Ghost Whisperer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by StarGirl11, May 1, 2006.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Thanks, I got the descript for the last episode I will put it in the Tag but it can be found Here as well though basically samething as in the spoiler tag. :)

While faced with the overwhelming challenge of convincing the dead passengers to crossover, Melinda encounters the evil spirit of "Wide Brim Man," who is working against her to keep the spirits earthbound. In addition, Melinda has to defend herself to investigators who want to know how and why she knew there was trouble with the plane prior to the crash. Now Melinda must earn the trust of both the passengers and investigators while facing off with "Wide Brim Man."

2. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

I am going to have to record the episode since I am going to a Cinco De Mayo party at a friend's house. I actually thought about passing on going to the party to see the season finale, but I don't go to parties that often so I am planning to just record the episode and watch it once I get home.

Another thing I am still new with the site, so if I need to edit this to have a spoiler tag please let me know.

Oh and so that's the name of the spirit! I was trying to describe the episode to my friend earlier today and I just called him an evil spirit/devil. The devil thing seems a bit overboard now but I still don't know that much about that spirit so I just called him that to keep it simple. Some of the lines in the preview were kind of supporting my train of thought at the time.

3. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Thanks for the heads up Destiny. I can't wait to see it Fri.

4. Destiny

Your welcome, I know what you mean, about 10 mins and I can say "I can't wait for tonight episode". :lol:

5. Destiny

Apologise for double posting, but I wanted to put this spoiler up. From ET

Melinda Gordon (JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT) is used to seeing dead people. What comes as a shock to her in the season finale of "Ghost Whisperer," airing tonight at 8 p.m. on CBS, is when she gets a premonition of not just one death, but the deaths of hundreds of people. This is the very first time that she senses things before they occur.

It all began on last week's episode when a very frosty airline pilot and flight attendant visited Melinda's home and antique shop trying to communicate a warning to her about an impending jet liner crash, but she had trouble understanding their message. When she finally grasped the seriousness of the situation, she tried to warn the appropriate airline people, but to no avail, and the 250 aboard the plane perished.

"They all come at her at once," Jennifer explains. "Melinda has been somebody who is good at her job, pretty good at her marriage, but not as good at running the antique store as she should be, but pretty good at all things. I think what is interesting for people is that Melinda is going to have no idea what is going on, her world is turned upside down and she is put in jeopardy."

On tonight's episode, the threat to Melinda comes when she encounters a force for evil. The finale sees the return of the Wide Brim Man (JOHN WALCUTT) from earlier this year. While Melinda is trying to get the spirits to go to one place, he is trying to get them to go to another. -- "There is a pull between good and evil with Melinda representing good, obviously, and our wide-brim hat guy representing the evil," Jennifer says. "He isn't the devil. I don't think we get into that. I think that would make Melinda either a really big force or an angel of some kind and she's not. She is just a human being. He's not the devil, but I think he works for someone who is not somebody anybody wants to get to know." -- Melinda's secret abilities are also in danger of being revealed when investigators want to know how she knew there was trouble with the plane prior to the crash.

EDIT TO ADD: I just watched the EP and :eek: That was so out of Left Field, I didn't even see that coming, Her brother okay I could see it gave us hints on it, but Andrea? OMG

The only thing since I haven't heard anything about her leaving is maybe she won't cross over but rather she will stay and help Melinda fight the big bad that the angel of death sent the little girl back to warn melinda about.

*All in shock Raise your keyboards*

6. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

Hey I got little request I recorded part of the episode, and had the time set and everything but for some reason it stopped recording after the first 45 minutes. Can you please fill me in on what exactly happens in the last 15 minutes? I got a little idea from what you said Destiny but other than that I have no clue.

Anyway I have to agree with the whole Andrea dying thing being suprising. Though I had an initial idea that she was dead when she just seemed to appear after the plane initially went down during part 1. I do hope that she stays on because I will be sad to see her go if she doesn't. I am actually about ready to start crying. It is rather strange how easily I can get emotionally attached to a character. Note I have only seen a few episodes of Ghost Whisperer pre-finale.

7. Destiny

The last 15 mins, okay so they got the little girl, who told melinda about the message she was suppost to give her. The pilot admitted it was his fault (though I don't believe it was), anyway the crowd started to get angry, and Melinda spoke up telling them they need to go into the light to find peace and forgiveness.

The man in the brim hat came up and challenged her, by trying to put doubt into the others minds, and to the point of asking Melinda if she had experienced the light? and she said know but she felt the peace, seen the faces of those going into it, and the happiness they felt, that it takes faith, and just when the guy thought he won..

A large light appeared that Melinda, Jim, the Fed, the passengers and the guy in the brim hat could see, and the passengers listened and felt and then suddenly went toward the light and moved on, but there were a few that choose to follow the guy in the brim hat instead of the light.

