Close to Home

I finally got to watch it. I loved it. I was really surprised Annabeth was allowed to stay on the case as close to it that she was. Wow what a twister it turned out to be.

The guy accepted 7 yrs, but the JUDGE gave him 4 for killing her husband, all because he was very sorry, and now he is appealing it, I hope Maureen nails him in the appeal.

Destiny said:
The guy accepted 7 yrs, but the JUDGE gave him 4 for killing her husband, all because he was very sorry, and now he is appealing it, I hope Maureen nails him in the appeal.

I do to. I thought that was ridiculous to begin with. What did the boy get forkilling that man? 14 yrs? I don't remember. I thought it strange the guy who killed Annabeths husband only got 4 yrs and the kid got more. Talk about lousy justice.

I agree. "Spoiler from Futon critic"
Annabeth seeks the death penalty for a man who takes justice into his own hands by attempting to gun down his son-in-law after he is acquitted of murdering his daughter; however, he misses his target and accidentally wounds defense attorney Doug Hellman and kills his associate. -- The case takes a turn when Annabeth discovers that the initial murder trial of the son-in-law may have been mismanaged by someone in her department. During the investigation she also learns her friend, defense attorney Doug Hellman, who was injured during the shooting, may have known that the case was mishandled but did nothing to stop it.

WOW!!!! What a great ep. I cried the whole time. I can't even imagine grieving for my own daughter then turning around & grieving for a daughter you took from someone else. WOW. If the prosecutor had done his job oh my none of that would've happened. Also the defense. I guess i understand to a point why but then again no I don't. Doug did well giving Annabeth the info he did but, it won't bring Kelly back. Very intense ep. More I see DJE on this show the more it suits him.

Likewise..WOW!!! great story..talking about peeling off layer after layer of surprises..so many characters involved..and who is the lady defense attorney.. she look's so familiar, can't place her :( and Jennifer Finnigan has class so refined.. and a good actress. ;)

Did anybody recognize the actor who played the coroner involved with coverup of the "drowning" death? Older viewers might remember William Schallert as the father on the Patty Duke Show, the old admiral on Get Smart, as well as his many other appearances on Waltons, ER, Hawaii Five-O, Little House, Dobie Gillis, Mission: Impossible, CHiPs, The Torklesons, Lois & Clark, and of course Federation Undersecretary Nilz Baris in the Tribbles episodes of the original Star Trek and DS9. I haven't seen him for quite awhile, but he is still going at 84 years young.

In the new TV Guide Dec. 11-17.. there's a hugh article about David James Elliott..big color pictures.. and

and he won't be taking his shirt off!!
pick up a copy and you can read the whole thing!!! ;)

Another winning story.. a father who killed his wife..and for years, let the son think he'd done it :( unthinkable.. the guy (son) was so messed up, and the thing that left me puzzled, the ending, vague.. did he kill his niece? also good to see Richard Roundtree again,, good actor ;) this show really hold ones interest!!!

What a nice twist at the end finding out it was the dad & not the son. I just can't believe he allowed his son all those yrs to think he'd killed his mother. That's not love but pure selfishness. RR has always been a good actor & I was happy to see him again.

omg why did they kill off Annabeth husbands the idiots he was the eye candy of the series, cant wait til series 2, over ere in the UK it doesnt start til 2007

Spoiler From Futon Critic

Annabeth prosecutes a man for "road rage" after he kills another man whom he claims attacked him after they got into a traffic altercation. David Eigenberg ("Sex and the City") guest stars as the defendant. Although the defense claims that their client acted in self-defense, his story doesn't correspond with the evidence in the case, leaving Annabeth to believe that the defendant is hiding something. Meanwhile, Maureen appeals the vehicular homicide ruling for the drunk driver who killed Annabeth's husband.
Annabeth prosecutes a malpractice case involving an anesthesiologist who is accused of murder after her patient dies on the operating table during a routine surgery. The medical malpractice suit becomes a criminal case after the victim's husband doesn't accept the medical board's ruling that the death was an accident. Annabeth tries to convince the judge and a jury that the doctor intentionally killed the victim because she blamed her for not being accepted into an exclusive country club.

Back