Catherine Family issue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by sarahSidle1981, May 10, 2007.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm still curious how the babies will be affected. That's what's so hard when you're pregnant, you can't take too many things.

2. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Part Twenty-Nine
    Catherine wake up at 5:30pm when her alarm clock beep at her. She get out of bed and goes into the kitchen and start make Egg drop soup for dinner. After she has the soup going, she hands Kevin the spoon to keep stirring it, so she can go wake Lindsey up for dinner and check on her. Catherine open up Lindsey door. She then walk up to her bed and feel her forehead and is relieve to see that Lindsey fever has finally break. She light shake Lindsey on the shoulder.

Catherine: Lindsey wake up dinner is almost ready!
    Lindsey:(sit up and rub her eyes) What are we have?
    Catherine: Egg drop soup, how are you feel Linds.
    Lindsey: ok my throat still hurt a little, but better then this morning or when I come home for school.
    Catherine: your fever finally break.
    Lindsey: good, maybe I been able to stay awake long enough this evening to get some school work done.
    Catherine: which would be a good thing see that you have yesterday homework plus today to do and Kiven bring your Math homework, and Family planing homework home for you.

Lindsey get out of bed and put on her pink robe that has frog on and ties it closed. Then Catherine and her, leave her room and go into the kitchen. Lindsey and Kiven take a sit at the table and Catherine fill three bowl up with soup and give one to Lindsey, then hand Kevin his and lastly she sit down at the table with her bowl. As they eat they talk about what the plan was for that night.

Catherine: So Linds, do you want be to stay home from work tonight?
    Lindsey: you can go to work mom, Kevin will be here if I need anything.
    Catherine: Ok, But I want you to take your temperature before you go to bed at 11:30pm and call me and tell me if it still normal or if it went back up Linds!
    Lindsey: Ok mom, I will.
    Catherine: I want to start you homework, but if you can’t get it all finish don’t push yourself I still want you to take easy and get lots of rest tonight and drink lots of water.
    Lindsey: yes mom, coughs.
    Kevin: She does sound better, that the first time I hear her cough since I been home from school.
    Lindsey: I think the Z-pack is start to work.
    Catherine and Kevin: that good Linds.

After Dinner Catherine put the left over egg drop soup in a Gladlocker storage bowl and put the dirty dish in the dishwasher. She then driver Kevin to his physical therapy appointment.

3. MacsGirlMel

Glad she's better...hope the babies are okay.

4. sarahSidle1981

Part Thirty
    Catherine bring Kevin back home after his physical therapy appointment and take a nap before have to head into work. She wake up to her alarm clock buzz in her ears. She get out of bed and redoes her hair and brush her tooth then walk into the living room and up to Lindsey.

Catherine: Linds, how are you feel?
    Lindsey: ok, tire but fine, now leave for work before you are late.
    Catherine: Ok, but remember to call at 11:30 and let me know if you fever still normal.
    Lindsey: yes mom.

Catherine get to the Lab at the sometime as Greg, Warrick and Nick. They head into the break room to see Sofia asleep on the break room couch, and notice she is sweat really bad and is also shivering. Ever there she has a blanket cover her. But the four of them just sit down at the table because they do not have the heart to wake her up, so they let her sleep. See that Gil or Sarah is there yet and that and Sofia fill in for Ecklie why he on his leave of absents, so she does not have to go out in the field as a detective or a CSI in lest she is need. Her main job is to over see the CSI and make sure they are doing there job. They all also know Sofia be pull in over time because she been fill in for them while they was out sick. Gil and Sarah walk into the break room and look over at Sofia who sleep on the couch and then look at Greg, Warrick, Nick and Catherine. As they take a sit at the table to.

