Ghost Whisperer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by StarGirl11, May 1, 2006.

1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Heads up IF we believe "Ausiello".

Question: Why would Ghost Whisperer consider Camryn Manheim as a replacement for Aisha Tyler? There must be someone else that would be a better choice. Anyone else would be a better choice!

Ausiello: Well, you're in luck, because I'm hearing a deal couldn't be worked out and producers are now looking at other actresses for the sidekick role. They're also searching for a 14-year-old girl to play the new character's daughter. BTW, rumors of Aisha's exit from GW may have been greatly exaggerated. I know for a fact she'll appear heavily in the season premiere, both in flashbacks and as a present-day spirit.

3. Destiny

Congradulations to "Ghost Whisperer" for their Teen Choice Nomination as "Choice breakout show", -- The coolest stars will receive coveted Teen Choice surfboard awards when TEEN CHOICE 2006, for the first time, airs live Sunday, Aug. 20 (8:00-10:00 PM ET Live/PT Tape-Delayed) on FOX, following an advance look at the glitz and glamour of the event during a hot red carpet special Sunday, Aug. 20 (7:30-8:00 PM ET Live/PT Tape-Delayed).

4. Destiny

UPDATE! Ausiello was wrong or mis-informed which ever but here is the new news.

Hewitt Confirms Ghost Casting

Jennifer Love Hewitt, star of CBS' hit supernatural series Ghost Whisperer, confirmed to SCI FI Wire that Camryn Manheim would join the cast as a regular, replacing Aisha Tyler, and that Jay Mohr would make a recurring appearance in the upcoming second season. "We have some new people coming, which is going to be great," Hewitt said in an interview on July 15 at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif. "We have Camryn Manheim joining the show, which we're really excited about. And Jay Mohr [Action] is going to be on for a while. So we have really good guest stars this year. And people that are, I think, going to kind of make the cast more exciting. And it's been really good. We've been back to work for a week now."

Manheim (The Practice) arrives as Tyler—who played Andrea, the best friend of Hewitt's Melinda—departs, her character having appeared to die in last season's finale. "There are some changes" coming in the second season, Hewitt said. "Obviously, Melinda's world changed a lot ... in the season finale, with the supposed death of Andrea. I don't think the audience should be quite expecting what they think they're going to expect; I'll just leave it that way."

5. katpin31791

Wow I can't wait now till Sept to see what she means. Thanks Destiny for the heads up. I leave tomorrow and will be gone 10 days, so I hope you take care of yourself while I'm gone.

6. Destiny

You're welcome, be safe and I will. Talk to you when you get back.

7. Destiny

For those who missed the season finale two parter you can see it again.
    9/8/06 (Fr.) 8PM "Free Fall"
    9/15/06 (Fr.) 8PM "The One"

The show is set to return season 2 on Friday September 22.

8. katpin31791

Thanks for the heads up Destiny.

9. Destiny

You're welcome. Thought you would like to hear about that. :)

10. Destiny

From the The Futon Critic Info about season 2 new ep. The only thing I will add is that, Andrea Marino played by "Aisha Tyler" is still listed as a "Series Regular". :)
    Melinda is greatly concerned when it seems that Andrea is being influenced by "Wide Brim." She goes to Professor Rick Payne, an expert in occult beliefs and history, to see if he can identify "Wide Brim" in order to win the battle for her friend's fate. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Melinda, a young man who seems to be obsessed with her makes plans to fly from Seattle to see her. -- Jay Mohr ("Last Comic Standing") begins a recurring role as Professor Rick Payne.

11. katpin31791

Okay had to tape episode to watch later. Wasn't home. Can't wait to see the S2 premiere.

12. Destiny

OMG Carry tissues with you, cause you are really gonna need them, it will make you laugh, cry and scream, they really out did themselves.

13. katpin31791

Thanks for the heads up.

14. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Okay, so I've watched GW off and on during the first season, but I'm starting to really get into it now.. so Aisha's definitely off the show, huh? That's too bad, Andrea was such a great character...

I never cared for Camryn Manheim on The Practice, so if she is set to be a series regular, I can only hope she'll be better on this.

I did LOVE seeing Michael Landes as the dude who is, for some reason, angry at Melinda.. if I'm not the only Lois and Clark fan out there, he played Jimmy in the first season of the show before being replaced by Justin Whalin. It could be very interesting seeing how he haunts her in the episodes to come...

And the trailer for next week's ep showed Lacey Chabert, who was on Party of Five with J.Lo.Hew! How totally cute.. I look forward to it!

15. Destiny

I did love the new opening for the show, it did it to prove were not a newbie anymore. -- Next weeks ep from the "Futon Critic".

Melinda is haunted by the spirit of a young man who wants her to visit his wife, Donna (Chabert), to make amends. When she does so, Melinda discovers that Donna is his former wife who divorced him because he was obsessed with his ex-girlfriend. Meanwhile, Melinda meets Delia Banks (Manheim), the mother of a boy who is determined to steal some valuable memorabilia from her store, and Melinda is surprised to find out what is really motivating him.
    The only thing I will add is that yep they have removed Aisha from the "Series Regulars".