Episode #604: 'Bang Bang, Your Debt' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 12, 2007.

1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Re: Episode #604: 'Bang Bang, Your Debt' ***CONTAINS SPOILER

When I saw Eric's reaction finding out what Dan did and Calleigh saying how hurt her and Eric were by his actions, that scene got to me too! The ending got to me the most though, seeing them at Speed's grave talking about him, then Eric seeing Speed walk off, it was so sad!

Don't get me wrong, I love Ryan and I hope to see him back with the team soon but I would like to see Rory back again. I know it is impossible to bring him back from the dead but just to see him once a while, it would be nice.

2. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

midnight_tiptoes...I love reading your episode reviews, they're always so entertaining. :D

Plot holes aside, this was a very good episode in my opinion. Of course I could still be on a Speedle high, lol--I literally just now finished watching it. It was so wonderful to see Rory back as Speed even if it was just for a few moments. I loved the way him and Adam fell into the same rapport they had before, as others had mentioned it made me feel very nostalgic for the eariler seasons. Yay Speed!

Adam Rodriguez proves once again that he is one of the most underrated actors on television. He was simply amazing in this episode.

Emily Procter also got a chance to shine not only in the scenes with Eric, but also in the lighter scene with Jake, and especially during the Cooper confrontation scene.

Speaking of Cooper...I knew from reading the spoilers that this was more than likely to be Cooper's last episode and had an idea as to what might happen, but I still don't like the fact that it had to be Cooper. I always liked the character, and was disappointed that he was written out of the episode this way. Ah well...all the best to Brendan Fehr in his future endeavours.

Ryan...I'm on the fence here. I'm ready for him to be reinstated, but also appreciate the fact that it's not being made to easy for him. Lends a tiny bit of credibility to the show.

Random things: I wish Khandi Alexander could get more screentime, and I'm still not used to seeing Tripp in that uniform and with his head shaved.

In review: I really liked this episode, and Yay Speed! :D

3. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Yes, somethingsdont, there is a point to the character Jake. It's to TORTURE us CSI: Miami fans. The people in charge of casting CSI: Miami and the writers of CSI: Miami are doing an experiment. They wanna see how much TORTURE-(Jake)-we'll take before we dump the show-(CSI: Miami)-like a hot potato and switch to one or both of the other 2 CSI shows-(CSI, CSI: NY).
    I hate Stetler but everytime I see Jake I actually start wishing Stetler were around and would find something on Jake that would not only get Jake fired but cause Horatio, Calleigh, Eric, Ryan, Natalia, Alexx, Valera and Frank to all run Jake out of Miami and out of the state of Florida.
    I just gave myself an ideal for a Quotes You WON'T Hear post. :devil: I'll come back and edit this post by adding a link to my Quotes You WON'T Hear post when I get it done. ;)
    It's a little too long for Quote You WON'T Hear so I'm gonna put it in fanfiction instead. Soon as I do, that link I promised will appear. :D
    Now here is that link: JAKE MUST GO!!!

4. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I think Calleigh and Eric trying to talk about Speed was a pretty big step for the two of them. They used to be like brother and sister and now it's like Eric is afraid to trust her.

On the bright side it was so wonderful to see the playful banter between Eric and Speed again. The team needs to become as close as they used to be. They need to feel like a family again.

By the way I'm new here and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!!!

5. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

does anyone know the name of the song at the end of the episode when eric is at speeds grave

6. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Well, I normally don't read spoilers (oh who am I kidding, of course I do...) but hey, SPEED! So I did. By thw way, Carol, your reviews are the epitome of awesome. They always make me laugh. Seriously. I think I need to become more bitter...but then again, I kinda already am when it comes to watching this show at the moment.

Anyway, I was thinking. If Brendan Fehr is leaving (someone said that...is he actually leaving?) Then maybe Tyler can return from wherever he was hiding for the 3 years that they expected us not to notice. Heh, maybe next week Eric will start having visions of Tyler and then it will be revealed "Nah dude, Tyler's not dead. He's hiding in Brazil with Ray Jnr, Susie and Madison" eh, well, I still have hope that he'll be back one day!

And yeah. SPEED! can't wait to see this episode, desite the gaping plot holes, if it is only to see Speed again.

