Formula 1

DID YOU SEE TODAY'S RACE?

It was in Hungary and I'm a Kimi fan and when that stupid cantrememberhisname braked into him I was like OMG, he got out and it wasn't even his fault!
But Alonzo stayed in. And when HE got out, I started hitting my head into the desk. And it wasn't even his fault either. Their helpers should LEARN how to fix a wheel :rolleyes:

Hey, WillowsWannabe, I'm a Kimi fan too :D

I second you, DaWacko. De La Rosa drives well. And I was hoping Schumi got points too so he could close the gap to Alonso.
Anyway, I've just started watching from last year and is it just me, or it seems in Mclaren if one driver gets podium, the other one would either out or finish but not doing well. It's like a Mclaren curse or something :lol: Like in Hungary, DLR got podium, Kimi out. And it happens a lot last year too.

I heard Michelin won't be in F1 again next year? So all teams would use Bridgestone? Now that's gonna be interesting cuz no different tires that would affect performance.

Aww poor Kubica :( I still don't know how to say his name :lol: Is it 'Koobitza'?

I have no idea how you pronounce it. I heard Koobitza and Koobika. We need to ask him :D.

Kubica's car was underweight, because his tyres were not good anymore. So it more accidental for BMW, but still underweight. Shame for Kubica, but he'll get another chance.

Michelin will indeed be out, so all on the same tyres next year. So I hope their will be more rain next year, so we can see who the best is in the rain (Alonso, Button, Schumacher, Raikkonen or maybe someone else).

i'm Polish and i know how to pronounce it :D it will be "Koobitza" with an accent on "bi". and i'm happy for the latest news, he'll be racing as a third driver till the rest of the season in BMW team. YAY :D

Daisy said:
Both were on intermediates. The biggest difference was that Alonso run on Michelin and Schumacher on Bridgestone. And Michelin had the better tyre today. Alonso, Button, De La Rosa, Kimi, Nick, all runners on Michelin, Ferrari, Toyota and Williams were nowere on Bridgestone.

Hmmm... Salo was commentator and I thought he said in the beginning (when Alonso let Schumi behind) that only Schumi had intermediates. Oh well. So yeah, you could really see the difference between Michelin and Bridgestone when it rained.

And that Räikkönen/Liuzzi .... only saw really bad angle... I mean... wtf? He just went straight there Liuzzi hits the breaks and puff. There's people who shouldn't be on the race :|

Hey, The Liuzzi/Kimi thing was a racing accident, none of them is too blame. Liuzzi did nothing wrong, neither did Kimi, he just couldn't avoid him anymore. It was a shame though. My dad and I have watched the race from the tip of the couch. Go Button!!!!!!! :D

Did anyone else love Speed? OMG, he comes over the boardradio saying he NEEDS normal slicks, he makes a pit stop, gets the slicks and...spins. :lol: OMG he might not be that good of a driver yet, he sure is funny. He slipped from this side of the road to the other, hehe. I was like:

Smooth Scott, smooth. ;)

Oh be still my heart... Kimi is going to Ferrari, it's official.

I wonder what do you guys think about Michael's decision and Kimi's going to Ferrari?

I don't know if I should feel happy or dissapointed. I know the rumour's been going around for a while, but still... I don't think I could cheer for another driver or another team. I can't imagine cheering for Ferrari next year, as much as I love Kimi. I love McLaren, but I'm not gonna cheer on Alonso either...
(No offense, but I was happy when he was out today in Italian GP :p No offense to his fans... I just don't like the guy... I'd rather have Kubica as 3rd)

I know the rumours been going around a lot, but I still held my breath when Michael announced he was going to leave. I sort of wished he'd stay for just one more year. I'd love to see Kimi and him both perform with the same car. Now what's left is just 'what if's... what if you have Kimi and Michael both in Ferrari, who'd win? But we might never know now... I wished the same if Kimi still remained in McLaren, I wanna know who's better Kimi or Alonso, with the same car. I'm curious.

I only hope the best for Kimi though... I'd love to see him beat Alonso next year :D

[offtopic] When Michael won again today, I suddenly remember one of CSI's quotes from CSI:LV, in a scene with Sofia, "Ferrari is always the faster car." :D

Ah well, Michael drove long and if he wins this year, it will be his 8th championship so what a greater way to end your wonderful career?

