Close to Home

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by HoratioAndMe, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Another problem is that two seasons are usually not enough for a show to go into syndication (reruns on local channels or cable networks). 44 episodes just might not be enough unless a program director really liked the show. That probably only leaves DVDs for the fans.

2. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I just don't see why it couldn't have gone another season but..................that's CBS's loss. I agree Dynamo1 not enough seasons for syndication & Lord knows how long we'll have to wait for DVD's. *sobs*

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Even the show had to admit that this season they changed some of the cast to try and save the show bringing in DJE was suppost to do that. The problem was IMO that they moved away from the reason for the shows concept, until the last few eps of the show. While its fine to branch out, they missed the mark again IMO this season.

Not to mention the fact that they felt the need after one season to do a cast change like that just felt like they had no faith in the cast they set the show up with, and that they felt that DJE as good as he is, would be the saver of the show.

I can't say I didn't see this one coming and I didn't even pay attention to the ratings, to me it was like a revamp gone bad.

4. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Was that Close to Home's series finale? I didn't want to
    see Maureen to die. Annabeth is my favorite character, but it hasn't been that long since her husband's death. She got over it really fast. I did not like the finale. I was not prepared for a character death. I hate character deaths ever since the second season finale of NCIS where Kate died.