"Art Imitates Life" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Chellelee_5

Chellelee_5 Civilian

My DVR cut off right as they were pulling the boy out of the chamber. Can someone please fill me in on what happened? Thanks

2. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I liked this episode a lot better than last week's, but I agree it could have been improved by seeing more camaraderie between the characters.

When I saw Hodges go to the psychiatrist's office, start to knock, and then seeing Greg in there at an obviously emotional time, I thought for a minute that Hodges may try to bait Greg later on in the episode, but I was relieved to see that he had matured (a bit), and didn't tease Greg. I hope those two have come to a truce of sorts, and make every effort to get along.

I wonder if we'll see Alex Kingston again in the role of the therapist? She was really good in that role.

Riley seemed okay. I'm one of those fans who resist liking new characters, but she seemed fine so far.

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I know Smokey. It was wishful thinking and we all know we won't see Nick have a break down. We will probably have a heart attack if Nick does have a break down.

Chellellee 5, the boy is saved by Riley.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

After they pulled the boy out of the chamber, Greg called for an ambulence and Riley performed CPR on the boy and finally got him breathing again and then I think she said "it's okay" to him or something.

I thought it was a pretty decent episode. Loads better than last week. And the airtime for each character was pretty evened out. Riley didn't dominate the screen time which I think people were fearing. I like her and she seemed to fit right in. And I don't think Catherine dislikes her... I think Catherine was just stunned by her type of joking... just something she's not used to.

Here's what I wrote while watching the episode:

I'll say it again, first vic looks like Heather Graham. Well, the dead version does anyway. The actress in the flashback didn't. :lol:

"Where's the body?"- Superdave
    "Ask her." -Griss
    "Excuse me, Ma'am? Ma'am. Hey!"-Superdave. :guffaw: And then Grissom's grin. :lol:

:lol: at Riley knowing what the shrink was gonna say before she said it. Her first day and we already know both her parents' professions. Seems the writers realize the mistakes they made with the other characters and are starting out on the right foot with the new character. I still wish they'd let us know more about Greg and Nick. We know plenty of Cath and Griss.

Loved the scene with Riley teasing Superdave.

"That's coroner speak for I can't explain what killed her."- Nick

:lol: at Riley's story about her teeth.

"I've heard of dying with your boots on, but this is ridiculous!"- Vartann Good to see you again, Detective Vartann! :)

"Head lice. They're all dead." -Griss
    "Good. I hate those little bastards." -Greg :lol:

"A naughty drawer."-Riley

I like the quote she said about the weed too, but it was too long for me to catch all of it enough to write down. :lol: What was it she said she had in her locker? Loved Cath's horrified look and then Riley telling her she was kidding and Cath's reaction. :lol:

"I don't do nude. Where would I pin the badge?"- Brass :lol:

Grissom's having probs with Hand the dog? And he thinks the shrink can help?

"Now that we know the recipe, lets find the cook." - Nick

Hand the dog is probably listless cause he misses Sara.

Oh man, the scene where Riley was giving the boy CPR made me all teary eyed.

Riley got scenes with pretty much everyone (in the opening credits) except Hodges.

About the preview: "The final scene will haunt you." Huh? What is that all about?

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm still cringing about that conversation Grissom had about his dog.

Maybe crying is more like it.

I agree with you guys, the writers have just forgotten about Nick and the aesome friendship that he and Warrick had. It's really sad that potential storylines are being forgotten about.

They just don't care about the character that's what it boils down to. They simply are just gonna let him wither up.

And would it have killed the writers to let us listen to what Greg had to say when he was with the therapist?! Gees!

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I would have liked to hear some of what Greg was saying. That's really the only beef I had with the ep besides the fact that we didn't get to see Nicky in therapy and the fact that Nicky and Greg didn't have scenes together. I would think that with Warrick gone, Nick might hang out more with his only other guy friend from work.

Oh and by the way, I meant to add in my other post that I think the bodies were supposed to look fake cause that other artist kept saying how inferior the work was to his own... so I think they had to make it look inferior.

Oh and I didn't hear the whole conversation Grissom had with the shrink about his dog cause I got interrupted. I was worried that I missed something good, but I guess I didn't. :lol: All I got out of that was Grissom was wondering if his dog could take on his emotions or something. :lol:

7. Chellelee_5

Chellelee_5 Civilian

Thanks to WalkingZombies & DeaditeSlayer for filling me in. Much appreciated.

