"Built To Kill Part 1" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 12, 2006.

1. iilovecsii

iilovecsii Police Officer

GOD I hate Grey's. I think that more people will tune into CSI next week. =]

2. Myron

Myron Dead on Arrival

Was Catherine raped? I dozed-off during the second half of the show after the long commercial break so I'm unsure. I woke-up to find Catherine waking-up alone in a hotel room. Actually, the episode was too drawn-out and could have been done in 1 show. "Grey's Anatomy" getting a higher rating was no accident.

3. iilovecsii

iilovecsii Police Officer

lol. yeah but um grey's wasn't a two parter.. the ending of CSI was intersting and when you do a premier that is two parter and intersting at the end everyone is going to want to know what happens.. next week grey's is going down.. CSI is just trying to mess with grey's heads. And yes I guess she was raped.. she probally felt like she was or something.. so if she was unsure she did her own rape kit anyway. =]

4. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Well, it's yet to be seen whether Greg gets a whole episode. I hate to sound like negative-Nellie, but from the spoilers I've read, he'll probably be involved in about a third of the plot, if we're lucky, but it's more Greg than we've seen before so I'm elated to get that much.

By the way, did anyone notice Greg's latest hairstyle incarnation? I love the shorter hair with the longer sideburns. The sideburns go almost all the way down to his jawline, if I can remember correctly from Thursday night. I think he looks great.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Greys Anatomy was supposed to start at 8 and run through 10. At least thats what I heard. You also have to remember that ABC promoted Greys Anatomy all summer. How often did CBS promote CSI. I saw more mention of Jericho, Smith, Shark, and The Class than CSI

Susan

6. keljopy

keljopy Witness

I didn't really like it. Instead of a half of a two part episode I felt like it was one and a half episodes. It seemed like the first half hour or so was a complete (but not very good) episode and then they started a new one. It didn't really have continuity between the two.

7. creamyPB

creamyPB Civilian

hi there. i am new to the posting thing, so be gentle with me. i have to throw my two cents in about marg/cath and the ending scene from BTK PT1. it really hit me hard. i have heard plenty of horror stories from women that this has happened to. while it is very raw and upsetting to see her doing the make-shift kit on herself, it's supposed to be. i was really upset after watching this. marg/cath has always been the reason that i've watched csi really. she's my fave and she definitely proved her acting chops last night. that was just so wrenching to see.

i also think it's an interesting take that some of you guys have suggested that maybe she didn't actually get raped. i didn't think about that at all. i've gotta wonder though, and i'm not trying to gross anyone out here, but wouldn't she 'feel' it? i mean, i don't know, it seems to me like she'd know whether or not something had happened. it will be interesting to see what they do in PT 2. maybe it really was just a ruse to get lindsey, but isn't lindsey in the car when it gets hit? arrgghh! it needs to be thursday right now! :)

overall, the episode was ok, but i do agree with the people who are stating that it really is all a build up to the next episode. i really dig the miniature crime scene. very cool. and i was certainly distressed that greg was doing the video when it should have been archie. he's my other fave from the show.

ok. i'm gonna stop for now, but i had to get it all out.

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I thought so too!!!!
    I watched it again with my husband, I thought he was more fascinated with the mini crime scene than the Cirque show, which I posted on the Grissom thead, but I agree his 'spark' is gone... :( :confused:
    We'll have to see how he handles the mini scene next week

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I'm moving my bitchness from NY forum to here :p

First, too little Hodges and Warrick being evil at him :( (well, he may be bit irritating ;) )

I think really good to be season premiere. Kevin Rahm (dude has same b'day than I have)... he was already a killer in CSINY s2, why not now? Perhaps we'll see him in CSIM season 6.

Anyways. Grissom was weird to see without beard. Oh well. Overall quite good episode. With some creepy elements. Tho there wasn't anything "exciting" about "who did it" and poor Super Dave :(

Anyways. Wow. CSI show making AGAIN a women to be a victim. Why the hell they keep doing this? HAsn't Cath suffered enough from Eddie ? Why they needed to do this? Just plain wrong. *swears at TPTB*

I just wonder when Sofia's time comes... :rolleyes:

10. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

I think the fact she took the rape kit suggested that she thought she had been raped, which I took to mean I should think that too. As for whether she "felt" it - I would say yes, and I kind of thought that was backed up when she was taking the rape kit as she appeared to be wincing slightly? But the implication was that she was also drugged, and her relaxed state as a result of that might mean she suffered less injuries.

Also - to previous posts - Nicky DID say goodbye, btu Catherine was already drugged by that point. We see him waving to her, but she's not able to see him properly.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

:lol: Sofia would just shoot 'em. :D
    As to making the woman a victim, I don't think that was their intent though I am not sure, I mean each time Catherine, or Sara got to a point where they would look like a victim, they usually were tend to make them the survivor who rose above the incident.

I don't know why they feel the need to put them in that type of situation but hopefully they give the characters the respect to really show what they are made of. :)

12. Guest

Guest Guest

So, er...what happened in the second half? I only got to watch the first hald then had to go to work....forgot to get a tape to tape it (yes, I'm still in the stone age...no TiVo :p)

13. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Yay!!!! I finally got to sit down & watch it. Man it was strange seeing Grissom without a beard. Sure do miss it. LOL. Also looked like he'd lost weight. I wnjoyed the ep & can't wait to see pt. 2. I guess drugging Catherine was for a reason? Next week I guess Lindsey's abducted? Man I'm gonna hate that. Loved the look between Grissom & Sara when he brought her something to eat. Can't wait to see who figures out what's going on. LOL Read that WP didn't sign his contract so wonder if i t's goodbye after this season? Don't see the show going on without him.All in all I have to give the show an A. It was wonderful.

14. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Weren't the corpses supposed to speak? Was it a hoax or maybe they decide not to do it? :confused:

I liked very much "Le Cirque du Soleil" scenes,they were spectacular.

To rape her,I guess.

Yeah,I'm sure he's gonna leave the series after this season and I can't imagine the show without him either. :( :( :(

btw he looked gorgeous without the beard. :devil:

15. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

I think that's in another episode coming up.

I thought the cases were boring. An accident and a suicide. Big deal. I expected more, I guess.

Marg did a fantastic job, btw.