And you know, maybe I'm just biter because Speed and Tyler were two of my favourite characters (well, Tyler was my favourite lab tech) and TPTB essentially made them both disappear and hoped we wouldn't notice. After Speed, it was essentially like he never was (mentioned, that is) and Tyler just disappeared one day.

And I know y'all still don't like Jake. Well, after watching majority of season 5, I still like him better than Natalia. And from what I've read, that doesn't change. Woo, what fun.

Oh well, I'm still looking forward to seeing this ep.

(ETA: and yes, I know some of that wasn't really on topic for this thread. I thought I'd just put it all in one post instead of bumping up a few 7 month old threads...)

7. britlarencaruso

britlarencaruso Victim

did it make anyone else mad when they found out Cooper was using Speed's card???

cuz i dunno, but i kind of wanted to throw something at the tv cuz, i mean sure, on the "lost son" episode you can clearly see that Speed is dead, but one does like to hope that maybe they could have faked it like they did Horatio's brother Raymond.

It really made me mad, I think Eric should have taken him down to the ground. A fight I'd love to see.

But I still, til this day can't watch the "lost son" episode. It makes me cry.

but i agree with somethingsdont. Because that brandon kid was REALLY REALLY dumb.

8. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I was furious when I found out what Cooper did!!! He acted like what he did was no big deal. I seriously felt like punching him SO hard. The look on Eric's face when he found out was heartbreaking. Cooper's actions gave Eric false hope that Speed was still alive and coming back. He basicallly lost his best friend all over again. Hopefully they put Cooper away for a long time. He doesn't deserve anyone's forgiveness or sympathy.

9. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

At most, Coop would get a few months jail time but given that the main victim of the fraud is dead, it won't go anywhere

10. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

midnight_tiptoes :lol: Hilarious review.

I missed about eight minutes of the show due to televison issues, but I came back in as Speed and Eric were finished talking, so I don't have everything in here.

Well, I don't know where to begin. Of course my expectations were extremely high and for once, I wasn't so let down. As with every single post-season 3 episode it had a few problems but I'd have to say that for Miami, this rocked.

The case. It was pretty believable, something Miami has never done. Two college kids get in over their head with debt (which actually happens, go figure, they decided to come back to planet Earth) and decide to kill themselves to escape it (which...it a bit overexxagerating if you ask me. Whatever, it's CSI and someone has to die)

I loved when Brandon told Horatio that he wanted more than anything to be alive after he got out of the car. It was sad that people realize they don't want to die after it's already too late, and only the fact that he was a killer as well prevented me from feeling pity for him. But anyway, good case.

Poor Ryan. I don't like how he keeps jumping from job to job. It's getting old, like Geni said. Either he stays on the show and becomes a CSI again or he gets the boot, but this dancing in circles crap is getting tiring and I'd rather focus on how great he is with the team. I personally want him to stay on the show because of how much I love his character but if it's going to be the whole '*sob* hire me' stuff every week then whatever, Togo can do better than that.

Speed! I loved his return to the show. The inner struggle Eric went through was displayed beautifully, and Adam did an amazing job portraying his emotions. It was totally believable. The way he held back from the team but yet was so sure of himself and the fact that Speed was alive by the time he discovered his credit card was great.

And Rory. I missed his dialogue scene and will see it online at a later time, but I still thought he was breathtaking. Seeing Speed again honestly made me the happiest CSI fan in the world. I take back every single bad thing I said about Donahue and TPTB after last season. Three out of four episodes where I wasn't let down, so this season is off to a good start.

The fact that they even brought up Speed's death made me believe that this show has some potential left in it. Continuity, continuity. Horatio and Eric's talk in the locker room and at the end of the episode were wonderful, because it showed how much they really do miss him and that no one has forgotten about him.

As Luce said, this brought up the fact that Horatio sent Eric to process a crime scene while his little sister died and Horatio got to sit with her, while he had hardly known her. I don't dislike Horatio, but I think that that was a major mistake on the writer's part because everything else they'd given us on him, as in the kind of person he is/was, contradicted what he did to Eric. I wish that would have been left out of this episode.

But Horatio was there with Speed when he died, so I think that gives him a bit of a right to talk about it. Honestly, Eric and Speed were closer, but they're both missing him constantly and Horatio having seen Speed die affected him, and for someone to day 'he's alive' is probably not easy to hear. I loved that scene.

