Ghost Whisperer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by StarGirl11, May 1, 2006.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am moving along with it. when they said there would be twists and turns they weren't joking. Okay see I thought at the time that blonde was going to have to go, and no I am not shipping Jim and Melinda but because she grated on my nerves, she seems to at one point clingy, then perky, then holier then thou and for that show its too down to earth, so thank you writers for making her appearance quick.

As to the Jim/Sam story line, its okay it provides David a chance at more screen time, then he would have had well as Jim alive. I think this is the longest we have seen DC in the show since it began. I get its about Melinda and her supportive friends and husband but heck the supportive friends got more screen time then the husband.

Next week is a repeat (#314) "The Gravesitter" - After a string of break-ins, Melinda faces the town blogger who knows her secret and plans to tell.

Okay here is a spoiler I am sure alot know about.

Singer/Actress Hilary Duff A CBS rep has confirmed will guest star on an upcoming episode of Jennifer Love Hewitt's show, Ghost Whisperer.

Duff will appear in the episode, "Thrilled to Death." In the show, she will play a beautiful woman of mystery who may be involved in the death of a man who fell victim to a freak accident, reports Us magazine.

Now if your wondering why I posted it that way, well the last ep ["Body of water"] was episode 413. Now there is no date yet set for the above spoiler it will more then likely be sometime in March.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. Destiny

I actually think I am getting the hang of how they are doing this, I love the fact that Melinda has fineally told Sam/Jim not only of her gift, but he helps out with it, upon till she spills that he is really Jim and that Sam died, in which case he thinks that his knowledge of somethings came from Melinda whispering in his ear when he was in the hospital and offers to get her some professional help. Only to be kicked out for the offer. BUT GW fans there is a change in the air.....

Someone on another site posted this Tv Guide Scan That tells alot about what is to happen.

Radaronline has this small tidbit...
    After weeks of twists and turns, Jennifer Love Hewitt will indeed get rescued on an upcoming episode of "Ghost Whisperer". Pinned in by a flood, Melinda is saved by her reincarnated husband Sam.
    "He rescues Melinda against his better logic," Conrad leaked to "TV Guide", admitting, however, that Sam is "transformed on that journey."
    "It's both a physical and a mental transformation."
    "It's going to be really fun and really big and really satisfying," insists exec producer P.K. Simonds.

Now on the promo I love how Jim says: "Why do you keep calling me Sam?" :lol: So it looks like Jim will be Jim again but still dead and still in Sam's body looking more like Jim... :wtf::shifty::eek:

Someone actually typed out some lines from I believe the promo haven't had time to watch the one I linked to.

Jim: Why do you keep calling me Sam?
    Mel: Jim?
    Jim: Mel, did your hit your head or something?
    Mel: Its really you, Jim. You came back to me (she gives him a hug)
    Jim: Of Course, I Did. I would never leave you
    Mel: Jim, you died 4 months ago and you didn't go into the light, so you jumped into Sams body.
    Jim: What?

Plus there is a news story about the ep in Vancouver Sun Called: "David Conrad lives on in Ghost Whisperer: Character lives on, dead"

Yep Tomorrows ep is about to get interesting....

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Really? Wow! I was really not liking this whole Jim is dead thing and he's in a different body. I'm like couldn't he have just lost his memory and think he was someone else?

This could be interesting. Hmmmmm :shifty:

4. Destiny

Okay without giving anything away, my I just say this ep was a 9/10 I can't explain that further without the should being over totally at this point it isn't, so let me just say me likey lol. It had its funny moments and its emotional moments and its HUH moments.

Okay I will come back to this later or tomorrow when I can say what I mean without the tags. :D

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Here's a tidbit about next season.

Ghost Whisperer
    Where We Left Off: Melinda and Jim remarried, one could say, though Jim is still "technically" Sam.

What's Next: Melinda's end-of-season pregnancy delivers quick and measurable results, as the show reportedly leaps five years into the future. Did her offspring come bearing (ghost-whispering) gifts?

6. Destiny

Season premiere...

