Episode #604: 'Bang Bang, Your Debt' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 12, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Re: Episode #604: 'Bang Bang, Your Debt' ***CONTAINS SPOILER

ok, i never do this because i am not really girly, but its speed so i am going to...

*SQUEE*

That was SO GOOD!! I am grinning like an idiot here!! Much better than expected...and i don't read the spoilers so i was shocked at the end with Dan! Although, i am sad that we are going to lose the only canadian cast member...

I liked how it wasn't Horatio centered, he wasn't the main figure, Eric was. Although Horatio was there to give advice. I liked the cool slow mo effects...New York did that this season as well...

Also, being a university with more debt than i will ever be able to pay off, that definatly hit home with me. And its true that credit card companies target students like that.

2. rockyhorror

rockyhorror Victim

This episode was amazing. It actually exceeded my expectations and it's been a long time since this show has done that. I loved the ending with H and Eric at Speed's grave and then it was so sad when Speed walked away. I also loved that Alexx was concerned about Eric as well. And Calleigh was great as per usual. All I can say is wow, great episode. Awwww. Speed.

3. Fbobby

Fbobby Victim

OK Its official. I Actually cried during an Episode of CSI. I never realized how much I missed Speed till I saw this.

4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I don't know if I'm sad, disappointed or mad about Cooper. Wait!!! I do know...I'm all the above. I'm sad Cooper will go to jail, I'm disappointed Cooper would do that and I'm mad...NO I'm pissed at the writers for going in that direction with Cooper. :mad: FIRE THE WRITERS!!! :mad:
    I wreckon since Ryan is not part of the team...for now...they had to find a new whipping boy. Tag, Cooper's it. Like I said: :mad: FIRE THE WRITERS!!! :mad:
    Other than that this was a good episode. Kinda wish Eric had tried to touch Speedle to see if Speedle was real or if Eric's hand would just go right thru Speedle.
    Oh, well. :rolleyes:

5. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

Okay, I only have one question... who cut the brake line? :lol:

I agree with everyone so far on the overall episode; it exceeded my expectations. It was so great to see Speed again. But, the shipper in me was begging for something more to happen between Calleigh and Eric. *sigh*

*anxiously awaits next episode*

6. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

In one word, this ep was Astounding. All night, I was pondering on how it would go down, how he would pop up and say he's been gone for years and now he's back. That would've cheapened it. This was so much better. The subtle way they dealt with Eric's visions, the way he was hesitant to speak about them...Fine writing. Fine writing indeed.

I thought the emotion in this ep was simply fantastic. From Ryan's urgency to getting back on the team, to Alexx's concern over Eric's disposition, I was all over the map with glee. Finally, after all these years, we get to see just how much Speed affected them all.

And the crime...for the most part, it was filler for me, being that I'm a speedfanatic and everything :D But I pegged burn boy from the beginning. Is it me, or does every criminal in Miami scream...well, criminal?

COOPER...In light of the way this played out, I have nothing really constructive or nice to say about him, so...I will leave it alone. "Speedle's dead,...." Yeah, thanks for the news flash, bub. Good on Calleigh for the show of emotion! Again, three years coming...

The last scene... I just about cried my eyes out and heaved my heart....It was so hard to watch him walk away :( The moment at the grave was what I've asked for for what... FOUR YEARS? Glad that they could appease us now..The only thing missing was Calleigh and Alexx...if they'd been there, it would've been just kismet.

Excellent ep, all the way round! Done very well, in my opinion! coughwishformorespeedcough

7. nicky16

nicky16 Dead on Arrival

it was actually an okay epi but im freaking :mad: that cooper has to go and to think they will replace him with that girl arrgghh :mad: but anyweis the scene with jake and cal was weird coz its like season 1 calleigh but she's acting like that coz of jake...

8. tranceraver69

tranceraver69 Hit and Run

i cant even justify a response to tonight's ep. excuse my language but FUCK !!! it was awesome. i was pretty pissed that cooper took the card and the wallet and tried to be a csi. i mean honestly what was he thinking !!. i dont know if anyone remembers the commercials for this ep. but ryan says are you sure he's dead or he's not dead/ thats what he said, so maybe just maybe god will grant us another chance to see speed back one more time lol i hope oh and calleigh is hot!!

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Well that was one interesting ep.

