Episode #604: 'Bang Bang, Your Debt' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 12, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Re: Episode #604: 'Bang Bang, Your Debt' ***CONTAINS SPOILER

I thought Calleigh cleaned it out in Lost Son...i guess they decided to leave it. I noticed the gun kit! It was kind of sad, because if he used it, he might be alive...ahhh poor speed, but its true that people tend to repeat mistakes.

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

No. In Lost Son, Calleigh came in the locker room where Horatio was and ask Horatio if he wanted help with Tim's things and Horatio declined the offer. Calleigh was bringing the ballistics report on Speedle's gun for Horatio to see before she turned it over to Stetler. I figure Horatio is the one who didn't bother to clean out Speedle's locker. In Under the Influence Ryan took the locker next to Speedle's...the dented, busted locker that wouldn't close right so therefore it wouldn't lock.
    Wonder if Ryan's locker is still in that shape or if Ryan, sometime between the end of Under the Influence and the episode where Stetler fired him, got himself a better locker.

3. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Very emotional episode. It was nice to see everyone still cares about Speedle. As for Cooper, what the $%^ were you thinking. No chance in heck he'll have that CSI job now. I'm taking a wild guess Fehr won't be on the show anymore.

4. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

No more Cooper. :(

I am distraught. DISTRAUGHT!

That's really all I can say at the moment. :(

Of course...if this gets Valera more screen time then I may just have to forgive TPTB.

5. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

This show would be good without Horatio. It would be so good. Damn the day they hired Caruso. Jimmy Smits would've been so much better. Hell, Foghorn Leghorn would've been much better. At least it would've brought the laughs.

Eric: You ever see him?
    Ho: Every day.

No you don't, you egomaniacal asshole, stop making everything about YOU! This is about Eric having medical problems and grieving his friend, but of course, Horatio has to crap all over that moment with his own drama. Alexx or Calleigh there would've been much better. I also wanted Eric to spit on Horatio's face when Horatio was all lecturing him about losing loved ones. Because having known Marisol for 17 days gave Horatio jurisdiction over grieving her, you see, and Eric is but, oh, I don't know, her brother who knew her for 30 years, so it didn't affect him that much. Shut up, Horatio. Thank God he didn't get a lot of screen time.

Horatio: Eric needs to go back to the scene.

Why don't YOU get off your lazy ass and do some work for once? Why does Eric have to do everything on this show? God, he makes me so mad. I hate him to much I get nosebleeds. It's also really, really, REALLY sad that when this show premiered Adam Rodriguez was the weakest link and now he can act crop circles around Caruso. That's the saddest thing in the world. Whatever. Deep breaths.

Oh my god, Natalia's nipples. Damn, woman, rub those things off before you poke somebody's eye out. She's like a fembot. I thought at one point she'd shoot pink gas at Eric.

Every time Frank comes on screen, I wanna rub pool cue chalk over his head.

Ryan: zzZZz. Call me when he starts working for Chuck-E-Cheese.

So many things didn't make sense to me. Why would Speed's family leave all his things behind? Why would they bury him in Miami? Also, when people die, they just don't die. Bank accounts are closed, proper arrangements are made. Are you telling me they just shoved Speed into a hole at the cemetery and everyone just kept walking? WTF? Strangely, these things DO happen, credit card companies have been known to give credit cards to pets. It would've been much simpler if the bank had just screwed up, but I guess it's not CSI Miami without the gaping plot holes. Also, if it were true that when a cop gets shot no one touches his locker, precincts would be full of rooms of unoccupied lockers. The whole thing could've been explained so easily. Think horses, writers, not zebras.

Dan and Ryan should form a crime fighting duo for some Fox comedy about stupid cops who screw up all the time. Natalia could join them as the cooky incompetent but highly superstitious sidekick who predicts crime and the weather with her Powerfully Pert Nipples of Justice. I'd SO watch that!

Okay, so Calleigh found Speed's credit card in the Hummer, nevermind that as a lab tech, Dan wouldn't have access to the Hummer. And then THE VERY SAME DAY DAN HAS THE CREDIT CARD AGAIN, because apparently you can walk into a bank and be all, "yeah, I lost my credit card and I need a new one. My name? Uh... Donald Trump. Yeah, I just had plastic surgery, that's why you might not recognize me. What, sign here? Cool! And I get one right away? Oh, you guys are sweet. Uh, you fired."

Also, why couldn't Dan get his own credit card? And since when does he want to be a CSI?

Could Jake care less about Calleigh's coffee machine squeeage? Calleigh, if you're gonna get laid, at least find someone hot and who you have a bit of chemistry with and who cares about your caffeine fetish. Also, the vest? Why the vest? What prompts a man to walk out the door every morning thinking, "okay, got my keys, my gun, my badge, my wallet, I'm missing something, but what? Oh, wait a second, my VEST! Duh! Wow, that was a close one."

And what kind of hospital lets a patient walk out just like that? Scratch that, what kind of hospital lets a burn victim lay in bed so casually without tending to or wrapping the burnt area with gauze? That's a nasty infection waiting to happen. Then again, this is apparently the same hospital that tended to Marisol's gun shot by making her lay in bed without so much as an IV. This hospital is as ridiculous as Dade University. Does Eric really think that his BRAIN INJURY is going to MAGICALLY go away with MEDICATION? Stop going to that hospital, no one there has an actual medical degree they just watch ER a lot!

Jess bought all kinds of expensive things with her credit card but she couldn't buy some Proactiv?

Why didn't they explain why Brandon and Jess were together? It was in the script. I know they wanna take it slow with E/C, what with keeping the "integrity" of the show intact, and yet rubbing ice on Eva La Rue's nipples before every scene, that's okay? Whatev.