Okay with the Book of change making Melinda more paranoid by the minute and Jim/sam more exasperated by the second. She goes to the hospital, okay call it the physchic in her there is a problem with the baby C-section is needed, not breathing, get him breathing name him Aiden Lucas (cute name) played by 'Connor Gibbs (born in RL Feb 2001)' all is good, minus the going from the delivery to home, to five years into the future got it the kids an empath. NOW don't get me wrong I could have seen this as a dream, or a vision and I am pretty sure it was one of the two, BUT it took all but the first what 10 minutes of the show. I swear my clock never clicked down to the end of the ep, as slow as it did.

Thing is she kept referring to the book of change and how it said this and that and doing this and that, which will make the change, as the future changes or is altered. So basically everything that Melinda was trying to do to save her child, could have made it better, or a lot worse. BUT they ended the ep with Aiden as a five yr old, Jim as a resident, Delia as a full realitor, Ned as a college student that helps out Eli.

So the question remains, next ep are they present day, or still doing future eps. I am giving this one a D+ the only thing that saved it imo was the first 10 minutes and Alex Carter in the episode.

MELINDA INVESTIGATES A THREATENING E-MAIL CHAIN WHICH HAS GONE VIRAL IN GRANDVIEW, ON "GHOST WHISPERER" FRIDAY, OCT. 2 "See No Evil" - Melinda investigates a chain email that preys on the citizens of Grandview, on GHOST WHISPERER, Friday, Oct. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Melinda Gordon: Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Jim Clancy: David Conrad
    Delia Banks: Camryn Manheim
    Ned Banks: Christoph Sanders
    Eli James: Jamie Kennedy

GUEST CAST:
    Aiden Lucas: Connor Gibbs (The Future Son)
    Brianna: Inbar Lavi
    Woman: Maria Rockwell
    Man: Scott Thomson
    Steve: Jerry Shea
    Andrew: August Emerson
    Gwen: Amy Gumenick
    Paula: Gigi Rice
    Stan: Derrick Williams
    Julia: Madison Leisle
    Nurse: Kelli Kirkland
    Scarlet: Haley Hudson

ELI'S FATHER SUFFERS A HEART ATTACK, TRIGGERING A MESSY REUNION WITH ELI'S MOTHER WHO'S BEEN DEAD NEARLY TEN YEARS, ON "GHOST WHISPERER," FRIDAY, OCT. 9
    "Till Death Do Us Start" - Eli's father suffers a massive heart attack, triggering a tangled reunion with Eli's mother, who has been dead almost ten years and unable to cross over, as a result of a secret she took to her grave, on GHOST WHISPERER, Friday, Oct. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Melinda Gordon: Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Jim Clancy: David Conrad
    Delia Banks: Camryn Manheim
    Ned Banks: Christoph Sanders
    Eli James: Jamie Kennedy

GUEST CAST:
    Aiden Lucas: Connor Gibbs (The Future Son)
    Ray: Barry Newman
    Casey: Jolie Jenkins
    Evelyn: Christine Estabrook
    Anne: Debra Monk
    Don: Barry Bostwick
    Young Ray: Brian Avery
    Young Anne: Tara Killian
    Young Eli: Jamie Stewart
    Young Casey: Kara Stribling
    Young Don: Oliver Keller
    Minister: David Boller
    Young Evelyn: Amie Farrell

7. Destiny

Okay still not fond of the whole the kid is born and turns five in less then a half the episode, and honestly the kid hasn't really been as big as they say, so unless they are planning something... Anywho there is some info on there 100th episode. Named (what I hope is a good descript of the show uptil now) "Implosion".

A GHOST WHO KNOWS OF A HIDDEN MUNITIONS DUMP WITH UNEXPLODED BOMBS CONFIDES IN MELINDA THAT ONE OF THOSE BOMBS IS MISSING AND SOMEONE WILL LOSE THEIR LIFE, ON THE 100TH EPISODE. - Executive Producer and Series Star Jennifer Love Hewitt Directed the Milestone Episode.

