Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Dec 28, 2006.

1. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Thanks, Mrs. G for the new thread. :) I'm squealing. As much as I think he's gorgeous, I think he's an amazing actor as well. :)

I think that Danny's character is so lovable as he's not perfect. He's a flawed character and is just trying to get through the day. He can be scared and be brave. He can be annoyed and can be compassionate.

It's his passion that makes him such a great character. I feel like I can relate to him sometimes. He doesn't walk around, knowing everything... he just learns and even though he's trying to move on with his life with Louie and everything. It's hard, but he's trying.

He makes mistakes. He trusts the wrong people and believes the wrong things. From "Rain", "Hung Out to Dry", we saw that. But his intentions were good-- he has so much passion and puts 100% in whatever he does. :)

He can be a bit of a drama queen at times though... But that's just why we love him!! :D

2. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Well, I did a little search and found that he said it in one of the interviews on the CBS website. That's where I'd heard it. Not sure if he repeated it somewhere else but yeah, he seemed very interested in the role, and he also said that he thinks he's more a dramatic actor, which really makes me want to see him in that kind of role. :)

3. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

YES! That's where it was! I knew I wasn't losing my mind. :lol:

And I say psshaw to the being more of a dramatic actor. Yes, he's good at the dramatic stuff and creating realistic characters, but Gundy IS proof that he can do comedic stuff too. I'm kind of hoping for a movie this hiatus. :D I'll take whatever too.

4. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

^ Hehe, glad I helped out. Wouldn't have wanted to be the cause of a breakdown... :lol:

Anyway you're right, he can be pretty damn funny too, which just increases the number of roles he could play. A movie, any kind of movie, would be awesome.

Someone please hand him an interesting script... :D

5. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

Wow, excellent discussion here ladies!

My preference for a "new" type of role would be the guy who loses it and goes more than a little crazy. Also, the ultra-narcissist homicidal nut that Christian Bale played in American Psycho would be very interesting. That type of character, when done very well, demonstrates a level of depth that few actors can achieve. And, from listening to the some of the audio commentaries on the Season 2 DVDs, it sounds like the producers and writers have a lot of respect for Carmine's talent as an actor.

While comedies are fun (BHSK), I think that while romantic comedies can be well done, few of them are good enough to show off an actor's range. I also think that they're often a quick and easy way for an actor to eiher get more exposure or make some easy money ('cause we women are saps). So, I would not like to see him waste his hiatus on a project like that.

6. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

That's an excellent point. I know that, given a decent script, he'd be able to show that depth you're talking about. I also think he's improved so much that he really deserves a chance to shine.

7. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread *DELETED*

Post deleted by CarmineFan

8. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Yeah that's great!
    He's a 'normal' person who has problems with the family and doesen't know everything. That's why I like him more than for example Mac. Mac is the big boss, knows everything and can do everything. Mac is too perfect...
    It's easier to identify oneself with Danny because he has problems like everyone...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

C'mon, crankyjules, you really hadn't heard that CBS.com interview before where Carmine specifically mentions the role of Travis Bickle?? I totally laughed when I saw your post because I thought it was a none-to-subtle attempt to kiss his ass should he visit this thread. :lol:

But then, you completely redeem yourself and prove to not be an ass-kisser with this:

I love a girl who says it like it is. I'd second that opinion and say the performance in the last scene blows as well. I may be a shitty fan for saying this, but his wussy screams weren't "real" at all. But he's grown immeasurably since then. ... The thought just struck me that it must suck to have fans go back through old work with a fine tooth comb. If there were such a thing as litigation groupies and some guys had the opportunity to go back and watch some of my early courtroom appearances, I'd be freakin' mortified! :lol:

Fine. Have your one romantic comedy. :rolleyes: Just don't go turning the guy into some sort of cheeseball dork. :lol:

Anytime. ;) I'm loving this thread and all of your posts. I knew some of you had to be over 14 and in possession of more than one brain cell.

That role would be absolutely 100% something I'd love to see him do if the movie version were true to the book. I love Brett Easton Ellis and American Psycho is one of those books that stays in your head forever because at the time I read it (freshman year of college), it was probably the most disturbing thing I'd ever read. Then the movie came out and it was like some sort of stupid mockery. Completely ruined the whole feel. But yeah I'd love to see Carmine do a role identical to the book version of American Psycho.

Exactly! I couldn't agree more. The tried an true formula -- boy meets girl, boy chases girl, boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy wins girl back, the end -- never impresses me much. I wouldn't mind seeing him do something romantic if it were a little darker and more complicated than seen in the formulaic romantic comedies. A romantic drama perhaps? Boy falls for girl with a raging heroin addiction and watches his life spiral out of control as he falls for her. Something along those lines - a combination of romance and emotional range beyond the normal span of emotions involved in falling in love.

10. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

Well, that was a massive exercise in utter frustration :mad: Now I remember why I haven't seen it :lol: Innertube .... GRRRR. My browser just would NOT open them. So I tried a different browser and would get halfway through and they would stop. HOWEVER, figured it out, watched them ... it only took me something like 45 minutes!.

Interestingly, he also said in one of those interviews that another dream role would be that of River Pheonix's role in 'My Own Private Idaho' :blink: Nearly the polar opposite of Travis Bickle. :lol: Can't remember what the character's name was, but he was a quiet, sensitive, narcoleptic gay street hustler :) That was quite a surreal movie and people who didn't like Fallen Arches are NOT going to like that one, if you're thinking of rushing out and renting it :lol: I haven't seen it for ages .. about time I rewatched that one.

He said in one those interviews (I sound like a broken record :lol: ) that in being a dramatic actor, and recreating something human and real, is being funny also. And that either way is fine with him :)

BINGO!! My thoughts exactly. You've done it again :lol: Romantic comedies are good for bumping up star status but meh, fluffy. Not that fluffy is bad ... occasionally fluffy is exactly what hits the spot. It's just very occasionally in my case :D

11. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Great thread guys!! :D

There have been many memorable Carmine performances on CSI:NY, but for me, I still love "Outside Man". The final scene with Danny and Mac in the layout room was a great performance by Carmine IMO. I just loved that episode on all levels. It was the first time we really got to see Danny take a leadership role as well.

As for his other films, I've seen BHD, BHSK (that song he sings to Georgina...er, I mean Georgiana was hillarious! :lol:), FA, FLotG, LC, and...I think that's it. (sorry for all the abriviations...). I love it how he's willing to take on a variety of characters as alot of actors stick to the same ol' same old alot of the time.

ETA: if we're talking about Carmine's work, can I mention his art. I think so many of the pieces are fantastic! "St. Louis" is definately a favorite of mine!

12. crankyjules

Sorry for being spammy, but you were obviously posting the same time as I was.

/me pokes MrsGiovinazzo in the eye. Hey watch it lady. I don't kiss anyone's arse. Well, maybe in the privacy of a bedroom ;) but that's the only time :D

I'd heard of them but I honestly hadn't seen those. I remember trying ages ago, now that I spent freaking forever this morning trying to watch them. There's something funky with IE and the Innertube site and my computer combined, some activex setting that just wouldn't allow it to happen. But determination won through today and I managed to eventually watch it using the firefox browser (although that came with it's own set of challenges). I'm cranky at microsoft and I'm cranky at Innertube :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Yeah, well, usually it just gets me in a shitload of trouble and I'm none too popular :rolleyes: :D

I beg to differ. You are not a shitty fan. You are an intelligent one who is living in reality and doesn't mind having an opinion. Thank GOD for that!

It's bliss. It's BLISS I say. Like you've said, intelligent life exists on planet csifiles. :D I'm a happy little vegemite.

13. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

I know you don't kiss ass. I was just struck by the fact that you mentioned a role he has specifically mentioned. Great minds must think alike. ;)

Awww, the Aussie equivalent of the American "happy as a clam"? Cute.

There is something I really appreciate about this thread. Both crankyjules and I have offered negative opinions of certain performances without having to duck flying objects. To me, a true fan is much like a true friend -- honest at all times. Blowing sunshine up someone's ass serves little purpose and only devalues your opinions.

14. crankyjules

You know, I think I've heard Gary Sinise say something about that role on Inside the Actor's Studio, years ago. But then my memory isn't that elephant-like and I may have misinterpreted something. I know I've heard quite a few actors talk about it.

I guess. There is an old advertising jingle that is STILL used to this day and everybody single Australian knows the words to it. It's well loved :lol:

So far :lol:

Wellll, I'll be 'honest' here and say I'm not that frank in the few emails I've sent him. In that case, I just don't mention it. And again, truly, there is very very little to be negative about in everything I've seen that Carmine has done. And I'll happily blow sunshine up someone's arse if they deserve it :D

15. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

OK, I'm going to throw this out there for a possible role for Carmine. I'd like to see him in a big-screen adaptation of "Vengeance Unlimited," a TV series from the 90s that starred Michael Madsen. He was a bad-ass, and I think Carmine could be a bad-ass in this role. He'd also do well in a "Philadelphia"-type vehicle, in a more modern setting though.

Or, maybe Carmine could be cast as a priest... ;)