Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

Wait. Waitwaitwait. Carmine actually said he wanted to play the roles of Travis Bickle AND that of a gay street hustler?! :eek:

Wow. And here I thought I couldn't love the guy more. :lol: He goes and cuts his hair into a mohawk like Bickle and rides around on that bike, and I shall literally explode with bliss.

But, *ahem*, yes. Thing about Hollywood is, a fantastic movie is a combination of a great actor, a great supporting cast, great settings, great soundtrack, and of course ... a great script. I think he'd rock the boat should he get to play the part of an insane homicidal maniac, but it should be a script that compliments his talents too. There is no way I wanna see him in I Know What You Did Last Spring In Your Mother's Dishwasher movie or something. :p

Ohhh, the role of a priest! I like that. Would he be best as a good one, or a bad one? :devil:

2. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Maybe the priest could be the psychopathic homicidal terrorizer...cross-genre, you know. ;)

ETA: You all kept discussing Travis Bickle, and I was visualizing Travis Barker! :lol: Yes, I'm smacking my own self upside the head. :p

3. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

(shuddering) argggh! :eek: Do you know how you've disturbed all of the Catholics and ex-Catholics (I'm among the latter) on the board with that vision?? :eek: It's like saying rude things about nuns or something. Shock Horror! :lol: :lol: We can't deal with it ... it's all that Catholic guilt we get instilled in us from birth. :lol:

Help me out here ... what does ETA mean? I've wondered for ages and still haven't figured it out. And who is Travis Barker? Sounds like a country singer's name. :eek: :lol:

'In Enemy Hands' was on satellite tv tonight. So of course I watched it like a good fangirl should :D It's only the second time I've seen it and I enjoyed it just as much this time around.

4. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Like you, "St. Louis" is my favourit picture of his paintings. There's something in it, I think...
    But I like "Stolen", too. That's another great painting of Carmine...

5. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

It means "Edited To Add". One of those things you automatically learn after being around the net for a while... ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but he should be a member of the "Blink 182" so you got it almost right. :D

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

OK, I might be alone in this, but I'm not dying to see him as a homicidal maniac. :lol: I can't quite put my finger on why--maybe because I prefer my bad guys cool and calm and find them much more chilling that way. I wouldn't mind seeing him play someone evil, though.

I'm with you guys on that end scene in The Learning Curve. It was wretched. It was poorly written, but that scream--ugh! :eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe that's part of my reservation about him playing an over the top homicidal maniac. He's so good at the subtle stuff, but I'm not sure about him playing crazy. It's actually kind of hard to do that well--one role that always stands out for me is Brad Pitt in Twelve Monkeys. Damn, was he good in that! Playing crazy isn't easy.

I'll go in with lookaboomerang on the romantic comedy just because I love them! :D As long as he's cast with someone he actually has chemistry with, I bet he could be cute in that.

ThisIsMe, I loved his performance in "Outside Man" too. It pretty much opened up everything I like about Danny so much: his earnestness, the fact that he cares so much about the victims, his thoughtfulness. There's something so sweet and honest about Danny, something very raw, and Carmine really conveys that well. It's a bit unexpected, too, given that Danny is supposed to be a tough guy with a heavy NY accent. I like when characters surprise and impress me with their depth, and he really did in that moment.

7. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

Aaaaaaah! The lightbulb goes off. Thanks Orison :)

:eek: Um, 'scuse my ignorance :lol:

ETA: (haHA!)
    I like what I've seen of his work. However it's really hard to get a good gander and a true feeling of it from a little online photo. It'd be great to see his work hung in a gallery setting so you could experience it properly.

8. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

I agree about prefering bad guys cool and calm. By a homicidal maniac I was picturing something calmly psychotic like Robert DeNiro in Cape Fear, Kevin Spacey in Seven or Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs. I think Carmine could kick ass in a role like that.

Danny is one of my very favorite characters. He's tough when he has to be, but honest and good. Even when he makes poor choices (which he sadly doesn't do much any more), he does it with the best of intentions. I really don't think anyone else could do the character justice in the way Carmine has.
    I'd love to see his work in a gallery too. Art is something you really, really have to see up close to truly feel.

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

*cough*EddieCahill*cough*

:devil: :p

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: You know, if Carmine really wants to play a gay street hustler, I can think of a tall, dark handsome guy who really should play the guy shelling out cash for the services he provides... ;) :lol: :devil:

11. tala

tala Lab Technician

Before giving my input, I have to laud you, MrsG, on starting this thread. :)

I'm okay with the idea of him in a romantic comedy as well. Not one of those over-the-top brainless/slapstick types.. something sweet and intelligent. He'd pull it off quite nicely, I think.

I also like the roles Kimmychu listed in the first page. Those would be excellent for Carmine. Playing a father? Beautiful idea.

Have you guys read On the Road by Jack Kerouac? Carmine would make a great Sal Paradise as well. It's just too bad the role already went to someone else... I think.

Would also like to see what charcter he wrote for himself in Brink of Black. It's a shame he doesn't have the time to get that film done anytime soon. But if his vision/writing is as good as his acting, then it will no doubt be picked up when he's ready. :)

12. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

I don't really feel qualified to participate in this thread as my knowledge of Carmine's acting is based almost entirely on his role as Danny.

Nevertheless I'll jump in and make one point which is that he is a natural and utterly convincing actor - you cannot believe that he is anyone other than the character he is portraying. Unlike, say Dustin Hoffman who always makes you aware that he is acting; all those irritating little tics and twiches that function to remind you how of his [insert heavy sarcasm] supreme acting talent *sigh*....

Note: I don't like Dustin Hoffman, can you tell? :)

13. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

I don't like him either.

14. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

That's exactly what I had in mind. I love a cool, intriguing villain. :)

15. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

hey girls, sory havent been around much, wat with the holidays n all!!! lol
    i have to say a big thanks to MrsG for starting this thread... - this will be an interesting one!!! hehe

ok, my fave 'Carmine' character is Danny. Pure n simple lol
    My reason is, that he is like no other character i have seen on tv / in a movie. Carmine literally gives all he has to give his utter most in CSI:NY, and he does it brilliantly. There is so much more to Danny Messer that we havent yet seen, and Carmine portrays it in such a way that you are jus eager to get through each episode to get closer to his background! ( well, for me anyway lol )
    I for one, would be utterly devastated if for some reason Carmine could not play Danny Messer any more... that would be it for me! lol Yes, i like the other characters, but for me, Danny is what makes me want to really get into the episode.

my favourite episode of all time, like many, has to be RSRD, - the whole Louie scene at the end jus bought a tear to my eye the first time i saw it.. sometimes it still does! hehe but for a guy to pull the crying scene off without it looking 'false, and baby-ish' that in itself is a major achievement, i feel.
    In LRC, i think the way Danny handled the whole lindsay fobbing him off story, very well. Yes, it was out his normal self, but i like it. It intrigues me as to why he has changed so much in a little time.
    i can honestly not see myself being turned off by Danny Messer, by what ever he does. The whole "mafia" thing that might have gone on with his family - it jus adds "more fuel to fire" as they say lol i know a while ago someone mentioned about Danny's past, and about conflicts he may have had with his father, and i definately want to see some thing exciting come through for Danny from that situation. I think it will be a great situation / Issue to deal with, as we know what kind of a hot head Danny has been in the past... it will be interesting to see how it affects him, and any future he may / may not have with Lindsay.

Phew! i think im done so far lol I have to say, that has to be the most "informative" post i have ever posted here!!! :D hehe