Ghost Whisperer

Okay this was posed in the TVGuide online (If you believe "Ask Ausiello").

Question: Is Aisha Tyler off Ghost Whisperer? Her character, Andrea, died in the finale!

Ausiello: Exec producer Ian Sander says, "If you think you know what's happening next season — think again. With Ghost Whisperer, the possibilities are endless." Aisha's personal publicist, meanwhile, assures me that her client has not been fired. "It's the nature of the show to be mysterious and deal with unique viewpoints," says the rep. "And obviously, it deals with spiritual issues. It may appear one way, but it may or may not be the case." Sounds like Ghost Whisperer may be veering into Touched by an Angel territory next year.

ok when i started watching i thought that it wood be like extremely bad but its actually really good and it like always makes me cry especially when andrea died!!!awwwww!
*wipes a tear*

Hey guys, I've only seen a couple episodes of this show, but the season finale floored me. I was like. "What, I'm just starting to love this character and now she's DEAD?" so I'm glad to hear she won't be off the show. Aisha Tyler's wicked great.

I wonder if maybe she will refuse to cross over or something, and stays around as JLoHew's ghost friend... you never know, after all, she does have a ghost dog :)

Destiny said:
Okay this was posed in the TVGuide online (If you believe "Ask Ausiello").

Question: Is Aisha Tyler off Ghost Whisperer? Her character, Andrea, died in the finale!

Ausiello: Exec producer Ian Sander says, "If you think you know what's happening next season — think again. With Ghost Whisperer, the possibilities are endless." Aisha's personal publicist, meanwhile, assures me that her client has not been fired. "It's the nature of the show to be mysterious and deal with unique viewpoints," says the rep. "And obviously, it deals with spiritual issues. It may appear one way, but it may or may not be the case." Sounds like Ghost Whisperer may be veering into Touched by an Angel territory next year.

i hope so. and according to www.imdb.com her character is still there. i didnt know this before and i was watching it with my mom and we were like wtf

TvGuide Blog Entertainment News stated the following. If we believe it.

In other fall-season casting news, Ghost Whisperer is looking to fill the void left by the season-finale death of Aisha Tyler's character.

TV Guide "Season 2 Preview!"

Ghost Whisperer creator John Gray has inked a new two-year deal with Touchstone Television to continue on as executive producer/show-runner. Assaying the show's freshman-year success, Gray tells the Hollywood Reporter, "We seem to have tapped into some desire and need from the audience to believe that there is more there than you can see." Calling the series a "hybrid of horror and character-driven story," Gray says that for Season 2, "We're very interested in developing our mythology further while staying true to the [formula] — get a good scare and a good cry — that people respond to." Gray, who wrote and directed the season finale in which Jennifer Love Hewitt's Melinda was presented with a plane full of passed-on folk, will do the same for the second-season opener.

Thanks for that peice of info, Destiny. No more Aisha, okay I am ready to cry. Though I would get some pretty strange looks from some of the other campers. Were in a computer lab working on our robots and almost everybody is surfing the iternet.

Hewitt Keeps Spirits Up for 'Ghost Whisperer' Interview at Zap2it, she talks about her character, and the first season, a bit about the second season, promoting her new film, her time on the set and they mention a small blurp about the fate of Andrea (which I snipped below).

<snip>

But will Andrea be seen or heard from again? This is, after all, a show where getting killed doesn't necessarily mean the end. "Maybe," says Hewitt coyly. "For a short period of time."

I would like to know the reason too. It took me this long to realize which character Aisha played (a little slow on the uptake, but I am just watching Season 5 on Spike and haven't seen the entirety of it yet. The last time Season 5 aired on Spike when I was watching it I stopped watching it after Mea Culpa.)

Back