Then Andrea was telling melinda about not being able to find her brother, and melinda tried to tell her but she wouldn't listen, and thats when melinda looked up and said he is here, and he is outside, so Andrea went running up to him to hug him and he walked right past her.

Crying and thats when Andrea realized as melinda explained to her that she tried to tell her but she didn't want to let her go (she had told Jim), then she explained to her brother that Andrea died when she was driving into the city to find him, andrea didn't even know she had died, and started to cry and said it was her brothers birthday and Melinda gave him the watch that andrea got him that was inscribed "Love Never dies".

Then as Andrea was trying to figure it all out, and what to do, Melinda saw the guy with the scarf over his face walking in their direction and it ended there.

I hope this helps some, I taped it as well I didn't want to miss it. feel free to pm me with any questions and I can check the tape for lines or what have you.

I agree I looked on the net after that and I could not find anything that told that she would be leaving, I saw that she was doing something called ".45" its a drama Movie. Other then that nothing, So I am thinking that Andrea will be Helpping melinda next season maybe to fight the big bad as melinda is still "The one".

8. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I can't believe Andrea's dead. :( You'd think we would've heard she was leaving the show. :eek: Why is what I don't understand. Was she not happy to be on the show? :confused: Maybe it just a hoax of some kind. ;) What a cliffhanger though. :D Wow now we gotta wait till fall to see what happens with the dude. :mad: I got confused on why he let all those people crossover when he told Melinda he wouldn't unless he had her soul. :devil: I'm gonna miss Andrea though. :( Now to start counting till fall's here. :lol:

9. Destiny

I don't think he really let them its all a matter of choice on the part of the people, he gave them the option of by influenceing them of what they could have by staying. But in the end they saw the truth and freely made the choice to move on, not something I would think or see him controling.

But if he had Melinda believing it along with the passengers he was winning, its sort of tilting the balance the Good vs evil, without it being preachy in the story. All choices are made on influence he tells them what they want to hear, but in the end Melinda showed them what they really needed.

As to Aisha I still haven't found anything yet, so I don't see her leaving anytime soon, they say on the show that ghost hang around on the earth because of unfinished business, Melinda might be the one but until its finished Andrea might also be the one to help her.

Gotta admit one thing, Jim's co-workers think she is a bit odd talking to no one (that they can see) imagine with andera and the business. :D

10. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I read recently that Melinda's mother will have a much more important role in the show. Maybe she'll take Andrea's place at the store. Andrea will stay to help Melinda fight the bad ghosts, and Mom can join in or not.
    One thing that bothered me last night: Melinda knew the child had been in a car hit by the plane, but did she tell her husband? It seems like the rescuers would have scurried to find a car under the planed, but Melinda's husband seemed to find the child by chance.
    And Melinda was awfully composed for someone who knew their best friend had died. I guess that comes from experience.

11. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

Yeah now that will be amusing.

Thank you so much Destiny for the info on the last 15 minutes. They'll probably eventually show a rerun of "The One" but who know how long it will be until that happens.

Goldnhart, Melinda DOES mention the child at one point in the episode but that is before she found out that the kid was in the car. You do have to wonder why she doesn't bring it up after she finds out the kid was in a car. The only reason I can think of is taht she got caught up in everything else that was happening.

12. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I have a question for those who have watchced from the beginning (I'm a latecomer). It seems they occasionally show Melinda's grandmother watching her. Has she not crossed over?
    Also, regarding last night. Won't it be very difficult for Melinda to let go of her best friend, so she won't want her to cross over? Will Andrea want to stay and thus hook up with the hat guy? Andrea could end up as either Melinda's best ally or her worst foe.

13. Destiny

Thing is Andrea died apparently in the car driving, how many vehicals were hit by this? How many were buried under the debre, The mother didn't give alot of info and she only got a flash. My guess is that since Jim thought he at first heard a childs voice then ignored it and then heard it again he was wasn't surprised.

As to Melinda's mom while it was proved that her mother also has the gift, she did say that she is trying everything she can to surpress it, I don't know with andrea's death if it will make her change her mind, but her being around alot could mean Melinda and her mother try to make amends for the past.

I don't really think that Melinda was composed persae, she admitted that she didn't want to believe it, that she didn't want to let go, my guess is when it came to Andrea that even though she tried and knew Andrea had to know, by not saying it out loud, then how could it be real.

Your welcome on the last 15 mins, did that mostly by memory but usually they repeat the season finale just before the start of the new season. If they air the eps in order. :)

14. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I was shocked by the end of this episode. When I saw Mitch walk past Andrea and head straight for Melinda, I thought it was a test at first. Then I realized he was alive and Andrea wasn't. I just can't believe they let her die. I thought Aisha Tyler left CSI to be on this show.

15. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I think Aisha will definitely be back next season as a ghost.
    Interesting how they gave us a clue with the watch, which kept stopping at the same time as the crash. I assumed it was a premonition of Andrea's brother's death — yet I really didn't believe he was on the plane. Instead, it was a premonition of Andrea's own death.