A ghost who knows of a hidden munitions dump with unexploded bombs confides in Melinda that one of those bombs is missing and in the wrong hands, warning that someone will lose their life,

GUEST CAST:
    Aiden Lucas: Connor Gibbs
    Julie: Alexie Gilmore
    Josh Bedford: Bruce Davison
    George: Stephen Lee
    Jim: Chris Divecchio
    Joey: Joey Luthman
    Ghost Nurse: Sarah Teresa
    Private Mace: Dwain Murphy
    Officer Luis Simon: Jose Zúñiga
    Dennis: Frank Krueger
    Ghost Soldier: Jeff Leaf
    Detective Sam Blair: Ion Overman

100 Episode Youtube Promo

8. Destiny

Source: TvGuide Online

Hewitt Pulls Triple Duty in Ghost Whisperer's "Explosive" 100th Episode

For Ghost Whisperer's star and executive producer Jennifer Love Hewitt, every day on the set is a busy one. But that didn't stop her from pulling triple duty as the director of the CBS series' 100th episode, airing Friday at 8/7c.

"It was definitely daunting and definitely nerve-racking, but I was really excited and honored to get to do it," Hewitt says. "Having been on the show and worked this hard on it, it was really nice to be in control of such a big episode."

Executive producers Kim Moses and Ian Sander said asking Hewitt to direct was a "no-brainer" after her past success behind the camera.

"When the new season came, she of course wanted to direct again and, frankly, we insisted that she direct again because she did such a good job," Sander says. "When we started talking about the 100th episode and that we wanted it to be special ... it seemed like a natural to have her direct it."

MOD NOTE: Just incase you don't want to know more, I am putting in the tag as it tells more about the ep.

In the episode, titled "Implosion" and written by series creator John Gray, Melinda must race against a ticking clock when a ghost tells her that a bomb has gotten into the wrong hands. Although this is now Hewitt's third time in the director's chair, she says she explored a lot of new territory in the action-intense episode. "There are some big explosions in the episode which are really fun. I had never done those before as a director or as an actor," Hewitt says. "I had no idea quite how explosive it was going to be on all angles."

The series' 100th episode is not only explosive because of a bomb, but because of the bomb's aftermath, namely a major character's death. The series' creative team is understandably tight-lipped about the character's identity.

"Just because it's a death, doesn't mean that it's the end of the character. I wouldn't necessarily count on that," Sander says. "We have actors that fortunately have a very good time on our show and we try to explain to them, the best way to recur is to die."

No matter if said character returns to Grandview or not, Hewitt says the death will have long-term repercussions. "The death means possible deaths for others," she says.

It is only fitting the episode deals with the death of a major character on a show that deals with mortality so openly week after week — an attribute to which the producers credit the series' success. "The concept of the show is a universal theme; everybody in the world would like one more chance to reconnect with somebody they love who has passed away," Moses says.

Congrads to Ghost Whisperer on 100 episodes!

9. Destiny

Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jamie Kennedy Split
    After a year-long romance, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jamie Kennedy have broken up, a rep has confirmed exclusively to PEOPLE.

No further details were available.

Though some in the blogosphere called them an unlikely couple, Kennedy and Hewitt regularly gushed over each other.

When Kennedy first confirmed the romance in March 2009, he told Ryan Seacrest during a radio interview, "I'm in love!" Describing his costar on Ghost Whisperer, Kennedy said: "It's like, 'Wow, you are hot. You can sing, you can dance, you're like, so smart and, wow, you can cook pasta fagioli, too.' "

Hewitt called her beau "hilarious," but praised him as more than just a funnyman. "There are people in your life who are just supportive and who just look at you and they see who you are," Hewitt told Ellen DeGeneres last year. "And [Jamie] really saw who I was as a person more than anybody had ever done in my whole life. I think that's for me when I sort of went, 'Oh, wow.' "

Source People.com

10. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

OMG I had no idea Melinda Clarke was going to be on....and then Friday...there she was! Sweeeet! :thumbsup:
    Yay! I was so happy! [​IMG]

I'm so glad her daughter went into the Light. That grandma was so dang scary! Yikes!! :eek:
    -------------------
    [​IMG]

11. MesserNMontana

MesserNMontana Victim

Im so sad it was cancelled. it was my favourite show. i watched it every friday with my mom.

12. Destiny

Threads Merged. ;)

13. MesserNMontana

MesserNMontana Victim

i have practically everyone's autograph. Old Ned, new ned, jim x 3, melinda, mel's mom., mel's grandma, aiden, eli