Catherine Family issue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by sarahSidle1981, May 10, 2007.

1. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Part Twenty-Three
    Catherine was sit at her desk in her office finish up her case paperwork. When Gil just walk into her office without knock. and give her a mean look as he look at her desk and see she still work on her case paperwork. Catherine look up at Gil, then lean her head back against her desk chair and close her eyes.

Gil: Catherine you know that the case paperwork was due at the begin of the shift, why are you still work on your.
    Catherine: (eyes still close) Between work several case at once, help Lindsey take care of Kevin, and not feel good I just have not had time to finish.
    Gil: You should of find the time Catherine!
    Catherine: I start work on it this morning, but then I get really sick to my stomach so I stop and lay back down to you made me come into work.
    Gil: being sick does not get you out of your paperwork been due, you still need to get it done on time.

Just then Sarah walk into Catherine office and look at Gil then at Catherine.

Sarah: I hate to break up you argument, But Dr. Robbins want to see use in the coroner lab about the bodies in are Homicide case right away.
    Catherine: ok
    Gil: oh no you don’t Catherine you need to finish you paperwork

Catherine pick up the case files and hands then to Gil. Then her and Sarah walk out of her office leave Gil stand there. Half way to the coroner lab Catherine put her hand over her mouth and run into the closes women restroom. Sarah run after her to find Catherine kneel in front of a toilet get sick. Sarah walk up behind her and pull her hair out of her face and hold it back till Catherine stop get sick. Sarah then help her up and over to the sink Catherine rinse her mouth out with some water and throw some cold water on her face and then dry her face off with a paper towel. Sara and Catherine then head out of the restroom and walk right in to Dr. Robbins.

Dr. Robbins: I was just come to look for the two of you. So I could tell you the cause of death of your three victims, before I head home.
    Sarah: your shift not over.
    Dr. Robbins: I know that Sarah, but I’m going home sick along with David, the day coroner come into cover for David and me..
    Catherine: (lean against the wall with her eyes closed) how was the victims kill?
    Dr. Robbins: all three of them was shot in the back and the bullet hit the heart.
    Sarah: ok, is that all
    Dr. Robbins: no, but her the files with the rest of what I find, I’m not up to going through all of it, so you can read the file for your self.
    Sarah and Catherine: Ok and thank

Dr. Robbins heads toward the main door of the lab and Catherine who was lean up against the wall slid down the wall and sit down on the floor and bring her knee up to her chest and rest her head on them. Sarah bend down next to her and feel her forehead again.
    Sarah: Catherine I think you need to go home, you run a really high fever.
    Catherine: No, I want you to take me to the ER, I need to see a doctor, I been sick like this now for two and half week now.
    Sarah: Cath way have you been say to all of us that you was better then?
    Catherine: I do not want to worry anyone, and Lindsey need me to much, So I just tough it out.
    Sarah: Can you stand up on you own?
    Catherine: no I’m to weak.
    Sarah: hang on a sec

Sarah pull her cellphone off her hip and dial Gil number. He answers right away because it Sarah number.

Gil: Sarah what wrong?
    Sarah: calm down, I’m fine
    Gil: then what up?
    Sarah: I’m fine Catherine not she really sick and need to go to the ER
    Gil: Then take her
    Sarah: I need you to come help me get her of the floor she sit down and is to weak to keep up.
    Gil: where are you in the lab?
    Sarah: by the restroom before you get to the coroner lab.
    Gil: I’m on my way.

Sarah flip her cellphone close and sit down next to Catherine and she lay her head down on Sarah lap.

2. body_farm

body_farm Dead on Arrival

OMG! can't wait what will be next ^^

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

That isn't good. I hope she doesn't get Lindsey sick.

4. melbel

melbel Pathologist

coool keep this up!

5. sarahSidle1981

Part Twenty- four
    Gil run up to where Sarah and Catherine is and see that Catherine is now lay down and rest her head on Sarah leg. Gil bend over and pick Catherine up and carry her out to one of the lab SUV and put her into the front seat Sarah get into the driver seat and start the car and back out of the park lot Gil watch then leave then goes back into the lab. Once at the Desert Palm hospital Sarah pull the SUV up to the ER door and run in and grab a wheelchair and a nurse who helps Sarah get Catherine out of the SUV and into the wheelchair the nurse take her back into the ER and help get Catherine in to one of the bed. And Start Catherine on a IV to rehydrate her and give her some medicine through the IV to help her to stop throw up this whole time Sarah hold Catherine right hand and keep her Company. They head been they for a whole hour before a ER doctor come back to look at Catherine.