Then Kimi. I hate Ferrari. So I won't be cheering for him as much as I did now with McLaren.McLaren is very dear to me, as it is to many Finns. I said earlier that I won't even watch if Kimi goes to Ferrari. Thank GOD Renault announced on Wed that Heikki Kovalainen will drive Renault next year, when Alonso leaves :D I love the guy! He is so great and I'll be so excited!

Alonso and McLaren. I cannot support Alonso so I'll probably be cheering only for the other driver. Who it will be, de la Rosa? Then I cheer for him.

Today's race.I was so happy that Kubica was 3rd!
I was eating pizza when Alonso's car went puff and had my mouth full of pizza when I started laughing loud. (almost choked) then I screamed and cheered :p

Silhouette said:
I wonder what do you guys think about Michael's decision and Kimi's going to Ferrari?

hm, I'm not really sad about Michael's retirement.
OK, he is a good driver but he's not really a nice and he's unsociable. I know that Formula One is hard and you can't be frienldly with everyone but some of his actions were beneath contempt.

Kimi - difficult to say. I like him, but I also liked McLaren.
I think he will have my support next year.

so, the current season is very exciting now.
Michael is only two points behind. :eek:
I think he will win the championsship again. :rolleyes:
Alonso makes mistakes, the team makes mistakes and michael is motived.

oh, maybe there are two Austrians next year.
Klien has a chance to sign for Midland.

I still can't get over Kimi going to Ferrari. I'm still pretty much in denial... :( I'd still support him, but it takes time to some getting use to.

As for Alonso... I read what he said about the race yesterday, and that makes me don't like the guy even more. It's not anyone's fault that his car went puff :rolleyes: I can't believe that guy. I am SO not gonna cheer on him, McLaren or not. De La Rosa still in McLaren? Good. GO PEDRO!!! :D I'm growing fond of that guy since Montoya left.

I'm really happy for Kubica though. He deserves that third place :) What's his fate for next year?

I can't believe there's only 3 more chances left to see Kimi in McLaren... but I'm glad Schumi's getting closer to Alonso's points :D (not that I'm a fan of Michael, but like what they say, the enemy of your enemy is your friend :lol:)

Yeah...heard about Michael's retirement over the early morning news today. Honestly, totally okay with it. I heard that he's three points away from Alonso somebody. Heh, sorry. I don't really follow F1. Still, he was a great driver. I just hope he'll at least retire with a flourish: By getting at least second for his last three races or so.

^Two points actually.

I read the accusations that Alonso is throwing in Schumi :rolleyes: what a childish man he is

Ouh! That is close! Makes it kind of a waste that the guy's retiring.

Yeah I know how it feels like to dislike a rider or two when it comes to races. Like that Nicky Hayden guy in Moto GP. Or that Pedrosa. Heh, you would think that young riders have a lot more to offer these days. Ouhh...wrong thread :p.

But...anyway, that's what I think. Hope Schumacher retires a happy dude. ;)

What do you think about GP China?

I was so happy that Kimi had started out great. Overtaking on the first corner. And even got to second after overtaking Fisichella. I just can't believe it when his started slowing down and then he had retired :( What was wrong with the car? I heard it was hydraulics problem?
It was so sad to see him walking all the way back to the pit :( But as a Kimi fan, I'm kinda used to this actually. Especially with last year, it happens a lot that everytime I think 'Don't get happy too soon, anything could happen between now and finish line' even if he's been leading the race, and it's only 1 lap down.

So I guess now I think it's not that bad he's gone to Ferrari. No more reliability issues.

I'm sorry to say that I've turned the TV off after that :lol: (well it was the same time as CSI:Miami, I'd rather see CSI then to see Alonso win again). So I was surprised when I read the news on the internet that Michael won. And now he has the same points as Alonso, YAY!! :D (not that I'm a big Michael's fan, but, you know, I hate Alonso, so the enemy of your enemy is your friend :p :lol:)

Anyway, it kinda hit me. Do you think Fisi had slowed down, on purpose, for Alonso's sake?

Anyone watch A1 GP too? Started today too.
And weird enough, I thought the guy from Mexico looks so much like Adam Rodrigues (Eric Delko from CSI:Miami) :lol:

I was sleeping since it was early morning :p
I saw last three laps and the funny crash in the end between guys from 4th ot 8th place :lol:

Back