Gil: Nice to have my whole team back how are you all feel.
    Nick: hundred percent better.
    Greg: better, still a little weak.
    Warrick: ok, but I’m still tire and weak.
    Gil: did you doctor clear you to be back at work Warrick and Greg?
    Greg: yeah
    Warrick: yeah, he tell me to take a break when I need them.
    Gil: that fine Warrick, Greg I want you to take breaks to if your feel you need them.
    Greg: ok.
    Gil: how are you feel Catherine?
    Catherine: a lot better, I’m still wear out easy there.
    Gil: as I tell Warrick and Greg if you need a break take it, the same goes for you Nick.
    Nick: should we wake Sofia and sent her home Gil?
    Gil: no let her sleep, she here because her apartment build caught fire this evening, so she has no place to stay right now.
    Greg: she could get a hotel room!
    Gil: With all the conference going on right now, they is limited hotel space, plus everyone else that live in that build need a place to stay to. She was going to get a hotel room but they was only one room left at the Palm and her next door neighbor was a elder couple and had no family in town to stay with so she let them have the room.
    Nick: can we have are assignments now.
    Gil: It would be 402 Fire at Sofia apartment build, the whole team on it, so go get you kit and meet out at the SUV in five minute.
    Greg: do we know where the fire start?
    Gil: yeah , the seat area by the front door.

5. MacsGirlMel

Uhoh that isn't good. Poor Sophia.

6. sarahSidle1981

Part Thirty -One
    They get to Sofia apartment build and walk up to the door and walk into the build. Jim Brass walk over to them and has a concern look on his face.

Jim: Gil how Sofia doing?
    Gil: she was sleep on the break room couch when we left the lab, she does not like good there. She was sweat really bad and shivering at the sometime.
    Jim: it good to see y’all feel better and back at work..
    Sara: did anyone die?
    Jim: two a female and Man they was a elder couple that could not get down the stair fast enough and inhaled to much smoke.
    Nick: how more people was injury?
    Jim: one, her knee went out going down the Stairs Sofia was walk down the Stairs at the sometime and help her up. Then help her to get out of the build and across the street to safe.
    Greg: that was nice of Sofia, see that she sick.
    Jim: It was her neighbor live in the apartment on the left hand side of her and She a college student on Las Vegas University gymnastics team.
    Catherine: Did Sofia wake up when she smell the smoke Jim?
    Jim: no her elder neighbor Mr and Mrs Clue that live in the apartment on the right hand side of her knows where she keep her spare key. Mrs. Clue see her come home for work early sick the day before. So she get her spare key out from it hide spot and open her door up and wake Sofia up and let her know they had to get out of the build because of a fire.
    Warrick: would that be the elder couple she let have the last room at the Palms.
    Jim: yeah.
    Gil: let get to work to prove if this fire was arson or if it was do to old wire, our something else along these lines.

The CSI get to work on going through the burn Item and Process the scene. Catherine was going through Item in the burn trash can in the seat area where the fire start when her cellphone start ring. She know from the ring tone it Lindsey. She pull the phone off her hip and flip the cellphone open.

Catherine: Hi, Lindsey
    Lindsey: I call to let you know if my fever stay down or if it went back up!
    Catherine: so what do it do?
    Lindsey: the thermometer, coughs, say I was 99.992, so I take some Tylenol.
    Catherine: you do the right thing Linds. Now go get some sleep.
    Lindsey: ok mom, I love you
    Catherine: I love you to.
    Sarah: ( Catherine flip her cellphone close) Do Lindsey Fever stay down Cath?
    Catharine: It went back up a little, it at 99.992 right now so she take some Tylenol and is going to go to bed.
    Sarah: poor thing, get Tonsillitis while she pregnant. It no funny being sick when you are pregnant.
    Catherine: I am just happy she did not caught the stomach flu from me.
    Sarah: yeah, I let hope she get over tonsilitis and stay health the rest of the pregnant.
    They finish up at Sofia apartment after work the scene for three half hours. They pack the evidence they collect into the back of the two SUV and head back to the lab. Once back at the lab Nick, Sarah, Warrick, Greg and Gil check the evidence in and Catherine goes to the break room to see how Sofia is doing. She walk into the break room to see Sofia sit up on the couch and throw up into the break room trash can she had pull over by the couch. She also see Hodges heat up his dinner in the microwave. Catherine walk over to the microwave and take Hodges food out of the microwave and hand it to him.
    Hodges: Catherine It not done hit up yet!
    Catherine: don’t you have any feel at all Hodges, can’t you see that Sofia has the Stomach flu and the smell is make her sick.
    Hodges: of cause I can, but I’m hunger.
    Catherine: then leave the lab and driver to one of the fast food place, now take this gladwear bowl and throw what in out in the trace lab.

Hodges take the bowl and stump out of the break room. Catherine goes over to the sink and pick up two clan towel and wet both of them down with cool water. She then goes and kneel down next to Sofia who by this time has lay back down, and wipe her face off with one, she then fold the other one in half and set it on Sofia forehead. Sofia open her eyes up and look at Catherine.

