"Built To Kill Part 1" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Dance2nite926

Dance2nite926 CSI Level One

Agreed. It didn't really get exciting until the last 15 minutes or so.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

That's coming up. Episode 7x03 'Toe Tags'. :)

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

okey, i completely loved the ep. it was great :D the work of the camera and pictures in the very beggining were breathtaking. the same goes to the music and the style the intro was made. fanstastic. i felt like i was watching a widescreen movie.

the cases. they were also good, but they lacked suspence. there was no way i could make my guesses on who killed. i have an impression that the stories and the suspects in earlier seasons were more introduced to us, and therefore the audience was able to form their own opinions on the "who" aspect.

CathDrama - absolutely AMAZING. absolutely! i'm unspoiled so what happened to her was a HUGE shock to me. i almost fell off my bed. i'm dying to see what's gonna happen next.

GSR - freakin' great. veggie burger ... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. i wait for more in the next ep, when they'll be working the case together. Viva La GSR! and this case looks very interesting as well.

to summarize my eval: i'm giving 8/10.

4. csitelma

csitelma Victim

this episode was amazing, especially the ending
    the cases were okay but i loved the way they ended it and how they made the "To be Continued" letters appear
    i've seen other shows saying TBC but it just kinda jumps at you or appears out of nowhere
    i guess it was the music they used and how they faded in at the end that just seemed more mysterious to me
    don't know if i'm making any sense but that's what i thought
    and i feel bad for catherine to have to go through that and what's going to happen in the next episode
    i'm thinking that the cases they showed in this episode might have something to with what's gonna happen next week and it might serve as some explanation for what is gonna happen

5. iilovecsii

iilovecsii Police Officer

yeah but the 8-9 was a re run from the ep. that ended the season before it. and the 9-10 was the new.. And yeah They did not promote s7 of CSI like they did with other shows.. CBS sucks sometimes.

6. Toots

Toots Pathologist

As one who detests tattoos of any kind, I have to admit that I liked how Brass got the date of his shooting tattooed underneath the scar. That was pretty cool.

Catherine amazed me with her self-processing. She amazed me because she was crazy to have done it herself. What was she thinking, and what was she thinking showering in that hotel room's bathroom? I suppose it was to further the episode into two parts, but man, was that odd or what?

I love Nick, but I keep staring at his shaved head and wondering why he would do that. He's got a very full face so the kiwi fruit fuzz head look doesn't do anything to enhance his otherwise handsome face. I don't blame Nick for not keeping an eye on Catherine. She told him to go for it when that blonde was giving him that come-hither look; plus, Catherine's a big girl. She's tough too. There are just too many questions I have regarding her disappearance. Hopefully it will all get solved in the next episode.

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i have mixed feelings about this episode, and i havent read most other peoples stuff so forgive me if i repeat other rants. this would have been better if it was in the second half of the season, it was not good enough for a season opener. especially with the new competition. its like cbs gave up or something, they didnt promote it at all over the summer. although i dont watch greys, abc won fair and square.

moving back to this episode, since the writers dont like cliffhanger endings to the season for whatever reason, they really need to do something huge and shocking for an opener. and im sorry, catherines incident was not good enough. i know its big, and i know the writers will probably hang on to it forever but its as if the writers were just going for a shock value as opposed to a really good meaty storyline.

the cases werent good enough for a season opener, a suicide and an accidental death? they could have done so much better. its like they were thinking 'we want catherine to get raped, how can we get the cases over as fast as possible so we can show that?'

while the storylines were well thought out the episode as a whole was poorly put together. it was rushed, jumpy, and basically a random assortment of scenes.

as much as i disliked the ending, i have to give marg credit where credit is due. i do not like catherine as a character, and it bothers me how her story lines get the most continuity, but marg actually made me feel for her in that scene. you could tell that catherine was trying to keep her cool, but was too embarassed to let anyone know right away, hence the self processing. but what i dont like is that this storyline is far from over whereas the other characters issues fizzle into non-existence if the writers so please.

in conclusion, not a bad episode, not great. like i said in the other thread i think the writers tried too hard. if they cleaned up the transitions between scenes and aired the same episode during february sweeps i think it would have been a much better idea for the show.

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Maybe somebody with better equipment than me can check this out. Is the girl with Sam Braun in the beginning and the girl dancing with Nick at the end the same girl? If it is do you think it was done on purpose or in a "save money" type of way since the two scenes seem unrelated?

I ask this because from looking at my video and at the screencaps it looks like the same girl.

9. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I say we kick that girls butt anyways!.. come on, I know you all wanna!

Wonder if it is the same girl, does it really look like her?

10. iilovecsii

Yeah I watched it again and I saw that. I think that it is her. that who*e. I would laugh soo hard if the LVPD shoots Sam. That would lift even my worst days. =] That sounds mean but I think that sam had something to do with it.

11. allmaple

allmaple Judge

they do look extremely similar but i dont think its the same girl
    sams blonde
    nicks blonde
    i dont think it was intentional, probably just happened that way. the facial features and hair colour are slightly different on each girl

12. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

those are really good screen shots.
    how do you do a tv to computer screen shot like that?
    Thanks

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i have no idea how she does them, they come from this website and the user on this board named Erica is the one who runs the site so im sure you could ask her if you want to learn how to make them :)

14. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

15. iilovecsii

I don't know about that... if you copy and paste them into paint and put them next to each other... It's pretty freaking close.. like really really really really (million more times) close. Her nose and eyes and with the nick shot you can't really see her teeth and mouth but from just the side they look similar, I think that it is her. just in diff clothes, and straighted her hair.