him to go to London with her, and she'd purchased the ticket. She worried about him. She called him, at the worst possible time. She ran to him after the bomb exploded. That's fanfic crap if I've ever read any. That's a complete disservice to Ms. Forlani.

I was impressed with the continuity of the FBI agent. Holy crap! We know who killed her! It's about time. I'm just hoping Mac decides to hunt down the IRA terrorist the head mob guy killed to protect. BTW, Shane Brolly kicked major ass in SD. :D

Fay, I'm a DL shipper but still loved your conversation with Danny/Linday. :lol: :lol:

10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^ wow, good review. Well spoken.

(While I agree with you, I dunno about Forensics first in S4 though, sounds like everybody's gonna be getting a lil sumthin... Guess the off-season's long for them too, and they have to pass the time while the contractors and cleaners get to work...:lol:)

11. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I'd have to give it an A+.

Snow Day was by far the best episode of Season 3, maybe even the entire series!! Flack rocked!! It was so cool to watch him as the "take charge" guy...Loved him in the opening scene...He was so unflappable...staring down the barrel of an AK-47!! Imagine that!! :devil:

I loved Stella as a "Rambo" kind of chick...She was so in her element...Strong and kicking ass!! LOL

12. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

A+!!! Best. Eppy. EVER! Flack was so so hot, bursting in, guns literally blazing. I have such a strange weakness for men in bullet proof vests, so that start was excellent! :devil:

Poor Adam, left all alone. I know one gal on here who would look after him, eh Fay? :lol: He was so ballsy nabbing the acid, as was Danny who let himself get beat up so Adam could grab the acid. *shiver* This eppy rocked basiically! :D

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:devil: You know it. :devil:

14. shay_luvz_kevin

shay_luvz_kevin Civilian

this is the best episode by far. ;)

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's to lovely BonaTaylor she caught me up on this ep. I am primarily a CSI/Las Vegas fan, but have watched some of the re-runs of NY this past summer, and this one OMG, I was almost jumping out of my skin :eek: I missed the frist 15 minutes, so I don't know the back story, but caught it when they were beating the crap out of Danny, and was riveted how can they top this one?, and Mac playing dead on the morgue table, and jumping up on that creep, and the sprinklers going off, what a good CSI I'm probably going to be a regular if this is the type of stories they present us, and I didn't know her Mac had a 'love' interest, also interesting! I just wanted to post my views on this engrossing ep. ;)