Sofia: Thanks Catherine for tell Hodges off and wipe my face off on put a cool towel on my forehead.
    Catherine: your welcome, my motherly side take over. Do you want me to put a new bag in the trash can?
    Sofia: yeah

Catherine stand up and goes and get a new trash bag and take the old one out and tie it shout. Then put the new one in the trash can. She then take the old bag out to the dumpster. Sofia Close her eyes and goes back to sleep.

7. MacsGirlMel

Hodges is wierd sometimes. Post more soon!

8. sarahSidle1981

Thirty-Two
    Catherine walk into Gil Grissom Office and over to the chairs in front of his desk. She sit down in one of them.

Catherine: Gil I worry about Sofia, she burn up and She can’t keep anything down. Do you know how long she been like this?
    Gil: let see she want home early Saturday Shift, because she said she was have really bad cramps and was tired. She come in Sunday night and look really Flush and would not eat anything at Jack Dinner when Sara, me and her want to get breakfast after work a crime scene all night, all she would get was a glass of water, but she just sip at it. She was on call yesterday, and I had to call her in because it was a very really busy night . But she spend most of the time in the bathroom, because she had to keep going to the bathroom and she keep throw up in a trash as she was use the bathroom. So Sara take her home.
    Catherine: I think one of us should take to the ER to get check out and have her put on a IV to get fluids into her and medicine to reduce that fever she has. It has to be at lest 104.999

Just the Hodges come into Gil office pull Sofia with him. Sofia drop down into the chair next to Catherine. Both Gil, Catherine and Even Sofia laugh when they look at Hodges point at his t-shirt.

Hodges: Look what Sofia did to my Shirt, when I was in the break room heat my Dinner up.
    Gil: it look like she throw up on you!
    Catherine: I tell you not to heat it up in the break room to go out and get something to eat.
    Hodges: I want to eat what I bring from home Catherine!
    Gil: Hodges you know Sofia has the stomach flu, and is rest in the break room to she feel up to driver to her Mom and Dad or to the shift ends and one of take her back to are place to crush or driver her out to her Mom and Dad place.
    Sofia: I ask you to leave, I would of not get sick on you Hodges if you do not step in front of the trash can and start tell me that I had no right to ask you to take your food out of the break room. Like you could not tell I need to be sick I had my hand over my mouth when you walk in front of the trash can Hodges.
    Gil: Hodges go home and take a shower and change you cloth, and eat something there. Then come back and do you job.
    Hodges: fine.

Hodges stump out of Gil office and head out to his car and driver home. Meanwhile back in Gil office Sofia grab the trash can and pull it over to her and start throw up in it. When Sofia get down being sick she lean back in the chair and close her eyes.

Catherine: Sofia have you take you temperature in the last couple of hours.
    Sofia: Yeah, Dr. Lee had just finish take my temperature and put a new cool towel on my forehead when Hodges come into the break room. She left the break room right as Hodges put his food in the microwave.
    Catherine: how high was your fever Sofia?
    Sofia: 104.999
    Gil: Catherine I want you to take Sofia to the ER and have her look at.
    Sofia: I really think that a good idea.

Catherine help her up and the two of them walk out to Catherine suv. Catherine help Sofia into the passenger seat and then get into the driver seat and take her to the ER.

9. MacsGirlMel

aw man not another one lol I sure hope they're all better soon.

10. sarahSidle1981

Part Thirty-Three
    It has been four hours and fifteen minutes since Catherine had take Sofia to the ER and Gil, Sarah, Warrick, Nick and Greg was start to get worry because Catherine has not get back yet and they have not hear from Catherine either and the night shift has end two hours ago on that Wednesday morning.

Sarah: Gil what hospital was Catherine take her to?
    Gil: Desert Palm Hospital ER.
    Sarah: I’m going to driver out there and check on them.
    Nick: I’m sure we will hear something soon.
    Warrick: we all sure get busy work on the Sofia build case.
    Greg: no it close here the report.
    Sarah: It was case by a electrical fire in the wall.

Just then Gil cellphone start ring, he flip it open as soon as he see it was Catherine Cellphone number.