8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Overall, I like this new Riley character. I also wish we had heard what Greg was saying but it leaves it more mysterious as to what he was saying about Warrick. We'll probably see what Nick has to say in another episode.

Since when has LV used Miami and NY's cheesy fast cut close ups? I didn't like that at all. But like I said, I think it was a pretty good episode.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I wanna know about next week too!

I may have to rewatch the ep on On Demand because someone had to interrupt me and make me miss a big chunk *grrrrrrr* I did see the aforementioned good lines though.

I agree on wanting some Nick mourning time, or Catherine, either one.

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah same here. I also enjoyed Vartann! I'm so glad he's back! That guy is awesome!

11. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

This was a good epi. Cath is being allowed to be a more serious supervisor, so the transition from Grissom seems to be starting.

I really like her. She's outwardly confident, so will be able to hold her own. Can't wait to see what happens the first time one of the lab rats goes after her with some snide comment. Her response will probably leave him/her standing there with mouth hanging open.

I think whoever commented on LH's role being to listen about Warrick was right on the money. The counselor said Grissom would need to open up before he could begin to adjust to Warrick's death; I see LH as the only person he'd feel comfortable talking to.

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

A few points:
    * love Riley (great to see LLS on a series again)
    * Brass/Skaggs conversation was hilarious
    * Blisterman's fascination with the video camera was super creepy
    * it was great to see Alex Kingston, but she was under-used. I hope she returns as a recurring character.
    * Jeffrey Tambor was hilarious
    * VARTANN! VARTANN!! It's VARTANN!!!
    * Riley/Cath & the bag of weed. LOL
    * Hated the abrupt ending
    * I need a Liz Vassey fix.

my full (long) recap can be found here

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

YES, Yes he is!
    And the best parts of the episode were from him and Brass....

Vartann: "I don't know, tell him MichealAngelo has nothing on him." That line had me laughing. :guffaw:

Brass: "I don't do nude, where would I pin the badge." God, don't you love Brass. He needs to stay a homicide detective.

But other than that, the case was pretty predictiable. The essoteric, egomaniac artist is the main suspect. Why wouldn't he be? But he's too full of himself to appreciate or even recognize 'other art'. It's the wanna-be artist that had to make a 'statement' that is the real killer. Um yeah, pretty predictable. :rolleyes:

Have to say though, it was pretty creepy the way he set up the bodies to look like they were doing normal, everyday things.

The new girl was okay. Her trying to be funny and sarcastic was not well recieved. The timing was off. Had she come earlier before Warrick's death then maybe Cath would have warmed up to her more. It was funny though to see Catherine sniff at the huge bag of weed. :lol:

I couldn't agree more. Lady Heather is one of the only people that really 'get' Grissom. He obviously didn't want to talk to the couselor. That's why he made up the stuff about Hank. He's got some serious issues he needs to address. It's either because in retrospect he knew on some level the relationship with Sara was a bad idea from the beginning and he couldn't bring himself to end it. The Death of Warrick, the dissolvement of his friendship with Catherine, or his unresolved feelings for Lady Heather. Whatever it is, he needs an outlet. He's obviosly not the man he was 9 years ago. I'm glad he admitted (at least to himself) that he's loosing his desire or willingness to do the job.

So, to the end..
    Again, pretty predictable. Grissom talking to the suspect white the rest of the team, including Vartann much to my pleasant surprise,:D races to find the victim.*off to fan fic mode after Vartann's scene with the kid* :) So, at this point, I'm on the fence about the new girl. I hope she can stay longer than Ronnie. Ronnie was just a pretty face to me.

This episode was better than last weeks, but not a stellar CSI episode.

14. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Interesting ep. Not bad at all. Who played the killer? He had the perfect mix of creepy,yet, somehow, I felt a little sorry for him.

15. Veze

Veze Rookie

The episode was way better than last week but inferior to For Warrick, wich is understandable.

About Grissom talking about Hank's behaviors... Come on, we know Grissom. It's is way to open up. Way easier to talk about the dog than about himself and the shrink called him on it and redirect the whole thing to what Grissom's feeling. IMO it was way more plausible than Grissom just going to see the shrink and start to talk. It's totally in character. But I agree on one point. I hope Grissom's will not weep around for the whole 10 episodes he's doing before leaving.

And want to see how the others cope with Warrick's death too. Especially Nicky. Let the wall of is fortress crumble and expose the vulnerable Nicky please!

I like Riley so far. She'll fit in just fine.
    ETA: Love love love the crazy artist painting people who look dead... and his interraction with Brass

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008