Dr. Fairy: ( as check Catherine out) So sorry about the wait, it been a really busy day here. And They short shift because of the stomach flu that going around.
    Sarah: You suppose to be off to after you have your baby!
    Dr. Fairy: I know, that how short shift they are, they call in Doctor on maternity leave!
    Catherine: So what wrong?
    Dr. Fairy: you should come in soon, I gonna to admit you into the hospital to keep a eye on you and get you on Medicine that can only be give through a IV.
    Catherine: what do I have?
    Dr. Fairy: it just the stomach flu. But the Stomach flu (viruses) that going around is really strong and if you do not get the flu shoot it hit you really hard and take twice as long to get over it. The people who had a flu shoot are still get it but not as bad and they are usually better in a few days.
    Catherine: Lindsey was right I should had a flu shoot, when I take her into get her.
    Sarah: I think after this year the head of the lab we require anyone that work for the LVPD to get a flu shoot.
    Catherine: Sarah you do get a flu shoot right?
    Sarah: yeah
    Catherine: good. I need to call Lindsey and let her know what going on.
    Dr. Fairy: I already had the nurse call Lindsey cellphone and tell for you, she come in after school to see Kevin and you.
    Catherine: thank.

Sarah stay with Catherine to they get her into a room of her own. Then she hard back to the lab to work on the case. On Sunday Dr. Fairy let Catherine go home, but tell her to stay home from work to at lest Tuesday night and Catherine say that fine. Sarah pick her up and take her home.

6. MacsGirlMel

At least she didn't need to stay in the hospital.

7. sarahSidle1981

Part Twenty-Five
    Sunday afternoon Lindsey and Kevin are wait at the front door for Sarah to bring Catherine home from the hospital. Lindsey get a big smile on her face when Sarah car pull into the driveway and she put it in park and turn her car off. She then get out and walk over to the passages side of the car and help Catherine out and into the house. Once inside Lindsey hug her mom and Catherine hug Lindsey back.

Sarah: Catherine do you need me to stay for awhile or are you fine here with Lindsey and Kevin?
    Catherine: go home and get same rest Sarah, you have to work tonight.
    Sarah: Ok, see you when you get back to work then, but if you need anything just sent Lindsey next store to tell me or call me.
    Catherine: I will.

Sarah goes out to her car start it back up and back out of Catherine Driveway, then pull into her and Gil Driveway. Sarah turn her car off and head inside. Meanwhile back At Catherine house Lindsey is stare at her mom, they then sit down on the couch to talk.

Lindsey: I was so worry about you, why did you hide it from me that you was sick for two and half week Mom!
    Catherine: I did not want to worry you Linds!
    Lindsey: Mom get that call on my cellphone from Desert Palm Hospital worry me a lot more, I though they was call to tell me you get shoot at a crime scene. I was so scarey, then the nurse tell me they was admit you into the hospital because you was several dehydrate and run a fever of 104.999, and that you have been sick with the stomach flu for two and half weeks.
    Catherine: I’m sorry Lindsey, I did not mean to scary you.
    Lindsey: from now on just tell me the truth mom!
    Catherine: I will Lindsey.
    Lindsey: Mom, I want you to go into your room and Lay down and only get up if you need to use the bathroom. If you need anything just yell for me and I’ll get it for you.
    Catherine: Linds, I know you mean well, But I can take care of myself and the first thing I want to do is take a shower.
    Lindsey: Mom the doctor want you to take it easy still!
    Catherine: I know Linds, but I can still take a shower, I relax after I get out of the shower. How about the three of watch a movie together?
    Lindsey: Ok mom.

Catherine goes and take a shower then she goes into the living room and sit down on the couch and her, Lindsey and Kevin watch all three of the fast and furious movies. After the movies all over Catherine goes into her room and goes to bed. Lindsey and Kiven sit down in the kitchen and finish they homework. Then they go to bed, because they have to get up for school in the morning.

8. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet as all aways

9. MacsGirlMel

Yeah it's definately sweet...glad she's not being a brat like she is on the show sometimes.

10. sarahSidle1981

Part Twenty-Six
    Catherine wake up Monday to the sound of the high school bus going down the street. She lays in her bed listen to how silent it was in her house that morning. Catherine get out of bed and put her robe on and tie it close. She walk out of her bedroom and into the living room and look around she see Kevin book bag was gone but Lindsey was lay on the couch still. Catherine think to herself. I hope she just forget her book bag, and not miss the bus again. She walk toward her daughter bedroom and see the door is close, so she knock on Lindsey bedroom door. After she gets no answers she open the door up and goes into her room. As soon as she enter her daughter room she see Lindsey lay on her bed cry. Catherine goes over and sit down next to her.

Catherine: Linds what wrong, it not the babies is it?
    Lindsey: (sniff, cough) No Mom
    Catherine: what wrong then baby, you did not catch the stomach flu from me did you?
    Lindsey: Shake head no
    Catherine: what wrong then?
    Lindsey: my throat hurt
    Catherine: (feel Lindsey forehead) you are run a little warm. I be back in a second with a flashlight to look at your throat and the thermometer to take your temperature.
    Lindsey: alright.

Catherine goes into the bathroom and get the thermometer out of the medicine cabinet, then goes and pick up the tiny flashlight she keep in her purse. She then goes back into Lindsey room. The first thing she does is take Lindsey temperature. She then look into Lindsey throat.

Catherine: Oh baby, you tonsils are inflamed
    Lindsey: Do I have I fever, because I can’t go to school If I do and I really can’t afraid to miss school.
    Catherine: yes baby you do have a fever, it 101.1. I’m going to call the doctor and get you a appointment, for today. Do Kevin make you stay home?
    Lindsey: yeah, he said I look pale and I was run warm so he made go lay back down.
    Catherine: He did the ring thing.

Catherine walk out of Lindsey room and call the doctor right away. He tell her to bring Lindsey in run away. She goes back into her daughter room.

Lindsey: cough, what did the doctor say?
    Catherine: I to bring you in right away, I’m going to get dress then we will leave.
    Lindsey: ok, Mom

A hour later Lindsey walk out of the examine room in her doctor office and goes into the wait room were her mom is wait for her.

Catherine: what did Dr. Pop say Linds?
    Lindsey: that I have tonsillitis, He think it because of have morning sick and the get sick so much cause my tonsils to get infect and swell up. He write me out prescribe for two of Z packs. He tell me two pick them up right away.
    Catherine: ok
    They leave the Doctor office and go to the drugs store and get Lindsey prescribe fill. After she has her prescribe Catherine take Lindsey head home and sit on the couch watching movie and for lunch Catherine make then some chicken noddle soup.

11. CSI_Trainee

CSI_Trainee CSI Level One

thats so sweet i remember one time my throat was really sore from a cold i had when i was younger and my mom kept making me cups of tea with honey and chicken noodle soup while i played the N64 all day ... what a great update i can't wait for more!!!

12. MacsGirlMel

Ugh sore throats are nasty. I've had strep a time or two but got lucky and didn't have to have my tonsils out.

13. sarahSidle1981

Part Twenty-Seven
    Catherine walk into the kitchen Tuesday morning to see that both Kevin and Lindsey are dress and are eat breakfast. Catherine walk up to her daughter and feel her forehead.

Catherine: Linds where do you think you are going you are still run a fever?
    Lindsey: coughs, School mom.
    Catherine: you need to take easy to the fever break and the z-pack start work baby, you have to think about more then yourself now, you have to think about the health of the babies to.
    Lindsey: (hold her throat) mom I have tests, coughs, in history, English, biology today, coughs, I can’t miss!
    Catherine: you can take a make up test Linds.
    Lindsey:( still hold throat) coughs, my teachers don’t do make up, if you miss a test you get a zero points for it.
    Catherine: then you are gonna to have to take zeros for the three test Linds!
    Lindsey: coughs, I can’t I need to get good grades because I already miss a tests in there classes the day I came home from school to take a early pregnancy test.
    Catherine: If I know your had test that day I would made you stay in school, you can go in. You have Biology second hour, history three hour and English four hour right?
    Lindsey: yeah
    Catherine: but I want you to go to the nurse and get a pass to come home sick after English class ok, and I want you sit out of gym.
    Lindsey: I was plan, coughs, on sit out ,coughs, of gym anywhere, we play soccer in gym class right now, I do not think I could play, coughs, without get wind.
    Catherine: I want you to take some Tylenol cold and flu it will help bring your fever down; which is a lot warm then last night when you went to bed and it will also keep you from cough so much.
    Lindsey: can I take Tylenol, since I’m pregnant?
    Catherine: yes, and take some cough drop to school with you.
    Lindsey: ok mom.

