"Built To Kill Part 1" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

We stil dont know Nick's POV. So we dont know if he left Catherine alone to be with the other girl. Maybe the guy that offer her the drink abducted her when she passed out or something. I think that Nick probably went to go look for her and figured she went home and maybe thats when he left. I dont think Nick would of just left with the other girl without even telling Catherine.

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Actually, Nick asked Catherine if Gil would show up. She said "not if he thinks he has to dance."

3. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

I'm writing this from memory so I could be way off, but I thought in the montage before the motel scene, we see Nick give Catherine a look as if to say goodbye and thanks before he heads off with the other woman. Also, Catherine first turned the guy down who offered to buy her a drink, but then it seemed to me that she reconsidered and decided to accept after all. However, that was all pretty unclear since nothing was actually said or shown. Guess we'll have to wait until next week to see what really happened.

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Well, when they were showing Catherine's "blurry" vision of things, you see a blurry Nick raising his hand at her in goodbye, as he's heading out with the blonde. So that to me says he left her at the bar. I don't think it's a big deal though- it's not like she hasn't been alone at bars in the past, like that episode that her real-life husband was in.

I don't think Nick did anything wrong- Catherine's an adult and he had no idea she'd been roofied. However, he's definitely going to feel like crap when he finds out. He'll definitely blame himself on this one.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Personally I wasn't exactly excited with a suicide and accidental death in the same ep. There wasn't really anything to set either one off from the other. From what we saw in the John Mayer video the suicide may be continued in part 2.

I feel we all need to remember that this was just part one of a two hour season premier. I've started to look at it like an hour long intro into the second half, instead of that little 2 or 3 minutes we get before the theme.

Am I mad at Nick for leaving Catherine? Yeah, a little. On the Early Show yesterday MH said that Catherine and Nicks relationship is that she is the big sister and he's the little brother - I take that to mean that she went with him mostly to keep an eye on him not the other way around. From earlier episodes she always has looked out for him. I think I read somewhere (TV Guide before the questions with WP and JF??) that he will blame himself for what happens to Catherine.

Susan

edited to sign my name because both my parents are librarians and they made sure I knew and followed the proper way in English Language Arts!

6. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yes I think he is really going to feel awfull. I am interested to see how this all plays out.

7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I can't wait to see next weeks, how Nick is really feel about leaving Catherine? It not his fault, he did wave good bye at Catherine, all he see she sit down on the stool and he didn't know she was feeling dizzy with the drug.

What if the girl working with the guy? The guy paid her to dance with Nick to get him away from Catherine.

BTW, Nick isn't stupid. He probably didn't leave the club and he probably come back in the club to check on Catherine but she was gone, he assumed she left for home.

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I'm wondering if they'll even find out about Catherine by next week? She may keep this on the downlow with her colleagues, and maybe have it investigated quietly. Who knows?

9. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Thanks back. She was over and we both wanted to say something, and I don't have two computers, so I figured we could both just use m

10. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

The beginning was like a wonderworld. I loved it.
    But Catherine's scene... I wouldn't say I didn't like it, it just make me get sooo depressed. At CSI Message Board I rated it 10/10, but I don't know what to think about it.
    I guess it was too depressive. Maybe because I love Marg/Catherine so so so much.
    I can't even see Marg's face right now because I'm afraid I'm gonna cry.

11. iilovecsii

iilovecsii Police Officer

Well she didn't do the rape kit for a suvioner. i didn't mean that in a mean way by the way. But If that little scene from CSI;Rocks on youtube is going to happen I think that Lindsay is found, they catch her rapist, and warrick is divorced. lol. that would give her something to dance about!. =p But anyway I think that they will all be supportavie of her, and omigod I watched preveiw for next week.. So sad.. warrick is there for her by her side though.. YOblinger or not that is cute.<3 I can't wait. I just hate that none of my friends watch it.=*[ G.A. losers.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

For those wondering what was bothering the great Super dave, here is what he said when he showed up.

Dave: Sorry, got hung up at the meet the future in-laws dinner.
    Sara: Did they love you?
    Dave: I got a little excited talking about work, (pause) they stopped eatting.

LOL I think we know what was bothering him, and threw him off his game.

As to the credits techniqually Wallace (Hodges) was credited but not in the opening theme song. Here is how the credits went, in this order, "William Petersen, Marg Helgenberger, Gary Dourdan, George Eads, Jorja Fox, Eric Szmanda, Robert David Hall, Louise Lombard, and Paul Guilfoyle." then when it went back to the show it said "Special Guest Star, Wallace Langham".

Now before some get to upset about Wallace not being in the theme, maybe they were just delayed in putting him in. But then again another theory Louise was listed before as a special guest star, and Wallace's name was just listed as someone who would be appearing. Now Louise has been bumped up to the theme, and Wallace to "Special Guest Star". course its all theory because we don't know for sure what they are planning.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks I knew they said something about Grissom, but wasn't sure what. I don't get to record it, so thanks for clarifying for me. :)

14. iilovecsii

iilovecsii Police Officer

Haha yeah, that could have definatly got him a little side tracked, just thinking about the recent events at the dinner, her probally forgot he was pulling a gun out of a dead guys hand. But maybe something happends to Hodges..but if not, you would think that Sophia wouldn't be in the opening credits, especially since Hodges has been in it longer. I don't know, but maybe your right, maybe they are a bit delayed and didn't get him in yet.. Hopefully.

And the whole Nick and Catherine convo about (gris or brass), maybe they did say that, cause I can't really picture Nick ASKING cath out on a date, only just hanging out as friends.. But that was a rather snappy outfit for Catherine for just being friends. ;]

15. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I just watched the episode, the beginning wasn't very good, let's admit it, guys. But the end, WOW. It was really good. Lovely acting by Marg Helgenberger. She did a really great acting job. It was soooo sad to see her.

About Brass' tattoo, I admire him for having the guts to take such a tattoo! :D