Close to Home

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by HoratioAndMe, Oct 5, 2005.

1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

You're very welcome CSI_Dani. Hope you enjoy it. Rumors are flying once again it may be cancelled. Came close at the end of S1. JF real life boyfriend Jonathan Silverman is suppose to guest star on the show sometime also. No love interest between the characters though.

2. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Oh really? Cancelled?! Wow, never expected it...I mean, I supoosed it could be a popular show there. At least I think it is really cool...Maybe not for winning an Emmy to the best series, but even though, a good one..Do you know the reason?

3. katpin31791

Not doing well in the ratings I suppose. That's normally the reason why.

4. gregsandersluver

gregsandersluver Lab Technician

i think its really good omg i cried like a baby wen annabeth lost her husband at the end of series 1 :(

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The problem with the show is that IMO they are getting away from the concept of the show, while making it look like they are maintaining it. The concept is that it can happen in YOU'RE back yard, all those who say "it won't happen to me.. well guess what". Now its mainly sports, the high society, no longer the middle class, and the closing of seeing annabeth with her baby when was the last time we saw that and how many, not much and been a while.

Granted they are stretching out the appeal the killer of her husband made about the breatherlizer but geez, while DJE was a good actor to cast I perferred the other procutor before him, DJE's Character would have been better as a private eye. But thats my opinion.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I just watched this (taped it last night) and the old "date rate" drug.. RUFFIES.. and this guy decides to come clean after 11 years. and impicates another guy in the mix.. so he goes to prison, and the other creep gets off :mad: strange and unsettling.. the creeps lawyer was good acting.. such a snake :( I hear from the TV Guide that in real life Jennifer Finnigan's beau, Jonathan Silverman will be appearing, I just hope they don't cancel this show, it's in a good time slot for Fri. night 9 pm ;)

7. katpin31791

I finally got to watch it. Very unusal for a rapist to apologize for a rape. I figured the other guy would get off. Not enough on him. I love DJE to death & to me he's done a fantastic job but............since they've changed the format of the show it hasn't been like it was the 1st season. I hope CBS doesn't cancel it though. I love the show.

8. Desertwind

This was a good story, although, it seemed so familiar, I believe this was based on an actual true story, the snaky lying brother, did this horrific crime, and his mom, in denial, till the end, and the other poor brother, so shut out of the picture..sad. Mel Harris , good acting job. and Jonathan Silverman, Anabeth's real life squeeze, wasn't in it that much, I sure do like Maureen, she's awesome!! and the creepy underworld bro-in-law buying her a drink at the end EWWWW.. :eek: like stalking her..always good. I hope they pick this up for next season ;)

9. katpin31791

It was an awesome show wasn't it? I couldn't understand why the momn would finger him then say no he didn't? WOW!!!! Talk about being in denial. It was great.

10. Desertwind

Well, beings I'm a mom, LOVE, would be why.. you just can't shake that off.. it's a basic instinct ;) he was a real rat.. couldn't have cared less. bad apple.. maybe she'll finally come to the conclusion, but she'll still love him and always wonder WHY?

11. Desertwind

Another good one that Anabeth lost.. the 'dirty cop' what's his name? I missed the opening credits.. he ruled all the other cops,[drink from the cup] and killed his partner :( and no one could do anything.. and the cop who seemed very interested in Anabeth, their cute together ;) he even spent the night to guard her! TO BE CONTINUED :eek:

12. katpin31791

I loved the ep but what stinks is she'll never be able to try him again, at least fo rthe murder of the cop. However for the girl yes. I thought it was so sweet also that the cop stayed with her to protect her. Was glad DJE put his foot down and decided not to make it a political issue after all. At the beginning I thought he was being a real jerk. Can't wait for the conclusion.

13. Destiny

I loved the fact that they went back to the root of the show, "Close To Home" as in ones own backyard, just where you didn't think it could happen, proved once again that yeah it can.

14. Desertwind

Eric Stoltz.. that's hie name.. what a big RAT.. EWWWW, talk about getting ones hands dirty :mad: he's was up to his eyeballs in filth.. so many digging and sifting events.. absoutley interesting.. and YIPPE Anabeth has a 'new interest' he's cute, and how he came through for her, and the end.. KISS :p yeah!! always good..

15. Destiny

Season Finale 5-11-07 from the "Futon Critic".

IN THE MIDST OF THE POLICE CORRUPTION CONSPIRACY SCANDAL, THE D.A.'S OFFICE IS ROCKED BY THE DEATH OF ONE OF THEIR OWN, ON THE SECOND SEASON FINALE. -- While the D.A.'s office attempts to put an end to the web of police corruption plaguing the city, the case takes an unexpected turn when someone close to them is murdered. -- 'Eric Stoltz' Reprises his Role as Chris Veeder, A Dirty Cop Accused of Murder.