After Lindsey take the Tylenol cold and flu and grab some cough drop. Kevin and her go outside to catch the bus. Once on the bus and in they sit Lindsey lean her head on Kiven left shoulder. She then close her eyes. Kevin feel her forehead and look down at his pregnant girlfriend.

Kevin: you know your mom was right Linds you should stay home.
    Lindsey: ( hold her throat) don’t start with me, coughs, Kevin I’m not in the mood and I feel awful.
    Kevin: that would because you burning up and you tonsils are still really swell because you have not been on the Z-pack long enough for it to stay work yet.
    Lindsey: (whisper into Kevin ear) I know I’m burn up, I check my temperature, coughs, when I first get up, it was a 103.999.
    Kevin: you are so going home after you finish your English test Linds.
    Lindsey: my Mom side, coughs, to come home at the end of four hour.
    Kevin: go up to the teacher as soon as you finish you test and ask for a pass to go to the nurse, by then you will be ready to go to sleep.
    Lindsey: I already want to go back to bed.
    Kevin: you will be lucky if the gym teacher does not sent you to the nurse, when she see how you look and sound.
    Lindsey: can I just rest now till we get to school?
    Kevin: sure Linds.

Lindsey fall to sleep doing the bus ride to school, Kevin wake her up as the bus pull into the high school park lot. They go to they locker and put away the textbooks and notebooks they do not need, then Kevin make sure Lindsey get to her gym class and is rest comfortable on the stand, before head to the boys gym for his gym class, which he also has to sit out off, because of his knee.

14. MacsGirlMel

I hope she feels better so the babies are okay.

15. sarahSidle1981

Part Twenty-eight
    Lindsey get home from school doing the middle of four house, Catherine walk over to her daughter and feel her forehead.

Catherine: did you get your English test done they still a half hour left in that class?
    Lindsey: Yeah we just had to chose, coughs, two essay question out of the six choice, coughs, she give and answers both of them. I did the first one , coughs, and last one then walk the test up to the teacher and ask, coughs, to go to the nurse.
    Catherine: I want you to go lay in your bed, I been in your room in a minute to check you temperature.
    Lindsey: the nurse check it before she would write me out a pass, coughs, I was run a fever of 104.001.
    Catherine: I want you to go take a cool shower, then change into you PJ and here take two more Tylenol before get in the shower.

Lindsey take the Tylenol then goes and take a cool shower then change back into her PJ and get into bed, Catherine walk into her daughter room and put the thermometer in Lindsey mouth. Thirty second later Catherine take it out of Lindsey mouth when it beep and look at it.

Catherine: It went down so good the shower and the Tylenol must of start to work some.
    Lindsey: Coughs, What my temp now mom?
    Catherine: It 102.982 Linds
    Lindsey: I’m cold

Catherine goes and get the extra blanket and bring it into Lindsey bedroom and lays on top of Lindsey light bedspread.

Catherine: is that better Linds?
    Lindsey: yeah mom, thanks
    Catherine: good, now get some sleep, I’ll wake you up for dinner and see how you feel and if you want me to stay home from work tonight.
    Lindsey: coughs, no mom you need to go to work tonight you miss enough day already.
    Catherine: Linds, I can miss another day of work. Let just see how you are feel this evening!
    Lindsey: ok, coughs, because it you ask, coughs, this sec I’ll say, coughs, stay home with me.
    Catherine: get some rest now.

Catherine lean down a kiss Lindsey on the forehead, then turn off her daughter light and close her door and goes into her own room to take a nap so she won't be exhausted if she does going into work that night.