Gil: Gil here
    Catherine: sorry it take so long to let you know what going.
    Gil: I have you on speck phone, and we all want to know how Sofia doing?
    Catherine: I’m actually on my way back to the lab with her right now. They put her on a IV for the past four to give her fluids and medicine to reduce the fever, along with run some blood work. The blood work come back normal. She just has a really bad cause of the stomach flu.
    Sarah: should of the doctor have admit her into the hospital?
    Catherine: The doctor and I both try to talk Sofia into be admit, but she refused to allow the doctor to admit her.
    Sarah: Gil, we have the space at our house let have her come stay with us to she feel better enough to search for a new place to live.
    Gil: I’m fine with that.
    Sofia: Thank Sarah and Gil, that really nice of you.
    Gil: Sarah and I will meet you and Sofia in the park lot when you get here and We take Sofia back to our place right away.
    Sofia: thanks, that sound really good.
    Catherine: did you find out what cause Sofia apartment build to catch fire.
    Nick: a electrical fire in the wall, the case is close now.
    Catherine: I am two minute from the lab so I’m going hang up, we see y’all when we get they.
    Everyone: see you.

Warrick, Nick, Greg, Sarah and Gil get up and head to the locker room and get they thing then head out to the park lot. Catherine pull her suv into the park lot and pull into the spot by Gil and Sarah 2007 kia sportage. Gil help Sofia out of Catherine passenger seat and help her get in to his passenger seat. Gil then get into the back seat and Sarah get into the Driver seat. Sarah put the suv into driver and pull out of the park lot. Sarah pull the suv into the garage and Gil get out of the suv and help Sofia out of the suv and into they house through the garage door that lead in to the house. He then help Sofia to the guest bedroom that is upstairs.

Sofia: I take it the two empty bedrooms close to the master bedroom are going to be the babies room?
    Sarah: yeah.
    Gil: there is a door lead into the bathroom in this room.
    Sofia: Yeah I see. I see you turn the bedroom across from this room into a office.
    Sarah: yep.
    Sofia: I’m tire I’m going lay down now and get some sleep.
    Sarah and Gil: ok.

Meanwhile next door at Catherine house, she get home to find a note from Lindsey that say she went to school and So did Kevin. She also tell her mom that she did not have a fever when she wake up that morning and she feel better and they see her when that get home from school at three o’clock, Catherine goes and take a shower. Then she goes into her bedroom and lays down and get some sleep, because it had been a long night and she was exhaust.

11. MacsGirlMel

I hope she feels better. More soon!

12. sarahSidle1981

I will update this one tomorrow. I have to think about what I want to happen next in this story.

13. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet keep it up

14. sarahSidle1981

Part Thirty-Four
    Catherine wake up when she hear Lindsey and Kevin walk through the door from school. Catherine get out of bed and head into the living room. She see Lindsey stare at Kevin, Catherine then notice a ring on Lindsey left ring finger. She walk up next to Lindsey and take a sit next to her.

Catherine: Linds is there something you need to tell me about?
    Lindsey: Kevin ask me to marry him and I say yes mom.
    Catherine: he what?
    Lindsey: He ask me to marry him.
    Catherine: That what I thought you said.
    Lindsey: I just need you to sign this form say that you will allow me to get marry.
    Catherine: What about Kiven did his parents sign the form?
    Kiven: yeah.

Catherine take the form from Lindsey and read it through and then sing it and hand it back to Lindsey.

Catherine: I let your marry Kiven Lindsey, But I want the two of you to live here with me.
    Lindsey: I’m fine with that.
    Kiven: I’m fine with that too, But can my sister move in here to she need some place to stay or the hospital won’t release her and she ready to come home.
    Catherine: we can turn my office downstairs into her bedroom.
    Kevin: thank you
    Catherine: It no big deal and beside she the aunt of my grandchildren.
    Lindsey: do we have enough space?
    Catherine: yeah, we have two guest room, once you and Kevin get marry you be sleep in the some room, so they still be room enough for three babies two of them we have to share a room.
    Lindsey: mom we want to get marry as soon as possible before I start to get to big.
    Catherine: I understand that, is this weekend to soon?
    Kevin and Lindsey: no, that be great.
    Catherine: let me get dress and then let go out to dinner.
    Kevin and Lindsey: Ok

15. MacsGirlMel

oh cool, that should be fun :) I'm glad they're doing it right considering so many cases like this turn out bad.