"Built To Kill Part 1" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 12, 2006.

1. iilovecsii

iilovecsii Police Officer

lol yeah..gotta admitt the tatto was a touching moment. =*]

Marg did some really good acting in the end...and from the promo for next week I saw.. she's even better. =] YAY! I love MARG!

2. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

I wasn't going to watch this episode but my sister actually forced me to so...

I liked the tatoo Brass got. That really made me smile.

The scene with Catherine at the end... That made me cry. It was just so sad. I haven't formed an opinion other than it was sad just yet, but give it a few minutes. :D And if things go the way they did this week, my sister will be tying me to a chair and making me watch again next week. :lol:

3. Missing

Missing Pathologist

She is a fighter and will not let this go without some sort of fight. You go Girl!! (sounds sappy but eh)

4. iilovecsii

why should she have to tie you down? You should be willing to watch csi. lol =p

5. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

I wasn't overly impressed with this one I hate to admit. But, I probably dodn't like it that much for the wrong reasons. I'm not a huge fan of Cath, I mean, I like her, I just feel that they put her thru too much and it gets redundant. And then theres the fact that I am OBSESSED with Eric/Greg. And there was more Hodges than Greg. But I told myself i wouldn't womplain because I know he has stuff coming up..

HOWEVER!! I did like the Greg scene.. he is looking mighy fine as usual. I also liked the exchange between Warrick and Brass... it was really sweet. I couldn't help but to keep thinking of the pilet when Warrick screwed up real bad.. it was just a nice scene. I'm not a ship fan at all, but I liked the glances between Gris and Sara for continuety's sake.. Im not against it, I just.. don't care over all.

Oh.. And I really did not like Catherine doing her own rape kit thing and then the breast trying so hard to make an appearence. It just seems that because Grey's is now up against them, they tried to work in as much risque stuff as they could. Didn't really care for that much.

But, through the eyes of either a Cath!drama lover, or just anyone who likes the show with no particular obsession with a character, then it was enjoyable.. So, I'll give it that. :D Sorry if this isn't the opinion that you all wanted to hear but.... what can I do?
    lol

6. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

WOW!! One of my favorite season premiers ever!! The beginning was really iteresting, I actually would like to see a Cirque show sometime. I was a little disappointed with the lack of Greg though, but I know his time is coming :D Everyone was great. I loved the Hodges/Warrick scene!
    Hodges: Say the magic words.
    Warrick: Shut up, Hodges?
    Hodges: No, open sesame. :lol:

And WOW i cant wait for part 2!! Marg is a very very talented actress and she shined last night.

*squee* all in all it was nothing short of AMAZING! :D :D :D

7. iilovecsii

Opinions are great. I think that you are right they did put Catherines character through way too much, they should have given it a rest and instead of that drama..have like love drama. lol. And yes Catherine doing her own rape kit.. good idea. but yea.. I mean she was great acting for that scene but you know.. idk that kinda would gross me out. But it was sad and I cried. but I didn't really like this one as much.. the only intersting parts were the last 15 minutes. but I think that next weeks is going to be a heck of a lot better. =]

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Where the hell was Greg? Is he Archie now?? I mean, he's a CSI. Not a video analizer :( But I have to say in the screentime he had, man he looked fine!! *jaw drops to the floor*

I hope Cath is ok.. *crosses fingers*

I know, I know. Im too negative. Im sorry. I guess I shouldnt be complaining about Greg because he has a whole episode :D *squeee* I was just hoping to see him more. Thats all.

:lol: Hodges was funny as usual!!

9. iilovecsii

greg has a whole ep.? Wait is that the one where he supposidly kills a kid? and your not being negative. =]

10. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

I still think the whole thing is a swerve. What happened to Cath was planned, and I think its beyond a rape or assult. I think she was drugged and left out like that as a message like, 'you're no protected."

I mean if Lindesy is a target then its part of an over all plan. Again I wish the TTB didn't try to chracter assistainte Nick, by making it seem like he just left her there at the bar. But the whole drugged scene was from Cath'
    s POV. Even if Nick hadn't left, I'm sure then the people behind it all would still have found a way to do what they wanted.

I enjoyed the premire more afterwards then when I saw it, oddly enough. It was scattered like the last three premires, but I liked the follow up with Brass and the setting

The ending with Cath despite my mislikes of that type of drama was very well done. I feel for her. I also like the set up for the minature/murder for next week. I'm hopeful this season, and might avoid the boards a bit more becasue I think us the obessive fans are way too picky. Heh.

As far as Greg, well my thoughts are: When he wanted out of the Lab he knew his screentime would get limited when there were all ready 4 other CSIs..if he wanted screentime and not devlopment than he should have stayed at the Lab. Its not being negative just kind of the way it is.

I like watching him grow but the first three seasons for me and whom I'm more loayl to are the main CSIs, Grissom, Catherine, Warrick, Nick and Sara.

Lets hope they find a balance for everyone and we just enjoy the show.

11. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

And Archie wasn't even there to analyze videos last night. Even my husband said "What the (f-bomb) is up with THAT?!" when he saw that. Yes, we are an Archie-fan household... :cool:

Opening credits. Eric. SMOKIN' hot. :devil:

Marg Helgenberger. RAWKED. That last sequence absolutely shredded me. Major kudos. I can't wait for Part 2...

The overall plot - seemed mostly like "set-up" for the rape and the beginning of the Part 2 case. OK case, but nothing to write home about. Remember how the Season 6 finale was sort of like a lot of unseasoned tofu with that "Holy %&!?, Grissom and Sara are 'doing it'!!!" jalapeno moment at the end. This was sort of like, well, maybe tofu, cheese and veggies, but with a decent segment of hot sauce and jalapenos at the end. Better, but I reserve judgement until Part 2.

- Hodges - "Say the magic words."
    - Warrick - "'Shut up, Hodges'?"
    Pure freakin' genius.

And poor, poor Super-Dave. Ooh, I hope next part goes better for the poor guy...

Bring on Part 2!!

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Yup!! It is, Im so excited for it! :D And thanks. :) I just didn't want to be the party pooper :lol: ;)

korbjaeger, I agree. Archie should have been there, and Greg should have been out in the field. :rolleyes: Oh well. There's always part 2 :devil:

13. iilovecsii

You know what Kirsten999 I actually kinda like your theory.. that she wasn't really raped just left there... that is a good one. And it could actually work. But then again.. you never know maybe Catherine felt like she really was raped.. Thats the thing we don't feel what the characters are supposed to feel.. so really we would know if she was raped or not..until next week. Well at least she did a rape kit..and odd/gross one but at least she did it.
    Hey korbjaeger I love archie too.. and I was sad when he didn't process the vids last night.. I hope nothin bad happened to his character. =*[ But he's awsome.. I want more greg though.. Still no one answered my other question.. Does greg kill a kid?

14. 915

915 CSI Level One

I really wished I had watched this episode it sounds like it was really good but I was working until about eleven last night so I had to miss it. :( :(

15. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Future episode spoilers shouldn't be discussed in this thread, I don't think... At least when I come here, I only expect spoilers from the episode in the subject line.