"Built To Kill Part 1" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: 9/21/06 (THURSDAY)
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#701) "Built To Kill, Part 1"

A MURDER AT CIRQUE DU SOLEIL EMBROILS THE CSI TEAM IN THE BACKSTAGE WORKINGS OF THE FAMED LAS VEGAS SHOW, ON PART ONE OF THE TWO PART SEVENTH SEASON PREMIERE.

"Built To Kill, Part One" -- When an aspiring dancer is murdered backstage during Cirque du Soleil's KA show, the CSIs investigate what goes on behind-the-scenes to uncover the truth. -- The CSIs investigate first-hand the behind-the-scenes action of Cirque du Soleil in order to determine what may have contributed to the young dancer's untimely death. Meanwhile, after Catherine and Nick visit a nightclub where John Mayer is performing, Catherine finds herself in jeopardy and must act as her own CSI in order to determine who may be targeting her and her family. Also, Grissom is perplexed after receiving an uncanny miniature replica of the crime scene he is investigating.

Grammy Award-winning recording artist John Mayer makes a cameo appearance, performing two new songs from his third studio album, Continuum. Mayer performs his current single, "Waiting on the World to Change," as well as "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room," for Catherine and Nick at a nightclub. -- Danny Bonaduce ("The Partridge Family") also guest stars as an ex-rocker who ends up a murder victim.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Sofia Curtis: Louise Lombard
    Hodges: Wallace Langham

GUEST STARS:
    Himself: John Mayer
    Izzy: Danny Bonaduce
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Sheriff Burdick: Nick Searcy
    Sam Braun: Scott Wilson
    Joe Hirschoff: Kevin Rahm
    Arnie Clifton: Joe Reegan
    Bartender: Michael Milhoan
    Party Girl: Arielle Vandenberg
    DJ: Yusuf Gatewood
    Robert O'Brien: Edward C. Hayes
    Cirque Manager: Mark Ivanir

"Thanks To The Futon Critic"

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

WOW, I'm the first person here
    I should be a very intriging episode. I like Cirqu Du Soliel
    John Mayer too!
    I look foreward to this episode

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

it should be intriguing *nods*

*hopes for just one word: CatNip!*

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

From TV Guide for week of Sept. 18-24

WHERE WE LEFT OFF:: Grissom (William Petersen and Sara (Jorja Fox) were together--in a hotel room. Warrick (Gary Dourdan) hit a rough spot in his marriage. Brass (Paul Guilfoyle) was struggling to survive getting shot!!!

WHAT'S NEXT::The ardor between Grissom and Sara took fans by surprise (not really), and exec producer Carol Mendelsohn promises "their relationship will continue, but it's a secret to everyone but the audience" In the 3rd episode, Sara will allude to the first time she met Grissom--in San Francisco before joining the Las Vegas team. Meanwhile Catherine (Marg Helgenberger) becomes a crime victim!!!

GUSST STAR TRIPS:: In the opener, the CSI team will encounter the body of an 80's rocker, played by Danny Bonaduce. nearby is a minature replica of the crime scene with "every detail", right down to the blood pool", Mendelsohn says!! Who'e a suspect? The rocker's wife, played by Sean Young. what is this?--CSI SURREAL LIFE?

[​IMG]

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

This is exciting! We already have a thread for this episode!! I cant wait :D

6. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

I have to admit . I've never heard the name John Mayer before the spoilers for this episode came out.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay folks lets keep it to what is relative to this episode, anything relative to future eps goes into the spoiler lab, or into the discussion thread we start for that ep. Thanks. :)

8. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

Wow! I've heard of Danny Bonaduce before. And I love John Mayer's music. He's really good.

Poor Cath! I'm feeling sorry for her.

ETA: My aunt just told me over the phone that Cath is supposed to dance with Nick in the club. She read it in her TV Guide. I told her that I read it on this site already. :)

9. Toots

Toots Pathologist

So, they were in a hotel room after all. I thought they were in Sara's apartment, although it did look kind of frilly for her decorating style.

10. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

Yeah, it was a hotel room. We've seen her apartment before, in 'You've Got Male'.

I shudder at the thought of that hotel room... I didn't like those decorations. *ughhh*

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

If they were still in Vegas - which granted, they may not have been - why would they go to a hotel room? [​IMG]

12. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Because if they were at Grissom's apartment, they would risk someone like Catherine, Doc, or Warrick dropping over unannounced.

Sara is (was) more the loner, but I guess Catherine could have possibly dropped by Sara's place without prior warning. Either way, I suppose there would have been too much of a chance that a co-worker might drop by so they choose to "get-together" at a hotel.

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I don't think they were at a hotel. We've asked around over at YTDAW, and it seems that the script had them at Sara's apartment. How news organizations and media outlets interpret the scene is another, thing, though, I guess...

But, this might be off-topic.

On topic, I think it'll be fun to see how much of John Mayer's song is actually featured in the episode. I've seen the music video (which is now at CBS Innertube and is much lighter and better quality) where they had the whole song, but usually there isn't enough time for an entire song in the context of the episode. Nick dancing with Cath should be fun, though. I hope someone comments on his amazing changing hair. ;)

14. sherlockanne

sherlockanne Lab Technician

I'm psyched for this ep!! John Mayer ROCKS and I recently went to a Cirque du Soleil show and loved it!! I especially can't wait to see Greggo back... :D

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I thnk TV Guide doesn't know all the answers about CSI-and the small details--when I first read it I was going 'WHAT"?? and that's not a hotel room- I live in Vegas, and have never seen a hotel room like that- it's too personal- and girly- I'm still holding out that's it's her apt. :p