"Art Imitates Life" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think he went back to see her after Greg was done.

This is the biggest snooze-fest of an episode since....well, since last week! :rolleyes:

No interaction among the characters...just walking down halls and sitting at computers...no camaraderie....Riley making lame attempts at jokes...dead people who look as fake as the day is long....and Grissom moping around. If that keeps up until he leaves, I don't know if I can stand watching it.

The fact the I got online DURING the show....that does not bode well.

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

It was okay. I loved Brass's line of, "Where would I pin the badge?", because that was hysterical. Riley... I'm torn on.

And I'm sick of Greg getting the shaft. And I'm also waiting for Nick to react...

But, alas, this wasn't too bad...

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

great episode. interesting case with some funny moments, good introduction of 2 new characters, thoughtful foreshadowing for Grissom's exit. overall very enjoyable hour of television, which i could not say about last week's episode. 9/10

4. muse2greats

muse2greats Dead on Arrival

Okay, Greg is talking to the psychiatrist before Nick? WTF...
    And still no emotion of any sort from Nick...
    Atleast Greg had way more screen time this episode...
    I like that he had a chance to be sort of a hero...
    but I have to agree; no interaction between the characters
    at all... and this season if it stays the same is going to be like
    watching another brand new tv drama.... It's nothing like what it
    was the last 8 seasons... I mean come on my 3 yr old nephew could
    write better... Heck! I could do better with this...

I think I just watched this without even getting really into
    it like I have the last several years....

LAME again this week...
    MUSE:wtf:

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I liked it... well, I'd give it a B+. The bodies looked totally fake. And Riley... I didn't mind the lame jokes because to me it felt like she was awkwardly trying to fit in, which seems logical to me.

When Riley was giving the boy CPR, the first thing I thought was "well this is an interesting first day".

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

This episode tanked!

And I'm sorry, but I couldn't care less about the mental health of Grissom's dog.

Why weren't Catherine and Nick interviewed by the therapist? They were Warrick's best friends.

Enough of grieving Grissom, we know he's grieving but so are the rest.

Riley was funny, though. But they should have had someone else save the kid.

Are TPTB trying to drive us away? I mean I played Pac Man on my cell phone during the show and my friend knitted a sweater.

There was no interaction of the characters, nothing just plain nothing. Just Grissom talking about his dog which seemed like dead air to me.

7. metal666

metal666 Victim

Why does it feel like I know more about Riley after one episode than I do about Greg and Nick after eight freaking years. :scream::brickwall:
    Grissom, the labrats are there for a reason. They do the horribly complex chemical reactions and give you a peice of paper.
    Are Nick and Cathrine even still on this show?

Oh yea, the case. Meh, that guy was dedicated but to go from zero to super complex rigs that hold people in place? not really feeling it.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I thought it was a fairly decent episode, better than last week's which bored me to sleep. I admit the bodies looked rather fake, but I think they were meant to.

I like Riley. She could be serious when it was needed. I actually liked that it was not Nick, Grissom, or Catherine who came to the rescue in the end. It was nice to see Greg there and even Riley. They have to start having them step up in the show once Grissom is gone. It can't be the Nick and Catherine show either.

9. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Yeah...I know how you feel...:( CSI is gonna be now "The Riley Adams Show" or what?

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I enjoyed this episode much better then the last, but I do have to say...Nick and Cath were in it plenty. Okay, so they weren't totally dominating the case...but it was a team effort after all.

As for Greg with the doc? So they showed Greg and not Nick....don't mean that Nick wasn't already in to see her and we just didn't see that scene and perhaps he chose not to seek counseling at that time.

Great to see Vartann again....hope this episode wasn't a one shot deal for the character...and I've decided that I like Riley and she will fit in a lot better then Ronnie did with the team. Like the counselor mentioned..it was going to be a difficult time to be new and fitting in, with the team dealing with Warrick and then a new team member.

I am hoping that the episodes get better though...it's hard to follow up a great primeire so, personally, I'm gonna chalk up the sketchyness of the past two episodes to that.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I just want to just say I couldn't care less about Hank's mental health. Call the Dog Whisperer Grissom!

At least my girl Mandy was in it!

12. Lyra

Lyra Victim

I for one LOVED the episode and my dad did too. I hate how some people have to get so annoyed with everything. Why complain about it? But I don't watch much TV so I guess I'm easily satisifed or something. XD! I loved the episode and the new character is awesome! It's always nice to have fresh blood now and then, and there is a lack of female characters since Sara and Sofia left.

Love Hodges in this one! Really great episode! Lots of good emotion!

13. muse2greats

muse2greats Dead on Arrival

Ya know you are absolutely right... We know alot about Greg and Nick and even Catherine, but they didn't beat around the bush with letting us know all about her.... It took us 8 yrs to get to know everyone else, but they cut right to the chase with her...
    I do however (no offense) like her better than I like sarah...
    I think she'll fit right in... Maybe she'll give us more Greg screen time...
    :eek:

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I like the episode, it was good. I'm glad Vartaan back and sound like he is in next week too and it look like him, he is the only one tall then the othe Detective. I like Reily and she will fit right in. I think Nick is holding his emotion right now and he probably will have a break down soon, I hope.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I wouldn't count on it. And I may be done with spoilers. They tend to set you up and make you hopeful and then it turns out to be nothing like what you thought it would be. :( Better to have low expectations and then an episode like this one won't seem so bad.