Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

Has NY been filming in Sylmar lately?

I thought this discussion about Danny's reaction to the guy suffering from MS was a good one to bring to this thread:

Top41 said:
PerfectAnomaly said:
I love Danny and Stella working together interrogating a suspect. They just work well together and I really liked that they showed sympathy for Johnny's situation - especially Danny who didn't seem to have a high opinion of people involved with Second Life. Adam may have been the star of the ep., but Danny got the most intriguing line of the ep. He says to Johnny, "Why stand up the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with." Perhaps the hostage situation has made him rethink Lindsay's appeal, or at least it could imply that Danny is only looking to get laid and nothing beyond that. Both scenarios would explain Danny's coldness toward Lindsay so far this season.

I think the former is more likely than the latter--and perhaps indicates he still has a problem with how she stood him up/shut him out. But I think it goes beyond that--as a character, Danny has never been able to comprehend why people hurt people they care about. I suspect it comes from his experience of being hurt by those he cares about (Louie, Mac, Lindsay, who knows who else). So I think he's constantly trying to understand that, and of course, no one seems to be able to give him a satisfactory answer.

I did notice how the camera kept coming back to Danny's face in that scene. The expression on his face was hard to read, which was interesting. Danny was clearly thinking deeply about something in that moment--I wonder exactly what it was.

Anyone have any thoughts on that interrogation and how Danny reacted?

Honestly, I just thought he was trying to understand the suspect and figure out what happened, rather than it meaning anything about him. It wasn't an out-of-the-blue question, so I'm not sure it's all that significant that Danny asked it rather than Stella. If Stella had said the line, would it signify her thinking about the way Frankie hurt her when he supposedly loved her?...

When I watched the ep. my first response was, "That can't be an accident." To have Danny, of all people, make a comment about standing someone up. If Stella had said it I wouldn't have thought twice about it, her relationship with Frankie would have never crossed my mind. The comment was most likely innocuous, especially considering TPTB's dislike of continuity, but it hit me between the eyes like a two by four.

Maybe he's still touchy about what happened in Love Run Cold. Or you think it had something to do with what Louie did that night? :confused:

I hope he's not still butthurt over Lindsay standing him up more than a year ago--especially if they're supposedly blissfully in love at this point. Not that it isn't possible, but he's dwelling on things too much if he is, and that's not good for you.

Faylinn said:
I hope he's not still butthurt over Lindsay standing him up more than a year ago--especially if they're supposedly blissfully in love at this point. Not that it isn't possible, but he's dwelling on things too much if he is, and that's not good for you.

:lol: Dude, this is Danny we're talking about here. The guy who was mad at his own brother for fifteen years just for pushing him onto the ground and scolding him in front of his Tanglewood pals!

PerfectAnomaly has an interesting point there. We might possibly be already seeing Carmine's word of Danny realizing that Lindsay is not the woman he thought she was ... or that he's known that all along and is only beginning to see through his own denial.

I think there's a big difference between feeling rejected by your brother and believing for 15 years that he didn't like you, didn't trust you, thought you were worthless, etc--and the girl you like acting like a child and not going out with you and then deciding months later that she's ready when she gets over her drama.

If Danny thinks they're the same, I need to smack him upside the head. :rolleyes:

:lol: Danny's skull can be rather thick sometimes. Maybe he needs a smack on his posterior for added effect too. ;)

But yeah, if that part has anything to do with what PerfectAnomaly's said ... things should get mighty interesting.

I don't see a huge correlation between making the standing up comment and his relationships with Louie and Mac, but he does have trust issues. They may vary in type and intensity depending on who hurts him, but overall they're there.

Oversensitive Danny, still being upset about being stood up a year ago? Yes, it's Danny, it's possible. :p I still think the questions Danny asks in interrogations are interesting and consistent--he really doesn't get how people can hurt those they love. For me, that seems to come back to Danny being hurt by the people he cares about and not really understanding that. If you think about the course of the show, Danny's really never had a harsh word for anyone on the team. He's defended himself, but he's never actually fought with anyone--he just kind of shuts down. Maybe I am reading too much into the show, but I do think there's continuity there with his character.

Back