Formula 1

Silhouette said:
What do you think about GP China?

I was surprised at work on Saturday...one of my co-workers, who is in her 60s, likes Formula 1 and she made me look up on the internet the qualifying positions. Man, she looked so happy and excited when I told her Alonso was on pole :lol:

My grandma, she was 87 when she died and she followed the F1 to the end :eek: Seriously, she watched everything. I rember often on Saturdays, when Qualification was...and then we usually went to the store after that and in the car she explained how it had gone. She often had own names for drivers, because foreign names for her were difficult to say.

Did anyone see Kubica's horrible, horrible crash in Canada GP tonite? :eek: oh it looked so bad! Speed was some 300km/h when he crashed :eek: And thank god, he only broke his leg :( :(

Heikki was 4th, yayness :D And my dear Wurz was 3rd <3

Yeah, Ducky, I agree it looked pretty bad. I was glad when they announced that he just had a broken leg because it certainly looked like it could be so much worse.

These racing drivers, sure they get paid a lot of money, but it's a seriously dangerous sport! And this particular GP looked like a bit of a dangerous mess to me, granted I don't avidly watch them so I'm not sure they aren't all this bad, but the safety car seemed to be out for most of the race? :eek:

Anyway, other than that! *Yay* for Lewis Hamilton... :D

It looked so bad, car was totalled! He was moving his hands a bit when the car finally stopped, but then he seemed to stop moving too :S crazy. He was so lucky to get out with just a broken leg. I cant believe the safety car had to come out so much, the drivers seemed to be getting picked off one by one, and I cant believe Alonso was pushed back to 11th, bet he was kicking himself. Hamilton is pretty darn amazing, he's been in the top 3 since he started, that's so impressive, yay for him! :D

i was watching the race when Kubica had the accident. It's unvelievable he didn't get almost any injurie. i just read the he will be in the next race, so he must be fine now.

I can't believe they put a stop and go for Alonso because he had to make a stop during the safety car. And Massa getting out of the race because he did't respect a red light is some kind of crazy. They should change that rule.

Kubica crash was horrific :eek: :eek: its amazing the kind of wreckages the drivers walk away from these days. Well I know Kubica didn't walk because he has broken his leg :p but you know what I mean :p

Silly silly Fisichella and Massa getting Black Flagged for running a red light in the pit lane. Your heart goes out to Kubica even more when you say him waiting behind the two of them for the light to go on green, and then suffers his hourdenous crash.

Even though I'm a McLaren fan, I think Alonso got his just desserts. He lost his head totally and didn't deserve a top 5 finish. I was secretly smirking when Sato overtook him on the penultimate lap :lol: :p

I wish Kimi was still at McLaren. I loved the Coulthard/Kimi partnership and the Coulthard/Hakkinen one before that. McLaren have always been my team :D :D

I have to say I'm smirking openely at Ferrari's current standings. They've shit out big time :D There was nothing worse in the early 00's when they won feckin' everything. I used to jump for joy whenever Schumi had to retire from a race it would make my weekend :D

Saving best til last.........

....LEWIS BLOODY HAMILTON, what a bloody star. To say I was welling up when he crossed the finish line would be a understatement.

I wish Kimi was still at McLaren. I loved the Coulthard/Kimi partnership and the Coulthard/Hakkinen one before that. McLaren have always been my team

Im rigth there with you on it. Im not particulary fond of Alonso, but I like Hamilton and Im so glad he finally won

Im kinda Kimi fan but I dont cheer for Ferrari just out of principle

the crash looked terrible and Im glad it is not that serious

Ferrari are Man Utd of the Forumula 1 world :lol: your either a fan or your hate them :lol: They are no-ones second favourite team.

I'm glad Coulthard is still going. If he was in a half decent car I still think he could be competitive and get on the podium regulary, I was gutted when he left McLaren.

I think the new rule where you can't pit when the safety car us out is pathetic, I can't believe Alonso got a penelty, why did they bring that rule in? <_< I cheered when Sato overtook Alonso though, that made me laugh, yeaaah! :D

carolina said:
I wish Kimi was still at McLaren. I loved the Coulthard/Kimi partnership and the Coulthard/Hakkinen one before that. McLaren have always been my team

Im rigth there with you on it. Im not particulary fond of Alonso, but I like Hamilton and Im so glad he finally won

Im kinda Kimi fan but I dont cheer for Ferrari just out of principle

^^:lol: :lol: Just like I am! I cannot cheer for Kimi, since he drives Ferrari. And I hate Alonso but love McLaren so I just cheer for Hamilton :p

Heikki is my fave <3 he is so great. And what STILL highly annoys me that they refer Nico as "A Finn" even the guy doesn't even speak Finnish. It doesn't matter even Keke is his father, he is German - Not a Finn :rolleyes:

And poison girl , I don't think Kubica drives with broken leg :)

Kubica will be out for a good 8 weeks or more. I remember when Schumi broke his leg *stiffles a laugh* at the British Grand Prix in 1998 :p he lost the tittle to Mika Hak!! :D and McLaren won the constructors *wooooooooop* and David finished second *awwww* I miss those days :(

I love how fans dis-own *so to speak* their native drivers just because they drive for Ferrari :lol: I was the same when Eddie Irvine was Schumis partner @ Ferrari before Barrichello :p Red is just not my colour.

I don't like the style of the new McLaren though. The old silver/grey one with the 'West' logo was so much slicker. Although they never used to win when they looked like that so what do I know?

I hope Alonso ends this season behind Lewis on points, to take that Spanish smug look on his face, although I think its been pretty much wiped off already so far :p *sniggers*

June_85 said:
I hope Alonso ends this season behind Lewis on points, to take that Spanish smug look on his face, although I think its been pretty much wiped off already so far :p *sniggers*
I'm Spanish, I like Alonso and I don't think Spanish have smug faces. You gotta admit Alonso made a great diference in the competition before and after he came. He was some fresh air into the competition, always dominated by Schumi, and after he came, the bosses started believing in young drivers to take the place of the old ones. The problem with Alonso is he wasn't mentally ready to became a bi-champ at his age, but he's one of the coldest drivers in the championship.

I like Hamilton too, he makes a competition interesting, mostly because they are in the same team and McLaren is not one of the teams where they have team orders. I wish for Raikonnen to dome the Ferrary before the end of this season, 'cause I still believe he's one of the best on race. Massa is good, but make some big mistakes he can't repair. Mostly I don't like Ferrary, but I admit they make the competition interesting.

Kubica is really the most lucky man in the world right now. He wants to race again next weekend! I'm so glad he's ok, BMW is my favourite team and I want to finish the race in the points (and on the podium if possible, Nick was great yesterday), not in the wall :eek:

Back