Formula 1

I was happy that Alex finished 4th. :D

IMO the race management should have postponed the race for a few minutes. Everyone knew that there will be heavy rain.
It was a little bit creepy that car after car slipped from the circuit.

That was absolutely a crazy race since what ... Brazil. Loved the parking scene though. Was a sort of déjà vu. Just glad no more big accidents have happened.

Nice race last weekend, if you take out the fact that the comisioners made up some new rules, just to take Alonso out of the pole.

I feel pity for Hamilton, under pression he just acts like a child, blaming his own team for something he did. Alonso did what his team told him to do it, Hamilton was the one who didn't listen the team orders and make them look bad. After that, under the FIA, some cries and blame HIS OWN TEAM, the biggest perjudicated with all this, along with Alonso.

Erm... it's not a new rule if you slow someone down on purpose, you get some kind of penalty.

It wasn't McLaren who decided to drop Alonso and besides, same happened to Fisicella.

Two little things:

1. He didn't stop on purpose. If you stop on purpose, don't cross the line 0.6 seconds before the red lights. It was an order from the wall, where they were looking for the right moment when there wasn't any traffic outside.

2. There isn't any kind of rule anywhere saying how many time you can spend on boxes. It's the first time the FIA made a punishment without saying the rule broken, cause there wasn't any.

Don't give me an attitude, it's just a sport :rolleyes:
I assume you've been reading Spanish newspapers

No matter how much I like McLaren, now they have two very arrogant drivers :rolleyes: And when it gets to that, this is the result. They are both young and very talented drivers and want to win, no matter what and two men like that cannot be in the same team. So I think it's obvious that Alonso won't drive McLaren in the next season and I guess would be better that he'd find another team.

But you cannot blame Hamilton if FIA makes a decision, new rule or not. He doesn't have so much power.

But yeah, back in days when Häkkinen was driving, we saw Ferrari-conspiracies everywhere :p

Sorry, now I noticed I was way too rude... :rolleyes:

I've been reading both spanish and british newspapers, and I can assure you the way the've been handling Hamilton is too soft, even Spanish, trust me.

Hamilton was the one who decided to ignore team instructions, getting in Alonso way in the beggining of Q3, Hamilton decided to make another stop to change his tires just because Alonso was doing it. I don't really think any team would like to send his driver to the calification with all the cars passing by the stop exit, that's logic.

What I don't really will never understand is the reason Hamilton had to testify against his own team, his own partner, when all happenend since the begguining was his fault.

I can tell you Alonso here has a fame for being rude, but what Hamilton did at the press conference, not going after being called, coming late after Ron Dennis left, and after the same Dennis aclarated what really happened, exculpating Alonso. When the kid (sorry, but he acted like one) went to the press conference only said bad things about his team and partner, and everybody has to admit Alonso did very well just ignoring him.

Last news I read Hamilton said Alonso wasn't speaking to him. Oooh! Apocalipsis! If it had been me I would have punched him.

He's afraid of losing his leadership, and instead cool off and try to get the best of him in the races, he's making a intern war inside McLaren just because he's afraid.

Sheesh you're taking this way too seriously, it is just a sport. I don't think you should be blaming Hamilton alone for this though, it was so obvious what Alonso was doing, I reckons he should get punished.

F1 is war these days. First Ferrari vs McLaren, and now a war in the McLaren team as well. I think what Alonso did wasn't smart, but if Hamilton wouldn't have ignored team tactics for qualifying, nothing of this would have happend! I'm pretty sure Hamilton and Alonso won't be teammates again next year. And since Hamilton is a McLaren protegé about 10 years now, I guess it's Alonso who will leave.

If happends what I think will happen, I hope he goes back to Renault. And I hope BMW improve again so we can have a 4 team fight for the title next year. This year is pretty exiting, next year could be even better.

But than it would be interesting to see, if Alonso leaves McLaren, what would happen to Hamilton. Alonso made Renault look better than they were, look where Renault is now? McLaren have profited a lot from Alonso's knowledge. There is no doubt that Hamilton is a very quick driver, but the development Alonso has put in the car, has helped Hamilton a lot, so he could shine from the start. If Alonso's gone next year, McLaren will have a hard time to find a good replacement, who can develop a car as Alonso. I don't think they will fall as much back as Renault has this year, because they will still have Hamilton (and he's a much better driver that Fisichella). But with Ferrari likely to keep the same pair and BMW still developing, they could have a harder team next year fighting for the title.

When McLaren has to find a replacement for Alonso, I hope they pick Rosberg. I deserves a change at a topteam. Button as well, he's talent is wasted at Honda, but I don't like the combination Hamilton/Button.

I'm sorry if it looks like I'm taking this bad, it's just F1 is a true passion for me since I was a child.

I think Alonso won't be next year in McLaren. I was really happy when the news said he was quitting from Renault last year 'cause I think McLaren have more resources than them, but it looks like this isn't his place neither. Alonso has shown he can get the best from all the cars. At this season's very beginning he had a lot of problems because he hadn't adjusted his driving to the new car. This problem now is solved, as we all saw in Nürburgring.

I don't really know where Alonso will be next year, I just hope he gets a team with resources and a good technical support.

About the possible next partner for Hamilton, McLaren has one of the best third drivers of all the teams, Pedro de la Rosa. Last year he was the driver intead Montoya and got a second place. I seriously doubt they'll upgrade him, but he's there, anyway.

EDIT: I just read McLaren will set Alons free by the end of this year. Rumors are he could go back to Renaul in Fisichella's place or Ferrary (Massa).

I don't think Aloso will go to same team with Kimi :rolleyes: Renault would be place for him. Or if Williams would get better car...

Anyways... I hate Rosberg... I hate him more every time someone in media referrs him as "A Finn" :rolleyes: He is German, not a Finn (just like I've said here many times). Of course it's not our his fault media does that.

I think Kovalainen deserves better place to drive, Briatore has been given really bad comments about him :rolleyes:

me <3 Kovalainen

^Haha, the German media never refers to him as a Fin. In fact, I didn't even knew it was part of his heritage until now :lol: I thought he was "just" German.

Jorja_Rain said:
^Haha, the German media never refers to him as a Fin. In fact, I didn't even knew it was part of his heritage until now :lol: I thought he was "just" German.

But he is son of THE FAMOUS world champ Keke Rosberg :rolleyes:
Dude doesn't even speak Finnish :rolleyes:

Annoys me big time!

^I understand :) WEll, just rest assured that the Germans don't hink of him that way. To us, he's the "awesome young German" :p

Jorja_Rain said:
^I understand :) WEll, just rest assured that the Germans don't hink of him that way. To us, he's the "awesome young German" :p

Yes and keep it that way :p

We just like to make these "OMG HE IS FINN BECAUSE HIS GREATGREATGREATGREATGRANDDAD WAS A FINN!" in every case :p

Just like Swedes try to 'steal' our sportspeople, who do well (like when women's national football team was 4th in EC, Swedes made big fuss because half of 'em plays in their league :p :rolleyes: )

Back