Close to Home

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by HoratioAndMe, Oct 5, 2005.

1. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

This show premiered last night on CBS at 10PM. I believe this is certainly another winning series to put on Jerry Bruckheimer's list (Without a Trace, CSI shows, Cold Case).
    I also discovered that the actor Emilio Estevez directed the pilot episode and will be doing so for an unannounced amount of time. He is also credited with directing two episodes of CSI: NY (episode 1.18 "The Dove Commission" episode 1.22 "Closer, The") and two episodes of (2.06 "Sleepover, The" episode 2.15 "Wishing")

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I watched it last night and I really liked it, even though most of the plot of the pilot was given away with the 4 and a half minute promo.

It needs lots more of Christian Kane though, my God he's so hot. ;)

3. KatieHeartsCSI

KatieHeartsCSI Pathologist

Sorry....But, I thought it sucked. It's supposed to be a crime show (from what I saw) and I sat through the first 10 minutes about her talking about her kid and how she had to breast feed her. Turned it off after like 10 minutes. No thankyou.

4. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Rookie

I didn't catch it so I can't comment if it was bad or good. I thought about watching it but then again I feel like I have too many shows I'm watching now so I don't wanna put another one on my list.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I liked it. It was too bad. I bet it will get a full season. :D

6. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Hyped it up too much. I really didn't care for it. I might watch another eppisode to give it a chance but I just didn't like any of the characters.

7. 9dots4lines

9dots4lines Lab Technician

I thought it was good. "I do, and I will."

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought it was pretty good. I've been a fan of Jennifer Finnegan ever since she played Devan in Crossing Jordan. I think it's interesting how her character has a normal family to go home to; in other shows, I've noticed that the female lead character tends to be single and "married" to their work.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

The pilot is being reaired tonight at 8pm EST, if anyone else is interested in giving the show a try.

I know I will be watching this Tuesday.

10. Shyone092481

Shyone092481 Dead on Arrival

I watched both episodes and liked the show. This is one of the few shows that I will be watching this fall.

11. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Both episodes have been great! Isn't it just like me to have too many shows to watch on my plate? :lol:

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I watched last nights episode and thought it was great. Both storylines were excellent, Maureen was actually more fleshed out by her storyline last night and I found that i like her. I was half afraid that they were going to stereotype her too much and make her the resentful, driven, married to the job coworker/boss that the previews had claimed. Glad to see some character development for her.

There was only one teensy gripe in the overall episode for me: Annabeth's husband was not in it enough. I want to see more of Christian Kane, preferably sans shirt...

13. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I'm glad I searched Close to home and found this or I'd of started my own

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Found this on TV Guide.com in the Breaking News section. Looks like the Friday night move has saved the show because the move is now permanent.

From TVGuide.com:

15. lizzy635

lizzy635 Hit and Run

Thanks for the news,Eibhlin. I am really happy about it.