Firstly it was interesting how Speed lead Delko to all the evidence, like he couldn't find it himself. I couldn't help but laugh when Speed was on the screen, there was a slight angelic glow behind his head with the sunshine. It was just something that struck me.

Next was Ryan trying to persue Alexx for a job. He'll hopefully be reinstated soon so I don't know why he was off job begging. But if that's how he wants to be to earn money and not lve off the nasty credit cards then so be it.

Cooper, you are quite the idiot. I used to like you but pulling a stunt like that is one of the worst ways to get attention form your co-workers. Hope you like you time in jail, you'll have plenty of it to think about how not to get a promotion at your job. Oh and don't compare yourself to Ryan, or anyone, ever again. Don't pace the blame on anyone but you!

As for the case it was a bit overshadowed by the rest of the goings on, but it showed the truth. There are many people turing to suicide to solve their problems, thankfully they did a good job on showing how everything can go wrong and what the consiquences would be.

The ending was nice closure for Delko and H. Speed walking away was a bit over dramatic, in my opnion, but was good to have in there.

10. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I don't think they ever said who cut the brake line. :confused: I don't think the kids would have if they were trying to kill themselves with carbon monoxide.

Tonights episode is one of the best so far. It was great to see Speed. They handled it just fine. It was one of the best performances from Adam. I wonder if they were to bring back Speedle how they would do it, since the medicine is suppose to take care of the hallucination.

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I believe it was their first suspect who cut the break line. He was Jessica's boyfriend. (Not the one in the hospital) She had asked him to fix the brake line for the guy in which Horatio assumed it was competition for the lady's heart that inspired the boy toy to cut the wire. The suspect went on to explain how all Horatio had was a fingerprint and H responded with how it's all he needed.

It was a very brief part of the episode, lol.

12. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

Thanks for clearing that up! :lol: I was a bit confused.

*scampers off to re-watch the entire episode... for the third time*

13. tranceraver69

tranceraver69 Hit and Run

i have to ask this question but. does anyone think speed's going to come back at least you know not as a hallucination but as like a real guy? hope ryan gets back in the lab. oh ya and calleigh looked so gorgeus . i love when she wears white. i liked how eric and her got along really good. i know this season is going to better than last season

14. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

I just have to say, this episode reminds me of the song, "Life Without You" by Stevie Ray Vaughan, for any of you blues fans out there.

15. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Wow - this episode was great. It was what I've been looking for for three years now. I never felt they closed out Speedle's death well - the characters kinda moved on, but it was never dealt with. In this episode every character had to confront it head-on, and it was good to see that the fondness and emotions for Speed hadn't left - just as they hadn't left the audience.

I know Rory had one or two eps left in his contract, but I can't help but wonder if TPTB finally heard us Tim Speedle fans and how much we loved and missed the guy - especially after not getting flashbacks in "Man Down."

I loved the interaction between Eric and Speed again - reminded me of the good ol' days. I think it's really interesting that his locker is still there - with his badge, wallet, etc. I mean, why didn't H clean it out? Didn't his parents want that stuff. I don't know, it seemed a little like fanfic to me — especially when I spotted the gun cleaning kit! Did anyone else catch that?

Anyway, Rory was fantastic for the little screen time he had. I really miss that character - he brought realism to Miami that is really lacking now.

I noticed they cut the scene with Ryan asking Cal if Speed's really dead - I was kinda lookin' forward to that. I'm just happy it wasn't Ryan who stole the credit card! Stupid Cooper - he was never my favorite, but he was growin' on me. Oh, well - another lab rat bites the dust. (Seriously, though, why was Speed's wallet still in his locker - like three years later?)

Overall, very touching episode. I would've like to have seen the whole core cast (H, Calleigh, Eric, Alexx) together at the end, mourning speed like they did at the funeral. Calleigh's emotions when she talked to Dan were fantastic, and I liked the scene where she found the credit card, too. Adam Rodriguez played it so well - not shocked to see speed, but happy to the point of near tears. And we got to get a first-hand glimpse of what he was going through - see things through Eric's eyes. If you didn't read the spoilers, you may have thought, as Eric did, that Speed was still alive.

I have to say, H's last line really got me choked up - at least we know they haven't forgotten about our beloved Speed - although this sadly will probably close the book on his character. It gave us a real sense of closure, I think.