Ghost Whisperer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by StarGirl11, May 1, 2006.

1. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

Wow I didn't realize the watch was always stopping at the time of the crash. Talk about some creepy subtle foreshadowing. I thought for a while too that Andrea's brother was going to die. Her dying seemed almost a bit out of the blue.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

But didn't the watch only stop when Andrea held it? meaning that the time of the crash and Andrea's death would coincide. Because I seem to remember Andrea getting frustrated with it, but it ticked when Melinda held it, but Andrea kept saying she had to rewind it.

3. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

Hmm I didn't notice that. Usually it is that stuff I catch on the second time watch if I record the episode. I would have recorded the first part but I didn't know it was the season finale. Still the whole watch thing was very interesting.

4. Destiny

I only noticed it because I liked the look of the watch and when ever they showed Andrea with it, it was stopped on that time, so thinking that it was about the crash itself no one thought it odd.

But yet when Melinda held it the seconds hand was moving where as it wasn't when Andrea held it. which prompted her to get mad that it wasn't working and or maybe she just didn't rewind it enough. But when she handed it over to Melinda the seconds ticked a couple, hand back to andrea and it didn't.

So it made me think that maybe it had to do with andrea's brother, I mean when it first started happening we had just learned it was a pilot and about the plane.

5. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Yeah I remember that. Thought it odd other than the fact it had something to do with Andreas brother. Oh I hope she stays around. Hate that she may not be on there anymore. Yeah I didn't even know she played on CSI till I saw repeats. OH I can't wait till fall now. Destiny thanks for explaining all of that with the crossover. Oh and I wanted you to know I'm making a trip home(Ohio) in July. Haven't been in 9 yrs. Can't wait to go.

6. athlov

athlov Guest

Wow, I can not believe Andrea died. It never crossed my mind.
    What is it with TV shows these days killing off their main characters? People can't get attached to anyone anymore.

7. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

Actually a while back TV Guide's "TV Water Cooler" (yes I watch TV Guide, I enjoy watching it for some odd reason that even I can't understand) was actually talking about the amount of characters that are being killed off on the different shows. It was rather interesting and kind of sad when they started showing who had died form the different shows within the last season.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

i just started watching it too and im so mad it is ending but the conclution of the finale looks wicked good!

9. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I was reading on another board, and someone came on and said not to worry, that they had been told by an official source that Aisha would be back next season. Said that's all they could say.

10. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

YES -does happy dance-! I haven't been this happy in a while. I am so glad that she is not leaving the show.

11. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Alright!!! I sure am glad to hear that.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm glad she's not leaving, but I'm still curious about what sort of role she's going to play next season. Since Melinda hasn't really defeated the guy-in-the-hat yet, I'm assuming that will be a major story arc continuing into the next season as well, and maybe even beyond it. I was thinking that he might find a way to get Andrea's soul so that Melinda couldn't free her friend until she'd defeated the guy-in-the-hat. But at the same time, I'm sure that Andrea would be resistant to his particular brand of persuasion because of knowing Melinda for so long...I guess we'll all have to wait and see. :(

Here's something that I was wondering about: did Melinda say something to Jim about Andrea? If so, I didn't catch that part. I remember Andrea asking the guy from the FBI if her brother was on the list and him ignoring her, as well as the fact that Andrea went to her brother's apartment and that nobody would talk to her. The fact that the watch stopped at the time of Andrea's death was very interesting. I didn't realize that she was dead until Mitch walked right by her. They did a very good job of making the end a surprise.

I wonder why the FBI guy didn't question Melinda after she said that she spoke to the dead--maybe it was because he was used to 'psychics' working with the government (remember he asked her if she worked with the CIA or whatever?). I actually thought for a minute that he was the pilot's brother--when he answered the phone in the antique store it kind of sounded like he said something like "Nilson" or whatever the pilot's name was. So yeah, that threw me off a bit. :rolleyes:

It took me a while to realize that the little girl's father was the architect that was going to knock down the wall and expand the store...you know, that makes me think--they did make a big deal of Andrea basically being happy to be alive and wanting to do so much--that's classic for a tv show when they want to kill someone off. :( I do wonder if Aisha knew that her character was going to be killed. I'd be upset about it, but like you guys have said, it's possible that she's going to stay on as a regular ghostly cast member. But I wonder if Melinda would be comfortable with that since she's made it her life's work to help people cross over. *shrug*

Damn, they sure know how to suck me in! ;) I'll definitely be anticipating the new season.

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Maybe Aisha will go back to CSI and haunt the lab.

14. Destiny

Melinda did say something to Jim I would have to relook at my tape but I think he asked how Andrea was doing, again I will have to look at the tape to be sure the sequence, but I do remember the impression that she told him.

Also anyone else notice when the Fed showed up at the store to question Melinda about the calls, Andrea kept saying things like "I made some of those calls", and yet the guy never acknowledged her, and it never from what I could tell occured to her that he didn't.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*snort* You are so wrong for that, Dynamo. :lol:

Hmm...that's interesting, I didn't catch that...Then again, I didn't realize she was dead until the end. :p

Yeah, I thought about that after I found out that Andrea was dead. I don't know why it didn't stick out to me at the time...

You know, I still have a hard time believing that her best friend's death wasn't the main thing on Melinda's mind. I mean, I know that there were over 200 people that died on that plane, and the guy-in-the-hat was trying to take their souls, but you would think she'd have taken it harder since Andrea was so close to her...*shrug* Also, I would have thought that, when Andrea first came into the store as a ghost that Melinda would have seemed shocked or upset--I didn't get that impression, but maybe I missed something?