The God: aw, Speed. I didn't expect to be all happy about seeing him again. I never cared about him one way or another, but it brought back memories of how (relatively) good this show used to be. I could almost see Adam and Rory in between takes.

Adam: Dude, this shit is killing me.
    Rory: OMG what are you still doing here?
    Adam: Sigh. *wipes the sweat off his face with a 100 dollar bill* I don't know, dude.

Be free, Adam. Take Emily with you. For the love of God, save yourselves.

6. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Okay, your review actually made me chuckle out loud :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I shall be watchin BBYD when I return home from work this evening so hopefully I can add my thoughts to this thread :p I doubt it will be as colourful as midnight_tiptoes I'm willing to ignore all the plot holes and innacuraces and just be content with Mr C's presence :cool:

7. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

I'll admit; I thought Speed was coming back for real, especially when Eric called the credit card company and found the card was active. Yes, I thought he was alive even though Speed's death was one of the most unfakable deaths ever.

To see Cooper using Speed's card... it made me angry. I felt betrayed. That's good writing.

However, it wouldn't be me if I didn't have a numbered nitpick list in one of my replies:

1. Brake fluid flash point - 400 degrees. Catalytic converter surface temp - 600 degrees. Believable, if they had shown the brake fluid coming into contact with the catalytic converter - they didn't; they showed the puddle on the ground catching fire.

Couple things about the puddle on the ground catching fire. One, air is a lousy heat transfer medium. You can't put your hand in a pot of boiling water without scalding yourself severely, but you can reach into a 450 degree oven to get your pan full of tater tots without needing the burn unit. I don't believe the brake fluid was close enough to the cat to catch fire.

Which brings me to point two - it didn't catch fire! It was still pooled under the Range Rover, in liquid form! There was only one cut in the brake line, so there would have only been one pool under the car. Unless I'm wrong.

2. I hope I never get injured if I ever travel to Miami. The boy from the RR couldn't have been twenty feet away... with the fire department and the first units on scene, NO ONE noticed him until H took off the sunglasses?

3. How exactly does a burn-victim-plus-suicide-attempter get unsupervised to that degree? The boy's room was practically a glass box. Forget how he got out; how did he get back IN without being seen? Was it the same hospital as last season, where no one did ANYTHING when Marisol coded?

4. Not to mention, where did the kid pick up a sniper rifle? Where did he get the training to account for the wind when taking his shot? And know that Keith (the guy with the ventilated forehead) would be pushing credit cards at the college? Granted, Keith wasn't all that smart - he tried pitching a credit card to Callie when a. He knew the cops were looking into him and b. her badge was quite visible on her belt.

5. Please, TPTB, give Ryan his job back, soon. This is starting to drag.

6. "Where's Valera?" "She's in the locker room." What, you couldn't have worked one more scene into this episode? I don't ask for much... :D (Okay, that one should have been on my pipe-dream list rather than a nitpick list.)

Further profound observations as they occur.

8. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

I saw your review right after posting my own. I have so much to learn from you when it comes to CSI-reviewing. Are you taking students? :)

9. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Your coherent logic has no place on this show, dear sir [​IMG]

Just drink and smoke a lot and be bitter. Get a salamander.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: Well, Eric did ask! And Horatio was the one who was with Speed when he died. But yeah, it didn't need to be about Horatio. I would have prefered to see Calleigh there since Eric resisted telling her the whole time what was up.

So like in two episodes? :lol: Ryan's neverending quest for a job amuses me. :lol: Poor Ryan. I feel your pain, man.

I know, but for a Miami episode, this one made more sense than most.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I could be wrong, but I thought Delko had the card and Dan had gotten a duplicate? That was a bit confusing.

Since Brendan Fehr decided to leave the show or the show decided to drop him. ;)

I actually thought that was kind of cute, though when she was going on about it, his reaction made it clear that in like 3 episodes he's going to have Commitment Issues. :rolleyes: So predictable.

That was my reaction, too. I got all nostagic.

ROTFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Mighton, I figured I'd add one more to your list.
    7) After confronting Brandon and he confesses, H rips into him, saying nobody deserves to die. I guess he forgot that when he and Delko went down to Brazil to kill Antonio Ruiz. Keith might not have killed Jessica like Ruiz killed Marisol but he sure as heck helped drive her too it. One would think H would be a little more understanding than a complete judgemental hyprocrite.

12. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Exactly - a point that has irritated me since Season 4's 'Driven' (I think that's the correct episode - Season 4 is such a blur to me) when Horatio insisted that Eric processed the crime scene while he (H) visited Marisol in hospital.

Brilliant review by the way Carol. It had me giggling over my cornflakes this morning! :D

13. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Wow! It may not be H/Y action but Miami has stepped up it's game this season. Loved this episode and pretty much everything about it. Kept me engaged and the scene with Eric/Calleigh/ and ?Coop? was awesome and totally unexpected for me. Don't know if there were spoilers about it but I was clueless and it was cool. Also the last scene between Eric and H at Speed's grave was soooo touching and well done. Loved it. Keep up the good work, Miami!

14. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:lol:
    Great Episode. Seeing Speed was a particular satisfaction.
    :)
    More importantly, Eric's response was excellent and true. :cool:Horatio's sensitivity shone through once again, the team's response was pretty good.

Perfect? Of course not. Holes that weren't plugged? Yep. Still, all in all, a show worth watching, in my opinion. :p

Keep up the fine work, cast and crew. A terrific outing!

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:lol: :lol:

Like others said, this episode offered up some nostalgia which I loved. The episode definitely made more sense than others (What an embarassment season four was) and I hope next week the writer's don't disappoint.

I can't believe I've seen this episode three times. Bleh, I think my love for this show has almost re-kindled. They finally did something right. This might be the last time this show makes some sense, so revel in it! :p

*sigh*