Aw, Cooper. I knew it was going to happen from spoilers but it didn't make it any better. I loved Cooper, always have, but what he did was compltely wrong. Not just is it illegal, but morally, it's disrespectful. Speed was more of a hero than Coop ever was, and to take something that was his is just wrong. Shame, Coop. Calleigh's expolsion at him was perfect though.

'Don't you think Eric was hurt? Don't you think I'm hurt?'

This is why I love Calleigh.

Goodbye Coop, we'll miss you.

And the last scene. I'll admit it, I cried a little bit. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that it was late and I was exhausted, but I cried. Horatio and Eric's discussion was beautiful, and I loved the line:

'Do you see him too?
    Every day.'

It shows how everyone suffers from the loss, and while it's been dragged up for Eric yet again, and painfully, Horatio misses him too. And seeing Speed on the hillside was the perfect finish. I think that Eric needed something like this to happen, because it brought him a sense of comfort even though it made him realize that he has some brain damage (which isn't comforting). Seeing Speed, or even a hallucination if him, must have made Eric feel not so alone, and talking about him should have helped as well.

All in all, a great episode with some plotholes, but I'll get over it. Seeing Rory and that last scene was enough. :D

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I just watched this episode and I've to say this is one of the best episodes ever since season 1-2
    A lot of scenes were fantastic
    I loved Calleigh..she really looked like the "cheerful one"
    *starts crying as it was Speed who told these words*
    I loved the coffee machine one ....how Cal pronounced "Macchieito" and "capuccciino" ...it was fantastic for me..an Italian :lol: it really cracked me up :lol: and I didn't find Jake offensive...he was laughing and also Cal was laughing :lol:
    The scene where Cal finds Tim's credit card...it was funny :lol: (Calleigh arguing with the seat belt really cracked me up :lol: ) and so sad at the same time *starts crying*
    I found Emily's performance great...she knew when to be funny and when to be professional and serious...the scene in the bar aaawww....I can't comment it *picks up a box of cleenex and starts crying again*....Calleigh's words really opened my heart :(
    SPEEEDDD.....AAWWW...although it was for just a moment when he talked to Eric I cried like a fountain :( ...
    The last scene with Eric and H at Tim's grave AAWW...the flashback to the funeral with the sad faces of H and Cal...
    *she goes on sobbing and cying in peace*
    Eric..he really scared me :eek: ....and he didn't explain his hallucinations to Calleigh...he just ignored her questions for all the day...I didn't like it :(
    ps: I'm pretty sure they could change the wardrobe..I mean Eric's shirts are so blaaahhh...and I don't even want to speak about Jake's vest..I mean the vest?...How could you dress such a hot guy :devil: with...A VEST :eek: ? :confused:

I like how CSI:Miami is improving with its episode....they are improving episode by episode ;) I love it :D

12. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Ok, I loved the epi. The emotions were sky high and it was great!

One thing, didn't they clean out Speed's locker? I distinctly remember Calleigh asking Horatio if he needed help clearing out Speedle's things. Or am I imagining that?

See you managed to cut the EC out Lucy... Come to the E/C thread if ya wanna read it with it all in. Sigh, we love Lucy, she keps us entertained with her great and rather honset reviews. :D

What's the next epi called?

Jodie

xx

13. timspeedlefan

timspeedlefan Prime Suspect

I totally agree with you. I was furious with Cooper for taking the credit card. And then some of the things that he said like he didn't think it would hurt anyone. I wanted to crawl through the tv and slap him. lol. Heartless jerk. :mad:

When the credit card part came up, I really and truly was hoping that Speeds death was a fake and he was back. (wishful thinking on my part), but sadly it was not to be and I knew Speed wasn't coming back, just couldn't help but wish he was. :(

14. shortea

shortea Rookie

Yes it did. If I wanted to punch him in the head.
    And I love Cali she can be a sweetie , but you mess with
    her or anyone on her team. Boy can she get mad.
    Cooper luckly she a cop and Eric too. I think he would
    beem down on the floor bleeding if they weren't...

And Maybe thats another reason Speed was around.
    Think of it beside helping Eric sholve the case of
    the burn out car, It was to let someone know what
    Cooper was up to.

15. Gaby

Gaby Rookie

arghhh wat just happend to delko? is he dead?